Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 04:38 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I am not aware

I could go back to the Clinton years or even the Carter years to find fault, but I am wondering when partisan Democrats are going to let go of "everything is Bush's fault".
Whether it be the economy, hurricanes you name it, that was (and for some still is) their mantra.
I have my complaints about Bush as well, but we are not suppose to be talking about him (or Elliot Spitzer of all people) are we.

No, the threads theme is to discuss how Hillary is in bed with Wall Street just as everyone suspected and Bernie was saying.
But you want to deflect and divert attention away from that, and go off on any other subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 04:45 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Goldman CEO Blankfein

Is anyone else surprised that Goldman Sachs' CEO is backing Hillary? I think Hillary will fight hard for the big banks and won't release the transcripts from her three Goldman Sachs speeches that netted her $675,000.00.

Hillary must be a really dynamic speaker. Her speeches averaged under 20 minutes supposedly and yet netted her an average of $225,000 per speech!
Meh. For a CEO, $225K is like an umbrella holder.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:49 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
This is a real problem fir Hillary with the Bernie supporters.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:09 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama's policies mirrored Bush's. The economy did well for one segment. Wall Street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I could go back to the Clinton years or even the Carter years to find fault, but I am wondering when partisan Democrats are going to let go of "everything is Bush's fault".
Whether it be the economy, hurricanes you name it, that was (and for some still is) their mantra.
I have my complaints about Bush as well, but we are not suppose to be talking about him (or Elliot Spitzer of all people) are we.
Yes, you could go back to the Clinton/Carter and nitpick but there's very little left of that time that is of relevance today. The Great Recession that happened under Bush is still of great relevance today because a lot of things from our interest rate to housing policies to home buyers sentiment are affected by what happened under Bush. Do you not get that?

And when the current GOP nominee intends to revisit the very similar policies as Bush, that makes it even more relevant! Think the only reason you are trying to avoid it is because you are unable to defend it.

The only person who said everything is Bush's fault is you. All I am saying is that Bush's policies lend to the recession, which is fact. Something you have a real problem with.

Quote:
No, the threads theme is to discuss how Hillary is in bed with Wall Street just as everyone suspected and Bernie was saying.
But you want to deflect and divert attention away from that, and go off on any other subject.
Right, so who was the one who turned this into a "blame everything on Bush" debate when no one but you said it?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:25 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Right, you don't know what you are talking about.
And likewise, I don't think you know what you're talking about for most topics I've seen you comment on in this forum. All well.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Yes, you could go back to the Clinton/Carter and nitpick but there's very little left of that time that is of relevance today. The Great Recession that happened under Bush is still of great relevance today because a lot of things from our interest rate to housing policies to home buyers sentiment are affected by what happened under Bush. Do you not get that?
Things like housing and interest rates were pushed because of people like Geithner and Bernanke. We did NOT have to continue to make money free the last eight years. We did not have to create a bogus law that was suppose to help homeowners but instead went into the banks pockets.

Obama continued the exact same failed policies that Bush did. There is no better example of that than Bernanke.

Quote:
And when the current GOP nominee intends to revisit the very similar policies as Bush, that makes it even more relevant! Think the only reason you are trying to avoid it is because you are unable to defend it.
I can't defend Trump which is why I am not going to vote for him. If I had to, I could do a lot better defending Trump than Hillary though.

Quote:
The only person who said everything is Bush's fault is you. All I am saying is that Bush's policies lend to the recession, which is fact. Something you have a real problem with.
The recession started long before that. Bank "reform" under Clinton had a lot to do with it also. The Tech Bubble that we simply didn't allow to pop had a lot to do with it.

Refusing the hold those who broke our laws personally accountable has a lot to do with it.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:03 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Exactly!!

Hillary was NOT working for anyone but herself when she gave the speeches, that makes her private.

Do you get it now?

The list was made in 2012 when Hillary had not yet been giving speeches.

Well, you just made yourself look pretty stupid.....it's O.K. for hillary, but NOT for trump?

LOLOLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Z

No crap folks, you cannot make this up......

Old 10-23-2016, 06:04 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Silly argument - neither did Hillary.

Next.
There are emails that prove you wrong....

Next....

Old 10-23-2016, 07:16 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Bernis had it right!

Yet anther Play to pay and again HRC speaks on both side of her mouth! In combinations with the other corruption schemes this is in line with her power hungry move.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:04 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Yes, more public, and private positions for Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections