Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 02:18 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times

Advertisements

You guys won fair and square. The country is now in the hands of a lunatic but it is what it is.

Now, I have a good idea where the country is headed with the new chief in charge; but I'll save that for a later time.

In the meantime, the world just got a lot more interesting... and volatile. Definitely not what the world needs at this moment in time, but oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 02:21 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Credit to you for showing up after your long, long history of laughably wrong analysis.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:21 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Congratulations to President Elect Trump

For the sake of America I hope that he takes this new role very seriously and stops all of the silly name calling. He has a long way to go to build trust with those who did not vote for him.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:22 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Still wish it was Kasich.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:22 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

For the sake of America I hope that he takes this new role very seriously and stops all of the silly name calling. He has a long way to go to build trust with those who did not vote for him.
Credit to you as well for showing your face after being so wrong so often.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

That doesn't matter. It's always about policy. Sooner or later I hope you understand that. If you don't you'll always be lost.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:24 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Still wish it was Kasich.
Kasich is done. Broke his promise to support Trump. It will backfire on him.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:29 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
As I wrote in a previous thread:

I thank God and the American people for this great victory. They said it could never happen. That--in a typical, race hustling/divisiveness ways--Trump could never win because he had little support among women, blacks, Latinos, etc.

But, you know what (I'm not not intending to gloat as this is a serious matter), WE did it! We saved our Republic. We elected a conservative government that will get to shape the Supreme Court (get ready to implement the nuclear option) for a generation or more, restoring the rule of law and order to the federal judiciary.

For analytics:

-While I thought that President-elect (I take joy in writing that, especially as I know it makes leftists go crazy) Trump's victory was more than possible and I predicted it (see my earlier posts), I didn't think that this movement would go as far as it did.

For all the talk about President-elect Trump's previous statements, I'd like to remind leftists that WE the People rejected a woman who:

1) believes she is above the law/showed reckless disregard for the law;
2) is incompetent (didn't know that "c" on a briefing document referred to a classification of "confidential," but claims she thought it was a lettering scheme . . . guess she didn't check for "a" or "b");
3) is racist (the "super predator" comment against blacks/Latinos; the reference that Trump should get "off the reservation," which is racist against Native Americans and implies that those who are on the reservation/in their homes are "uncivilized"; refererence to knowing a Mahatma Ghandi who owned a gas station in Indiana; laughing/not condemning Bill de Blasio's "Colored People Time" joke);
4) is sexist (at least by Dems's definition) as she paid her Senate women staff far less than she paid her male staff;
5) is a rape apologist/rape sympathizer in that she supported the strategy to go after and continues to try to discredit her husband's rape victims (despite otherwise claiming that all "sexual assault victims should be believed");
6) is a general hateful person who attacked tens of MILLIONS OF AMERICANS by saying that they are "irredeemable" and "deplorable" just for having different political beliefs than her;
7) a liar from everything from the emails to coming under fire in Bosnia, etc.

Leftists, you've tried it your way for the last 8 years. It is time for some real change to take hold of this land!

Old 11-09-2016, 02:34 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You guys won fair and square. The country is now in the hands of a lunatic but it is what it is.

Now, I have a good idea where the country is headed with the new chief in charge; but I'll save that for a later time.

In the meantime, the world just got a lot more interesting... and volatile. Definitely not what the world needs at this moment in time, but oh well.
I wasn't fair and it wasn't square but thanks. We did win against all the odds, power, money. That is a sweet victory.
We think you won too unless your packing your bags. His acceptance speech was very presidential don't you think ?

Old 11-09-2016, 02:39 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Trumpetes came and voted, Broward county lost it in Fl - I think the hatred of congress and Obama brought el trump, but we now step back in time, as the republicans won it all. Congrats. I think we lost -not gained as a country tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections