Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 09:49 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times

Advertisements

It is over already

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo

Old 10-15-2016, 09:49 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I still think he can win it.

If he wins it will change the republican party for the better and it will be a viable party in future elections.

But lets say he doesn't win.
What happens to the movement to make America first.
It has a chance to be a powerful force in future elections. That could happen win or lose really. If it developed into a third party with over 25 % of the population supporting it. That would change the power structure of elections in the future.
As a voting block no democrat or republican party could win without the support of the Make America first party.
not exactly.

It depends on how that 25% is distributed around the country because of the electoral college.

Such a party has the chance to have a huge effect on congress, less so on the senate and governorships depending on the location, and even less on the Presidency.

Demographically, the Democrats will have better and better odds going forward no matter what happens because they will remain the party most likely to get over 270 electoral votes no matter what the hypothetical other 2 parties do.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And then how do you explain Hillary's pay for play deals and the laundering of money through the Clinton Foundation? This is a politician for the American people - much of the money were taxes pd by you and I that she used in these transactions - should she not be held more accountable than a businessman? She is at least as guilty and you fail to address that.
There is absolutely NO proof of pay to play; just another one of Trump's talking points. Same with money laundering. This is a charity with a very good rating. UNLIKE Trump's foundation - used only to help himself instead of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
I believe I can flyyy
I believe I can touch the skyyy
I think about it every night and daaayyy
Spread my wings and fly awaaayyy...
Love that song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I don't know if he can win now or not. He's surrounded on all sides by enemies including his own party. Having said that, he's become his own worst enemy, is ignoring the advice of his own team to stay out of the women issue, talk about the issues that affect Americans, and let THEM deal with the spin. He had this election in the bag, and he is squandering both opportunities to move forward and (most importantly) the precious few days of the election that remain.

The rally numbers don't mean crap. He's speaking to his base that are already in his camp. He has not expanded his base and in many cases has actually lost many of his new supporters. It's still possible to win. It'll have to play out the way it plays out over the next few weeks and we'll see. But pie-in-the-sky predictions about looking at rally numbers and referencing Brexit are not clear indications of where he's at.
I could not agree with this more. This is an election where people want change. The polls were close until Trump went off the rails. I guarantee you that Kelly Ann was begging him NOT go to this route; I don't agree with her politics but I know she ain't no dummy. Steve Bannon, I believe, is driving this current train. He's of the 'scorched earth' background..

Stick with the issues! Trade policies, immigration, taxes, etc. THOSE are what got him this far. Not calling women ugly.

I feel like it's too late for Trump but we'll see what happens. They say a week is a lifetime in politics.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:53 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The rally numbers don't mean crap. He's speaking to his base that are already in his camp. He has not expanded his base and in many cases has actually lost many of his new supporters.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Amazing that people are counting him out. Let's remember that the Brexit was a complete surprise because the pollsters underestimated the turnout of Middle England. Well, since Paul Ryan and the entire Republican party abandoned Trump, he's back to giving 2-3 speeches per day in Middle America. There are 20,000+ showing up to his rallies in places like Ambridge, PA and Dayton, OH. There were record numbers of new Republican registrants in that area when Trump got traction in the race this year. Who cares if he loses a few traditionally R states like Utah? Call me crazy, but I can see a situation where he sweeps Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Nevada and Colorado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SmZC4IFAIM

Hillary Clinton is leading Trump by very good margins even in red states. Trump has lost a LOT of ground and there is no way that he will have time to regain that ground PLUS bring in new voters.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:34 AM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Amazing that people are counting him out. Let's remember that the Brexit was a complete surprise because the pollsters underestimated the turnout of Middle England. Well, since Paul Ryan and the entire Republican party abandoned Trump, he's back to giving 2-3 speeches per day in Middle America. There are 20,000+ showing up to his rallies in places like Ambridge, PA and Dayton, OH. There were record numbers of new Republican registrants in that area when Trump got traction in the race this year. Who cares if he loses a few traditionally R states like Utah? Call me crazy, but I can see a situation where he sweeps Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Nevada and Colorado.
He will win in a landslide..

Old 10-15-2016, 10:41 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
This is not a bookmark.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:42 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I could not agree with this more. This is an election where people want change. The polls were close until Trump went off the rails. I guarantee you that Kelly Ann was begging him NOT go to this route; I don't agree with her politics but I know she ain't no dummy. Steve Bannon, I believe, is driving this current train. He's of the 'scorched earth' background..

Stick with the issues! Trade policies, immigration, taxes, etc. THOSE are what got him this far. Not calling women ugly.

I feel like it's too late for Trump but we'll see what happens. They say a week is a lifetime in politics.
I agree. His ranting and persecution theories are playing well to his base, but are not increasing it. By continuing to talk about it, he just keeps reminding people that yes, they actually heard him say that he could grab women by the *****. How can they forget he said it when he keeps reminding them? Most people NEVER wanted to hear him say that.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:45 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Quote:

It is possible. The media over played their hand in the United Kingdom. Media was constantly saying that voting to leave the union made you intolerant or racist.

The betting markets gave leave only a 1 in 6 chance of happening the day before the vote.

The experts said that people under 35 didn't show up to vote, that's why the polls were so off.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:45 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Remember "Dewey Wins!"? But, Truman won. Trump = Truman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections