Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 05:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Couldn't come up with a single leader in the world that he appreciated, respected. When he finally did, he said Merkel. I think he's very weak on foreign affairs. Didn't know Mexico's current president and he lives in a state bordering Mexico.
I saw that.

I truly do not understand the attraction to Johnson and there are people here who have been with him from the beginning.

He's weak.

Weld seems far better prepared and informed.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:04 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Quote:
You'd be voting Trump into office. Hope you're happy with that choice.
Sorry, you can vote for whomever you want. To each his own. It's important to let each candidate know how many people support them.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:05 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I would very much love to see Johnson in office, but we all know that is NOT going to happen. So by voting for Johnson (which I did last time), I am throwing my vote away. Like I said in another thread, this election is not about who you want in office, but about who you don't want in office more. Pick the lesser of the two evils.

I'm struggling with what I will do come voting time. I sure as hell do not want Clinton in office, but it sickens me that my only other option is Trump. And I do believe that voting for Johnson is giving my vote to Clinton.
What happens if the answer is......."we don't care". Some people have come to the realization that voting for the lesser of two evils......is still voting for evil. Their conscience can't stand Their further promotion and participation in the promulgation of evil. They have reached their limit.

Also in Johnson's case. If he can reach 5% I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) he can get federal funds for his next campaign. So some folks out there are actually trying to further a third party cause.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:08 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,299,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I saw that.

I truly do not understand the attraction to Johnson and there are people here who have been with him from the beginning.

He's weak.

Weld seems far better prepared and informed.
I agree that Weld should be at the top of the ticket as he's a better speaker. But a point I liked about Johnson/Weld on Hardball was by pointing out Hillary Clinton's hawkishness. Even the strongest Clinton supporter would admit how much of a hawk she is.

And I also liked his stance on legalized Cannabis and ending the drug war.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
I agree that Weld should be at the top of the ticket as he's a better speaker. But a point I liked about Johnson/Weld on Hardball was by pointing out Hillary Clinton's hawkishness. Even the strongest Clinton supporter would admit how much of a hawk she is.

And I also liked his stance on legalized Cannabis and ending the drug war.
Question. Would the tea party be willing to put Weld at the top of the ticket? As my former governor. I can say that if he happen to win the presidency.....while not my first choice by far being a lib..... I could easily live with him.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:15 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
What happens if the answer is......."we don't care". Some people have come to the realization that voting for the lesser of two evils......is still voting for evil. Their conscience can't stand Their further promotion and participation in the promulgation of evil. They have reached their limit.

Also in Johnson's case. If he can reach 5% I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) he can get federal funds for his next campaign. So some folks out there are actually trying to further a third party cause.

Then by all means vote the way you feel is best, if the answer is you don't care. I understand not wanting to give a vote to evil. I'm right there with you. I hate that of these two choices, we are screwed, whoever gets into office. It's an awful feeling.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Then by all means vote the way you feel is best, if the answer is you don't care. I understand not wanting to give a vote to evil. I'm right there with you. I hate that of these two choices, we are screwed, whoever gets into office. It's an awful feeling.
To be upfront and honest. I'm not voting for anyone this current cycle (Voted for Bernie in primaries). Nobody really suits me enough to bother with any of them. Will participate in down ballot voting though.

With that said though . I encourage everyone who wants to vote "for" someone to do so. Doesn't matter what candidate or party you're going for...if you're going to vote...vote "for" someone/something.
Now I know I can't stop anyone from doing so. But I would prefer if people would not caught up in the "against" mode of voting. Again one last time. Vote "for" something someone.

Last edited by baystater; 09-28-2016 at 06:42 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 06:52 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Since your vote will help Trump, what are your thoughts about him bombing the hell out of ISIS? You know there have got to be some Americans how are now part of ISIS. Would that be any different (due process)?

And he said he was going to target noncombatants. You all for that as well?

You own it by voting third party.
Your premise is absolutely 100% incorrect. I'm voting for Johnson, there is nothing other than a gun to my head at the voting booth that would convince me to vote for Trump or Clinton. They are both equally distasteful to me. Use all the ISIS examples you want, it doesn't change the fact that my vote isn't helping anyone other than Gary Johnson.

If anything, the vast majority of folks that have supported the D and R parties the last several elections by "voting the lesser of two evils" are the ones that own this entire mess. And I'm not one of those people, sorry. You can play your blame and fear games on someone else dumb enough to buy into it.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:11 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
I'm voting for Johnson.

I listened carefully to Trump during the debate and before. Essentially, almost all his policies are a joke and unworkable. Even when he does say something valid, he lacks the depth to follow it up with a coherent way as to how he plans to fix it. Trump is the candidate for the disaffected and the protest vote but there is no substance there.

Clinton is the career politician. She represents a discredited status quo and the continuing primacy of special interests. Plus, there is more than a whiff of dishonesty and corruption there. During the debate she was busy writing checks to every constituency in America, none of which are affordable and none of which will actually happen.

Both are consummate liars. Trump lies about the past. Clinton lies about the past and the future. Johnson is the only one who can be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections