Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 03:48 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Dems stating that they would vote for George Bush and applauding Fox News' Meghan Kelley.

This is hysterical.
?????? This thread is about Kelly and Trump. How does Bush come into it? I've never voted for any Bush for anything in my life, and will not start anytime soon.

As for Kelly, I can't say I'm a fan of hers, but what Trump intended to do was belittle her and "put her in her place". I'm glad she's not letting him get to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 03:55 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It wouldnt be because it is their duty to vote for a fellow female? Perhaps women are afraid of that "special place in hell" if they dont vote for hilLIary. M.Kelly is a lightweight.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/08/us...ders.html?_r=0
And a cnn poll? laughable
CNN has an A- rating for quality from Nate Silver. That's pretty good. Just because you're personally biased against CNN doesn't invalidate it. If the CNN poll showed the opposite result, you'd be praising it.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:55 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Donald Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway attempted to knock Hillary Clinton's support with women during a Tuesday night interview with Fox News host Megyn Kelly — but her efforts ended up backfiring big time. "Why, in the new CNN poll, is Hillary at 53 percent among women? She's running as the first female president. There's something holding her back," Conway said.
Kelly wasted no time reminding Conway that Trump was faring far, far worse with women in the polls. "She is beating Donald Trump by some 20 points with women," Kelly said. "I mean, why is Donald Trump at 32 percent?"
Megyn Kelly expertly shut down Trump's campaign manager's claims about women voters

I bet Kellyanne is glad she took that job. I am surprised she is still there and he hasn't fired her yet.

Kellyanne Conway made her point and Megyn Kelly just got louder trying to make hers. Crooked Hillary at 53 % is nothing to brag about. There's something holding her back. No question about that.
Yeah Trump is worse. Crooked Hillary is worse among men. They always focus on women because there are more of them by a few %. Big deal. Kelly is still butt hurt from what Trump did at the first debate and still wants to help bash him when she can.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:17 PM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Default As I was just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Yeah Trump is worse. Crooked Hillary is worse among men. They always focus on women because there are more of them by a few %. Big deal. Kelly is still butt hurt from what Trump did at the first debate and still wants to help bash him when she can.
Yah, charming turn of phrase. The main thing about Trump's campaign - he wants/needs to be targeted by the MSM - that's his validation in the eyes of his base supporters - that the unions, mainline church hierarchies, the college educated, Blacks, women, Hispanics, journalists, writers, Hollywood & on & on elites are agin him. & if they're all agin him, then he must be for the common man. I presume that's why he goes out of his way lob rhetoric bombs all over the place, targeting all of these groups - & then when he gets called on it, he backs off & says he was Just joking, or Being sarcastic, or what-have-you. I don't think it's gonna wash - I doubt that people will actually forget what he said in all the previous iterations - especially since his delivery doesn't change a whit from bombast to bombast. It's all the same tone.

Never mind that he probably knows his way around a nine-course formal dinner, & which silverware goes with what, & which wine goes with which entrée, & which tool to use to spread the caviar - he's still just aw shucks one o' the guys.

It's a good façade, & he's mostly got it down. Except when he start freestyling his musings - which contradict each other @ every turn. & of course, there's all that inconvenient videotape & film & reporting - people actually recording or reporting on what he said years ago, last month, a few minutes ago. The old Memory Hole just isn't big enough - it's a throughput problem - for the World to conveniently forget everything that Trump has said previously. The World's attention span is much longer than 15 minutes of fame ...

Old 10-05-2016, 04:18 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Kellyanne Conway made her point and Megyn Kelly just got louder trying to make hers. Crooked Hillary at 53 % is nothing to brag about. There's something holding her back. No question about that.
Actually it is a big deal. Trump is not doing as well as he could be.

Quote:
Perhaps, it would be better news for Trump if he were at least trending in the right direction with white voters. But he’s moved backward compared with polls back in May and early June. Back then, Trump led Clinton by 17 percentage points, on average, among white voters. In other words, the longer white voters have had a chance to listen to Trump’s message, the more they have been put off by it as a group.

To be more specific, Trump is trading one type of white voter for another. Even as he piles up support among white men without a college degree, he’s on track for a record poor performance for a Republican among white voters with a degree. And right now, that tradeoff is a net negative for Trump, compared with Romney. If a ton of new white voters without a degree flooded into the electorate, that could change the math for Trump. But such a surge doesn’t look like it’s in the offing.

Trump

Old 10-05-2016, 04:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Depends on your viewpoint I guess. I don't see Kelly as humiliated, I see her as having good reason to be mightily pissed off. And I saw Trump as looking like an ass.
Me also.

I've quasi-liked Kelly since "Republican Math'. I just wish she would leave Fox.

I betcha Donnie had a big'ole crush on her and you know how obsessed he gets when bested by a WOMAN.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:27 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Me also.

I've quasi-liked Kelly since "Republican Math'. I just wish she would leave Fox.

I betcha Donnie had a big'ole crush on her and you know how obsessed he gets when bested by a WOMAN.
My guess is she's auditioning for a wider audience than Faux News.

Good for her.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:46 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Me also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
My guess is she's auditioning for a wider audience than Faux News.

Good for her.
I agree about MK. I really like her.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:53 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
?????? This thread is about Kelly and Trump. How does Bush come into it? I've never voted for any Bush for anything in my life, and will not start anytime soon.

As for Kelly, I can't say I'm a fan of hers, but what Trump intended to do was belittle her and "put her in her place". I'm glad she's not letting him get to her.
I like watching Meygn Kelly because she is equally tough. What amazes me about trump bots is they act like it was okay for trump to do to Kelly what he did with that assinine comment he made. I wonder if they go around saying the same thing about their own daughters, mothers, and sisters?

Old 10-05-2016, 04:56 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
I live in a very Republican area of Florida. All I ever see are Hillary ads on TV, especially geared toward women. Dissatisfied with Trump Republican women? Her ad show clips of her over many years talking about children, working women, etc. "I approve this message and have over many, many years". Donald Trump is not mentioned at all.

BTW, I just received my Florida Vote-by-Mail ballot today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections