Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 07:43 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,553,114 times

Advertisements

Trump is part of that 47% that Romney talked about 4 years ago. Usually it's poor people that are in the 47% such as retirees, young people that don't make much money, part-time workers, disabled, students, people out of work, people in jail.

He doesn't pay for the interstates that he drives on, for the secret service that protects him, for the treasury dept employees that he trashes, for the federal court employees whose services he has used during lawsuits, for FEMA that helped NYC during the Sandy floods, for Center for Disease Control that is tracking and planning for disease outbreaks such as ZIKA and before that ebola, for the EPA that ensures clean air and water, for the Dept of Ag that ensures our food is safe, for the Border Patrol that monitors and catches illegals crossing the border, for the military, for the DEA which handles drug busts.

We pay for this for him so he can keep his billions for his family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 07:46 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,986,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump is part of that 47% that Romney talked about 4 years ago. Usually it's poor people that are in the 47% such as retirees, young people that don't make much money, part-time workers, disabled, students, people out of work, people in jail.

He doesn't pay for the interstates that he drives on, for the secret service that protects him, for the treasury dept employees that he trashes, for the federal court employees whose services he has used during lawsuits, for FEMA that helped NYC during the Sandy floods, for Center for Disease Control that is tracking and planning for disease outbreaks such as ZIKA and before that ebola, for the EPA that ensures clean air and water, for the Dept of Ag that ensures our food is safe, for the Border Patrol that monitors and catches illegals crossing the border, for the military, for the DEA which handles drug busts.

So if Trump is unamerican for paying what he's required to pay - does that mean the 47% are unamerican for not at least making some sort of donation?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:46 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,732,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

But why not blame the government, why is it his fault for paying as little as possible? Isnt it their fault for not requiring him to pay more?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:49 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,387,732 times
Sorry..ALL want to keep their "Tax" liability to the least/ BUT MOST PEOPLE do NOT the the FUNDS to have a panel of Lawyer's to MAKE SURE their client pays Nothing... Using loopholes ( which has been the biggest complaint for half+ decades) keep pointing that FACT out.

BUT the bottomline..Trumpster's uses ( by having the $$$$ to have lawyers to make sure every loophole is used)..and it appears in his Non-Profit Trump Foundations pushed it TOOOOOO FAR!! Using other people's money to pay for Trump's personal debt or PAY to Play activitiy)?? GMAFB!!! Wonder how those folks think about how their donations were actually applied to charities and good works now???

His success IF is true since he refuses to be transparent about it all ( false excuses) has ALWAYS been based on promoting/BS Investors to put up $$$$ ..then makes sure HIS A$$ is covered..and Investors FAIL. With his history..IS he actually willing to use the possible power of POTUS to further GAME THE SYSTEM?? After the past 16 months..I say Yes..Especially with Putin's Hacker help ..Trump and for his supporters buy into his Bluster..But in truth he is truly THE TROJAN HORSE that quite possibly could melt down International failures on so many levels..and those with investments WILL indeed lose~~ He's an egomaniac..needs to be agreed with constantly..and that personality has been witnessed before.. BUT Hatred's and biases have somehow forget history!! GOP dramatically changed post BO's election and has gone DOWNHILL since..Good my American friends as I truly feel the anxiety to realize so many are so Fringe thinkers and willing to give up everything because of biases

The actual BEEF by MOST American's is that the major parties REFUSE to compromise..Even GOP Control of Congress has NOT changed that..So I don't blame folks for feeling disenfranchised. Preacher's of HATE and Constant Fear mongering..wasting of taxpayers dollars by whomever is in power because they care about nothing but getting elected or real-elected..leads to STAGNATION.. Yes..CHange is needed and required..BUT to elect a person like TRUMP seems senseless.. His advisors are from ALL the FRINGE of American Society..His Lies don't matter ..his denials of FACTUAL yet can be proven within minutes..don't matter..THIS alone describes his followers...I am reminded of "JIM JONES" who bamboozled so many innocents with his preaching of freedom and using them!! History tells you what happened in the including many deaths of innocents and Politicians who tried to save them~~ Ignorance should be no excuse in the age of Internet..I google search will EDU-CATE..

Old 09-27-2016, 07:50 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,050,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If government took those deductions away it will discourage people from investing. One example, rental real estate. The government doesn't want to be a landlord so it encourages people to invest in real estate rental property by giving them tax deductions.

If government took real estate deductions away then fewer people will invest in real estate. Because there will be fewer rental properties available and because they no longer get deductions the costs will be passed on to the renter. Renting will skyrocket and the people who can't afford it will live on the street or in government high-rises.

People unknowingly are cutting off their noses to spite their face. They need to be more knowledgeable and know what they are demanding.
There is no way I can own enough rental property to offset my income with depreciation write offs. Nobody will lend me that much money. So, yes, I'm a little bit ticked off that Trump calls himself smart, while I must be dumb for working hard and paying a lot of taxes. I take every single deduction I'm eligible for - mortgage, children, max out 401k and HSA and own one rental property. I still pay 30K/year. And, oh yes, I pay property taxes too.
And I'm a little bit ticked off by your condescending tone. I'm still waiting on your answer about the number of pages in your 1040. I worked as a tax preparer, and while no CPA, I understand tax code as it relates to the average person. I don't appreciate our future president keeping us all for idiots who don't know how to take care of their money.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:51 PM

24,464 posts, read 23,161,166 times
Trump used legal loopholes to pay as little tax as possible and Hillary used legal loopholes to rake in as much money as she could through the Clinton Foundation. Plus she used legal loopholes and insider contacts to avoid criminal prosecution over the E mails. So they're each guilty of the same thing.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:52 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,050,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
But why not blame the government, why is it his fault for paying as little as possible? Isnt it their fault for not requiring him to pay more?
People like him lobby to keep tax code where it is - full of loopholes. You and I don't lobby the government, we are just one vote that really means nothing.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
The government is supposed to solve our problems yet they can't even solve a problem like the tax code.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:54 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,154,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Excellent deflection.
What you call deflection is the truth - except you Trumpettes can't handle the truth.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Sorry..ALL want to keep their "Tax" liability to the least/ BUT MOST PEOPLE do NOT the the FUNDS to have a panel of Lawyer's to MAKE SURE their client pays Nothing... Using loopholes ( which has been the biggest complaint for half+ decades) keep pointing that FACT out.

BUT the bottomline..Trumpster's uses ( by having the $$$$ to have lawyers to make sure every loophole is used)..and it appears in his Non-Profit Trump Foundations pushed it TOOOOOO FAR!! Using other people's money to pay for Trump's personal debt or PAY to Play activitiy)?? GMAFB!!! Wonder how those folks think about how their donations were actually applied to charities and good works now???

His success IF is true since he refuses to be transparent about it all ( false excuses) has ALWAYS been based on promoting/BS Investors to put up $$$$ ..then makes sure HIS A$$ is covered..and Investors FAIL. With his history..IS he actually willing to use the possible power of POTUS to further GAME THE SYSTEM?? After the past 16 months..I say Yes..Especially with Putin's Hacker help ..Trump and for his supporters buy into his Bluster..But in truth he is truly THE TROJAN HORSE that quite possibly could melt down International failures on so many levels..and those with investments WILL indeed lose~~ He's an egomaniac..needs to be agreed with constantly..and that personality has been witnessed before.. BUT Hatred's and biases have somehow forget history!! GOP dramatically changed post BO's election and has gone DOWNHILL since..Good my American friends as I truly feel the anxiety to realize so many are so Fringe thinkers and willing to give up everything because of biases

The actual BEEF by MOST American's is that the major parties REFUSE to compromise..Even GOP Control of Congress has NOT changed that..So I don't blame folks for feeling disenfranchised. Preacher's of HATE and Constant Fear mongering..wasting of taxpayers dollars by whomever is in power because they care about nothing but getting elected or real-elected..leads to STAGNATION.. Yes..CHange is needed and required..BUT to elect a person like TRUMP seems senseless.. His advisors are from ALL the FRINGE of American Society..His Lies don't matter ..his denials of FACTUAL yet can be proven within minutes..don't matter..THIS alone describes his followers...I am reminded of "JIM JONES" who bamboozled so many innocents with his preaching of freedom and using them!! History tells you what happened in the including many deaths of innocents and Politicians who tried to save them~~ Ignorance should be no excuse in the age of Internet..I google search will EDU-CATE..
So wealthy people are bad for hiring professionals to do their taxes? Wow. What next - wealthy people are bad for living in wealthy/safe neighborhoods and going to the best doctors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections