Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Clinton 173 56.54%
Trump 111 36.27%
Draw 22 7.19%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 10:20 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Trump had a great night, coupled with veritas and Wikileaks the wind is back in his sails. What a crazy election
Other than it being crazy...No.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Classic feministic rhetorical. Trump was not talking about early abortion...but partial birth abortion...that does take place. It is when a fully developed child is done away with while still in the womb. The way the law works and Clinton knows this. The child is not a person until it has left the mother's body.

In other words Clinton did not denounce the practice of killing a fully formed child while in the womb.

Trump was not talking about as you mention...a father having sex with his own daughter and impregnating her. These cases are one out of 100 million...this type of situation is not an issue...it is classic extreme feminist eccentricity.

Clinton does not seem to have respect for human life, whether it be a fully formed adult or an unborn child. She is callous and power crazed..You would think she had tasted enough power...She was first lady...and secretary of state...Why does she want more than that at her age?
43 states have imposed gestation limits. Most abortions occur at 12 weeks or less.

https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...-abortion-laws

I have no idea why two 70 year olds would seek to be POTUS.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:23 PM

18,044 posts, read 27,497,200 times
I think Trump did fine in this debate.

I don't expect anyone to say he won, even if he had won. He certainly lost nothing. He took no bait and he didn't lose his composure.

I thought it was fairly well moderated.

Part of this "rigging" that we know to be going on isn't so much the polling of the actual election, but the steering of the coverage done by the media before and during the whole process.

For this reason, I'm not surprised that folks would say Trump's answer of conceding to Clinton if he loses (peaceful transformation of power) as being what kills it for him. I'm not surprised that the Main Stream Media and Hillary supporters would see this as the knockout blow. Y'all have been looking for this all along and it ain't enough.

Our system of Democracy has brought us to this moment right here, with these two wonderfully qualified, revered and loved candidates.

Do you want the country to go on as it has?

If so, check this box; HRC.

If not, check this box; DJT.

It's just that simple. I think Trump will win. Oh, but if you want to hear the media declare HRC the next President, just tune in for the next 19 days.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:24 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I am not sure what is exactly healthy about accepting carte blanche things like were 'accepted' when Obama was elected where in some places more than 100 percent of the registered voters in some places apparently voted - and nary a single vote was for anyone other than Obama. It defies logic how that could happen without corruption of some kind.
Do you know what I think is unhealthy? Posting that nonsense about more than 100% of registered voters voting for Obama, did you even fact check it?

Philly rigged the 2012 presidential election. Experts: Still no

The much-cited blog post referring to "108 percent of registered voters" is muddled and misleading.

Is it true that there were more votes than voters in Wood County, Ohio, and St. Lucie County, Fla., and that Obama lost every state with photo ID laws

No, Obama Didn’t Win 108 Percent of the Vote in an Ohio County

Old 10-19-2016, 10:25 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,800,664 times
Again, not a Trump supporter... but, the poll (so far) shows this place is far more liberal than the liberals in here would care to believe.

Trump won the debate. HRC lied most of the time about her past being debunked, the CF spending 90% on the charities (HOLY sht! that was a huge lie) and now mainscream media are patting themselves on the back for playing the misinformed so well.

SIGH

You'll all get what you deserve, and then deny and deflect just as you did Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
43 states have imposed gestation limits. Most abortions occur at 12 weeks or less.
Actually, isn't that exactly what Trump wishes? He wants states to determine the limits, right?

I'm sick of states rights being usurped by a federal government! It goes against the entire premise of a Federal Democracy!!!

Old 10-19-2016, 10:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,885,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Trump did what Obama did in 2012, lost first debate won the last two.
Well, Trump definitely won the soundbite award. This is what will lead every news show morning, afternoon and night, and what will be the headline of every major newspaper tomorrow:

"I will look at it at the time. I’ll keep you in suspense.”

Yes, he will be getting plenty of attention for that remark, and none of it will be favorable.

11,181 posts, read 10,545,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Trump should have questioned her more on Saudi Arabia
Or not.

Quote:
The United States gives very little monetary military aid to those countries — about $10,000 to Saudi Arabia in fiscal year 2014. And Saudi Arabia purchased more than $2 billion of military equipment and construction services that year.
U.S. Foreign Military Support

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yep, dh & I turned to each other at just about that moment and said "Alec Baldwin".
lol same here

Old 10-19-2016, 10:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
So when Al Gore conceded then un-conceded and dragged this country through hell, you were okay with that? Trump took a reasoned, business like approach to the answer and you folks just can't take it.
Gore won the popular vote. Who would throw in the towel after winning the popular vote.

It was so close it triggered a legally mandated recount. Then the courts got involved.

He conceded 6 days before the Electorial college voted and did so graciously.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:29 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The polls are in. CNN says 52%-39% in favor of Hillary for the final debate. A clean sweep. Goodnight.

No worries, I am sure the Drudge Report will crown Trump as the winner by a margin of 100-0%.

Mick
The same result as the poll at the top of the thread (at the time of this post, of course). I'd wager that the poll percentages are going to be close to the national vote breakdown as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections