Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:00 AM

684 posts, read 514,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
GULP! Donald Trump’s chances of winning are approaching zero

So there is a chance. Like Putin shooting 5 nuclear warheads into California and New York on 11/8.

Mick

Or the old hag passing out on the stage with a massive seizure 4 days before the election

Old 10-26-2016, 09:02 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,504 times
Some of you will feel pretty silly on Nov 9 if Trump wins. I saw so many people and poles showing trump would not make it past 1237 to get the nomination but lo and behold he won the most votes in primary history. I actually think Bernie would have been a tougher candidate than Hillary, but she started with 500 super delegates before Bernie even announced he was running. Anyway while Clinton could win, 16 other people have underestimated Trump and wound up out of the race. We will see what happens on Nov 9.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:56 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

If you ask me, this election was over the minute Trump accepted the nomination ... since that moment the only question has been what will Hillary's margin be. Once again the GOP makes the mistake of thinking they can win with the votes of White nationalist bigots and cranky old White people.
There exist cranky, young, non-white people as well. Crankiness can impact any demographic, and so can bigotry!

Old 10-26-2016, 10:59 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
There exist cranky, young, non-white people as well. Crankiness can impact any demographic, and so can bigotry!
Good point !

Many young black rappers rapping anti white lyrics and spreading racist stereotypes about whites .

Lots of rappers just don't seem to like " crackers "

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t240457/

Old 10-26-2016, 01:04 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,794,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Not my experience. I have two black neighbors. I had a few black coworkers over the years. I had a black boss I liked and respected very much. I have two black girlfriends for over two decades.

I do think blacks are given a pass for their shortfalls. I've seen that. Just like I've seen well connected white employees given a pass. For different reasons.

BLM has changed my general view of educated blacks. I despise BLM for their violence.
When you can count the number of black people you've known in your life without having to take off your shoes, I don't you can say that you have "experience" to say that racism isn't a problem. Your entire post reeks of prejudice especially the "BLM has changed my general view of educated blacks" comment. What does one have to do with the other? Are you saying that educated blacks aren't supposed to support BLM or that those that support BLM by definition support violence? Is it possible that one can support the cause but not support the methods?

In my opinion, this is the type of racism that it a bigger problem than what we see coming from the Alt-right. At least they own it. But people with views like yours are more difficult because I think that you truly believe that you aren't racist and when you are called out on it, you end up trying to turn the blame back on the person that is trying to point out why what you are saying is really messed up. I don't think that it comes from a place of malice, but rather from an unwillingness to accept that you are playing an actual role in the problem.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:44 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
This short video that BucFan posted is so very representative of the Republican mindset. They do not give a damn about doing the right thing or working to make America better, all they care about is obstructing anything the other side tries to accomplish.

Watch this video, then replay it. If this is the kind of people we want working for us, it speaks very badly about how we think in this country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

Negative, negative, negative ! Where the Democrats try to be uplifting and positive, the GOP is run by sour old white guys, like this one, who get their jollies by screwing with the other side. They have been the reason a man, like Donald Trump, was able to slip in and steal their party away from them. They only have themselves to blame.

Now, it is time for the Democrats to come in and try to fix it. It looks like a lot of GOP seats will be going to the Democrats, so that should help out a lot.

Don

Old 10-26-2016, 04:09 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
clinton now has 323 electoral votes either solidly for her or leaning her way. Trump has just 180. (reminder: You need 270 to win.)

everywhere you look, trump is underperforming where mitt romney was at this point in 2012. And romney only got 206 electoral votes and lost by 5 million or so in the popular vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...roaching-zero/
🙄

Old 10-26-2016, 04:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
When you can count the number of black people you've known in your life without having to take off your shoes, I don't you can say that you have "experience" to say that racism isn't a problem. Your entire post reeks of prejudice especially the "BLM has changed my general view of educated blacks" comment. What does one have to do with the other? Are you saying that educated blacks aren't supposed to support BLM or that those that support BLM by definition support violence? Is it possible that one can support the cause but not support the methods?

In my opinion, this is the type of racism that it a bigger problem than what we see coming from the Alt-right. At least they own it. But people with views like yours are more difficult because I think that you truly believe that you aren't racist and when you are called out on it, you end up trying to turn the blame back on the person that is trying to point out why what you are saying is really messed up. I don't think that it comes from a place of malice, but rather from an unwillingness to accept that you are playing an actual role in the problem.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Crystal Ball 2016 Electoral College Ratings

Old 10-26-2016, 04:17 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Clinton now has 323 electoral votes either solidly for her or leaning her way. Trump has just 180. (Reminder: You need 270 to win.)

Everywhere you look, Trump is underperforming where Mitt Romney was at this point in 2012. And Romney only got 206 electoral votes and lost by 5 million or so in the popular vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...roaching-zero/
If you close your eyes real tight, and try and will yourself to be in another place, it might just work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooM-RGUTe2E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections