Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Hillary Clinton was right to Purchase AD time ?
Yes, she needs to get as much exposure as she can get to win Florid! Who Cares about the Hurricane!? 7 17.95%
No, This is a total low Move ... She can care less about the Hurricane and the people affected... 32 82.05%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 08:25 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times

Advertisements

What kind of disgusting "human" strategically buys political ads to run on the Weather Channel as people try to prepare for a potentially catastrophic hurricane? Is that really a good time to pedal divisive political rhetoric?? Jeez Hillary, I hope you realize that about half of Florida supports Trump and the last thing they need to see is one of your attack ads while worrying about their homes, family, and fellow Floridians. Don't they have enough on their plate?

Quote:
The Hillary Clinton campaign has delayed a planned Florida ad buy on the Weather Channel after facing criticism for targeting voters in the path of Hurricane Matthew.

“We have requested that stations in Florida delay any of those ads on the Weather Channel until after the storm passes,” spokesman Jesse Ferguson said in a statement Thursday.

Politico first reported that the Clinton campaign had planned to spend $63,000 on Weather Channel ads in Florida over a five-day stretch starting Thursday, just as the storm nears the coast.
Clinton camp delays Weather Channel ad buy after backlash | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 08:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
How is her running ads on that station any different from the car companies, pest control companies, and all kinds of other companies that are running ads on that station right now ? Radio and TV stations have ONE product to sell to make money and that is air time. It is what pays their bills. Why people got upset over Hillary running an ad and they are not mad at McDonalds for doing the same thing , I have no idea.

Oh, wait, I do have an idea, it was Republicans who were the complainers.

Don

Old 10-06-2016, 08:31 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Idiots. You can just see elitist detached pricks sitting around all safe/comfy talking about "you know everyone is worried about the storm so hitting up the weather channel is a perfect advertising opportunity".

Why not get their minds off selfish political interest and have an idea to put those millions toward storm relief. I'm sure they'll need it.
Im pretty sure whoever's idea it was ... Hillary and Bill are sending a hit squad to take them out and make it look like an accident...

Old 10-06-2016, 08:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Anything to get a vote.. that is Hillary

Old 10-06-2016, 08:34 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Yes, I am positive that FL was lost due to this. No doubt.

Mick

Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Taking advantage of the available exposure seems like a shrewd business move, I've got no real gripe with that. I thought that was sort of Trump's mantra.
She's done way worse that I can worry about.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:40 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Default Hurricane Billary !!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Quote:
What kind of disgusting "human" strategically buys political ads to run on the Weather Channel as people try to prepare for a potentially catastrophic hurricane? Is that really a good time to pedal divisive political rhetoric?? Jeez Hillary, I hope you realize that about half of Florida supports Trump and the last thing they need to see is one of your attack ads while worrying about their homes, family, and fellow Floridians. Don't they have enough on their plate?

Clinton camp delays Weather Channel ad buy after backlash | Fox News
Without doubt ... it truly appears that yet another example of Billary's numerous ludicrous boondoggles have occurred !!! ... Its damn concerning when a Presidential candidate is continuing to engage in such amateurish and blatantly inept actions !!!! ..... No one earth with even a borderline intelligence could possibly consider voting for such a dismal example of the political circus !!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH ! ... Old SGT. LAMAR says so !

Old 10-06-2016, 08:40 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How is her running ads on that station any different from the car companies, pest control companies, and all kinds of other companies that are running ads on that station right now ? Radio and TV stations have ONE product to sell to make money and that is air time. It is what pays their bills. Why people got upset over Hillary running an ad and they are not mad at McDonalds for doing the same thing , I have no idea.

Oh, wait, I do have an idea, it was Republicans who were the complainers.

Don
Let's see Don...ads from car companies, pest control companies and McDonalds are meaningless filler to most people. However, most Americans take the direction of the country VERY seriously...ESPECIALLY a month away from Election Day. Why bombard them with divisive political rhetoric while their entire life essentially hangs in the balance? It's disgusting. When sh*t hits the fan, everybody helps everybody, but in this case, Hillary only wants to help herself.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Let's see Don...ads from car companies, pest control companies and McDonalds are meaningless filler to most people. However, most Americans take the direction of the country VERY seriously...ESPECIALLY a month away from Election Day. Why bombard them with divisive political rhetoric while their entire life essentially hangs in the balance? It's disgusting. When sh*t hits the fan, everybody helps everybody, but in this case, Hillary only wants to help herself.
Um - she's not.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:48 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Yawn,, in Orlando there's all Lots of commercials with the news. No biggie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections