Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2016, 11:19 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
i'm stumped, why isn't she talking about any of this, all she talks about is trump, never mentions any of her 'positive change'.
What exactly were Hillary's accomplishments as a U.S. Senator?

As reported by Washington Examiner, of the 713 pieces of legislation she sponsored or co-sponsored during her 8-year senate career, only three pieces of legislation that she sponsored became law.

As documented by Congress.gov, these "monumental" laws were:

S.3145 - A bill to designate a portion of United States Route 20A, located in Orchard Park, New York, as the "Timothy J. Russert Highway".

S.3613 - A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2951 New York Highway 43 in Averill Park, New York, as the "Major George Quamo Post Office Building".

S.1241 - Kate Mullany National Historic Site Act.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:20 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
your pension? so you're living off the government now?
Nice try, not that it will win you friends. Private company pension. (feel free to check my posting history)

Old 10-01-2016, 11:21 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
What exactly were Hillary's accomplishments as a U.S. Senator?

As reported by Washington Examiner, of the 713 pieces of legislation she sponsored or co-sponsored during her 8-year senate career, only three pieces of legislation that she sponsored became law.

As documented by Congress.gov, these "monumental" laws were:

S.3145 - A bill to designate a portion of United States Route 20A, located in Orchard Park, New York, as the "Timothy J. Russert Highway".

S.3613 - A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2951 New York Highway 43 in Averill Park, New York, as the "Major George Quamo Post Office Building".

S.1241 - Kate Mullany National Historic Site Act.
Her best accomplishments are staying out of jail and 'earning' hundreds of millions off the backs of the us citizens. the biggest crime bosses in american history are in awe.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Nice try, that it will win you friends. Private company pension.
i'm not trying to win friends, you brought it up, i was just asking.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:23 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So Trump used the tax code to reduce his taxable income as anyone but you would do right?
Trump has taken advantage of loopholes for rich people to get the kinds of deals you could only dream of.

And then you believe him when he says he has your best interests at heart?

Old 10-01-2016, 11:25 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Once again, this thread is about Trump and whether he really is the great and wonderful business man he claims to be or is he merely blowing smoke.

There are plenty of Clinton-bashing threads. Please go find one and post away.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:27 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,186,183 times
Default Don't tell: then don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why should he?
Because he's running for public office, duh! He's asking you, me and every other American voter for our votes; he needs to give us a heck-of-a-lot more imformation about himself, his friends, his family, his taxes, his business dealings, his thinking, his reading list, etc. than he has so far.
If he doesn't want to, he should get out of the public limelight and definitely get out of the asking-for-our-support game. He can't have it both ways and Trumpistas are fools for selling themselves so cheaply.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:27 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
i'm not trying to win friends, you brought it up, i was just asking.
What did I bring up? Your time would better be spent reading this thread's op article. Which obviously you have yet to do. Do you need us to post the link again? Here ya go.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Trump not paying taxes and Trump breaking the law are two different things. If you don't like write offs change the law. Don't put it on Trump. He is not writing the laws.
Yes, I think any smart business person who pays more taxes than is absolutely necessary is foolish and should find a new accountant.

However, I don't think that's the point being made. Trump said in Monday's debate "that makes me smart." Didn't that sound condescending to you?

Also, do you think he'll (a) push to change the tax code so that he has to suddenly pay tax on his income and investments or (b) help the wealthiest Americans get richer? I'm guessing (b)

The really bizarre thing that happened right after the debate is that he denied ever saying that. Actually, that's not so strange, since Trump often says he didn't say what he said even the day after he said it.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Trump has taken advantage of loopholes for rich people to get the kinds of deals you could only dream of.

And then you believe him when he says he has your best interests at heart?
they're not loopholes, there's this thing called the tax law, he was just following it, its something we all do all the time, everyone does it, everyone's accountant is trying to get us the best tax deal we can, all the time, every time, so its a non issue.

as far as him working for YOUR best interests goes, when he was working for himself, he had his own best interests at heart, he wasn't obligated to you when he was a private businessman, so to say that he won't work for you as president because he didnt work for you as a pvt businessman is silly. if he willingly paid more taxes than he owed, he would be a dope and his detractors would say he's a dope, they would criticize him for not being smart about tax and paying money he didnt need to pay.

we know hillary doesn't have your best interests at heart, so with trump, if he even puts you first in ANY way in any area of concern, he wins. 1-0 is a win, you don't have to win 20-0, you only need one more point than the other guy. if he promises 20 more things than hillary and fails on 19 of them and accomplishes one of them, its still 1 more than hillary.

1-0 win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections