Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 05:49 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,074,957 times

Advertisements

Indeed. Mr Gore's dogged legal pursuit of the presidency would have had zero credibility. Trump is not good at revealing his complete reasoning, but strategically he is spot on. Maybe his lack of specificity is intentional, or not.

Speaking generally, lack of details does play into American's insecurity and need for certainty. Particularly as is exhibited in the 'gotta know now, have it now' mobile device app world. Funny, use to be we had to wait for morning newspaper, or six o'clock news to become anxious, hysterical or deleriously happy. No longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Gore 2000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 05:52 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,074,957 times
Spoken like a paid shill. Party line, first last and always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
No. With the context of Trump saying both the media and the polling places are rigged, it was a reasonable and fair question. If Trump had said that if the election is close and one state might be worthy of a recount, then I will delay my concession, that would have been acceptable. But no he flatly left ALL of the results in question.

Questioning the integrity of our polling places and the election results as a whole in un-American, unpatriotic, and is very damaging to American democracy.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Gore also said he would not accept the results.
Neither did many, many Democrats. Remember the "Selected not elected" meme?

Old 10-20-2016, 06:01 AM

28,966 posts, read 30,320,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
He refused to say he would accept the election result--he qualified it by saying he would wait and see...

Senators Graham and Flake already came out against it--no surprise there...

Don Jr says "if there is voter fraud of course he wouldn't accept it"...
So here we go with the lawsuits...

And Kellyanne's hair looks really bad since last debate...stress does that...
anyone remember Florida during the last two elections? How they didn't seem to be able to take a correct count? I don't trust Jebb Bush further then I can throw him.

I know for a fact, in Philly, there wasn't one, not one republican vote, in several districts....and I know that b/c my sister, has worked elections.

I don't blame Trump for feeling the way he feels...I've seen this with my own eyes, and so have most of you, you just don't remember, or fail to pay attention to the news.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:01 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Does Trump's comment re accepting the vote result discredit him?

The headlines are brutal to Trump:

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Threatening to upend a fundamental pillar of American democracy, Donald Trump refused to say Wednesday night that he will accept the results of next month's election if he loses to Hillary Clinton.

Fox News: Lawmakers slam Trump for saying he won't commit to election results

Trump's threat to not accept the results is not just discrediting, it's disqualifying.
So what? Trump is a private citizen. He has no power to stop the results. If this were Obama, it would be different because HE is in the office and has the power to obstruct the results or delay the transfer of power.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:03 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,942,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
He refused to say he would accept the election result--he qualified it by saying he would wait and see...

Senators Graham and Flake already came out against it--no surprise there...

Don Jr says "if there is voter fraud of course he wouldn't accept it"...
So here we go with the lawsuits...

And Kellyanne's hair looks really bad since last debate...stress does that...
All sorts of things in the three debates that discredit him, but that is one of the most obvious. He's setting the stage to "burn down the house" when he loses. By making these statements, he is damaging the public trust in the election process which by any measurement or standard, is one of the most secure and accurate voting systems in history. Totally irresponsible, and it is right in line with the Trump approach in life; if someone ever crosses you - destroy them. If something doesn't go your way, not only do you never admit defeat, you take the nuclear option and blast it to kingdom come. He could not care LESS about America or the damage such a strategy would cause, because he has his billions that will protect him for the rest of his selfish coddled existence.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:05 AM

25,983 posts, read 22,181,380 times
Not at all. For one thing, that should not have been asked in the first place. I have seen the results of elections questioned many times.

To me, I would be very suspicious if someone was asking me if I would challenge the results if I lost. It seems to say "Can we safely assume that you won't be a problem if we cheat". With all of the election fraud that has been found in recent past elections, especially this year in the Democratic primaries, there is every reason in the world to question it. We should always question what we feel is not right.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:06 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
All sorts of things in the three debates that discredit him, but that is one of the most obvious. He's setting the stage to "burn down the house" when he loses. By making these statements, he is damaging the public trust in the election process which by any measurement or standard, is one of the most secure and accurate voting systems in history. Totally irresponsible, and it is right in line with the Trump approach in life; if someone defeats you and crosses you - destroy them. If something doesn't go your way, not only do you never admit defeat, you take the nuclear option and blast it to kingdom come. He could care LESS about America or the damage such a strategy would cause, because he has his billions that will protect him for the rest of his selfish coddled existence.

Trump is a fighter. I like that he is on OUR SIDE. That is how he is a billionaire. He did not accept a few short-term failures and continued to take risks and be successful.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:06 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,477,544 times
Does Trump's comment re accepting the vote result discredit him?

Not at all, it just confirms what so many already knew, that he's a spoiled little brat prepared to throw a temper tantrum anytime he doesn't get his way.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:09 AM

1,504 posts, read 853,213 times
No- Trump was put in a position through extreme liberal bias to publicly state that he has lost the election before the election. That was the sub-text of what was happening when asked to accept Clinton as President and support her through what is termed a peaceful transition...Why would he give in and give up before the ballots were counted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections