Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:45 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I have newfound respect for Paul Ryan. Finally, someone with a conscience and spine!

If he runs in 2020, I might even vote for him.
Thats outrageous. Ryan wants to hand over Social Security to Wall Street, eliminate all campaign donation restrictions (no limits on bribe money) and privatize Medicare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 09:48 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats outrageous. Ryan wants to hand over Social Security to Wall Street, eliminate all campaign donation restrictions (no limits on bribe money) and privatize Medicare.
You're right. He lobbies for all those things but I'm reminded of the tried and true observation. "In the land of the Blind, the one eyed man is king." For the Republicans, he's that one eyed man.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:48 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Anyone who doesn't support Trump is a traitor to America, because this election is about more than Trump.

Hillary is the personification of evil. She is in bed with our enemies (the Muslim Brotherhood) and takes their money.

At least Trump loves this country, and knows what our problems are. That's why I'm standing with Trump.

Silly "locker room braggadocio" dose not affect my Liberty. Hillary Clinton's policies will. It's that simple.
Trump's bragging about sexual assault does affect women around the country though. For a leader to brag about doing anything he wants to a woman because he is rich and famous is appalling.

The reality is also sinking in that Trump is a sociopath and a sociopath with nukes is something that will affect the liberty of all peoples. We cant risk a nuclear holocaust because of Trumps anger issues.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:53 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Paul Ryan is no better than crooked Hillary putting their own interest ahead of the country.

A leader in the GOP that won't support the nominee of their party has no business being a leader. What is the point in having a political party ?

I will be voting for Trump.
I will not be voting for anyone else in the republican party.
They wanted to fracture the party. I will cooperate with them just not in the way they wanted.
Summed up perfectly. I haven't voted for a mainstream Republican/Democrat in the last three presidential election cycles. Going forward, I'll never vote for one again.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:54 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Paul Ryan finally showed some guts. It's a start.

If he wants to be remembered in history as someone who stood up to the fascist Trump, he should actively campaign against him, and make it clear that Trump is no Republican.

Any Republican who votes for Trump is a traitor to the party's principles.
Here's a question, what are the main 1 or 2 reasons they (Ryan, Graham, Romney, etc) don't want Trump to win, in your opinion.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:09 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So, should we investigate Ryans behavior from 11 years ago? How about when he was in college? How was his behavior and attitude before he ran for Speaker huh?
If PR is different and grew up - good for him! Trump on the other hand, is the same as he was 11 years ago or will be in the future. Its not a slip of the tongue (that wouldn't be a problem) but his entire attitude. That is Donald.
In any case, I don't think Trump can honestly be defended in the public opinion. Its beyond anything we knew . I just heard Christie (a close ally) trying to do that, but he couldn't find the right words.
And truth to be said, every politician will face elections sometime in the future. They wont be able to answer question about defending Donald Trump.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:12 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Trump's bragging about sexual assault does affect women around the country though. For a leader to brag about doing anything he wants to a woman because he is rich and famous is appalling.

The reality is also sinking in that Trump is a sociopath and a sociopath with nukes is something that will affect the liberty of all peoples. We cant risk a nuclear holocaust because of Trumps anger issues.
you should be appalled at the chopping off of heads, drowning in steel cages, the terror and blood in our streets and on the hands of our sitting president, but no, you're fine with all that is happening, i guess as long as its not your immediate family, what difference does it make, right?

Trump wasn't the one who was insulting Russia and blaming them for hacks and he wasn't the one who threatened to drone a civilian because that civilian was exposing corruption so think twice about who you ought to worry about near the button.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:58 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Here's a question, what are the main 1 or 2 reasons they (Ryan, Graham, Romney, etc) don't want Trump to win, in your opinion.
Not sure the evidence supports the assumption you're basing that question on. I suspect they very much want him to win.

In all likelihood, Ryan, Graham and Romney would have grit their teeth, but still poured money and support into getting Trump elected - as long as they believed having him on the ticket is a net positive. This is politics, the art of the possible, and makes for strange bedfellows. They didn't want him heading up the ticket, but if saddled with him, it's clearly in their interest to see him win.

However - with Trump being as erratic as he is, he's now extremely unlikely to win. Worse, his bad numbers are beginning to affect downticket votes. Even worse, he's openly defying party unity - to the point where his followers may make it a point to not vote GOP on any other races, just to punish the party for slights against Trump.

He's not an asset. Cutting him loose is the lower-damage option.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:00 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
If PR is different and grew up - good for him! Trump on the other hand, is the same as he was 11 years ago or will be in the future. Its not a slip of the tongue (that wouldn't be a problem) but his entire attitude. That is Donald.
In any case, I don't think Trump can honestly be defended in the public opinion. Its beyond anything we knew . I just heard Christie (a close ally) trying to do that, but he couldn't find the right words.
And truth to be said, every politician will face elections sometime in the future. They wont be able to answer question about defending Donald Trump.
So, your more concerned about Trumps potty mouth being a 100% barrier from being a good President? Nw way in the universe he can negotiate favorable trade deals for America because he objectified women in a private conversation 11 years ago? No possible way he can cool diplomatic relation with Russia after Hillary accused them of crimes with no proof. Really? Because of Trumps locker room talk, he is in no way capable of leading us?

Hillary directly insults American citizens. I dont recall a single reporter in the MSM asking other democrats if they still support her because of it. Oh, they did ask Bernie his thoughts after she insulted HIS supporters...

Last edited by ELOrocks17; 10-11-2016 at 11:12 PM..

Old 10-12-2016, 04:36 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So, your more concerned about Trumps potty mouth being a 100% barrier from being a good President? Nw way in the universe he can negotiate favorable trade deals for America because he objectified women in a private conversation 11 years ago? No possible way he can cool diplomatic relation with Russia after Hillary accused them of crimes with no proof. Really? Because of Trumps locker room talk, he is in no way capable of leading us?

Hillary directly insults American citizens. I dont recall a single reporter in the MSM asking other democrats if they still support her because of it. Oh, they did ask Bernie his thoughts after she insulted HIS supporters...
Again, its not his potty mouth (I heard that many presidents used bad language while in the white house, Bill Clinton and Obama included). With Trump however, its a different story: this is the man and his real personality. Donald CANNOT be POTUS. He can be an excellent real estate developer, salesman, etc. If I had a resort and needed someone to market it - Donald Trump is among the best. But for a president - a different set of skills and qualifications are needed. Quick talk-backs and one liners aren't among them. Being quarrelsome - is not a plus. Constantly arguing with opponents and the media, is not what a president does. A total lack of understanding of how US government and our democracy function is not an advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections