Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 12:16 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times

Advertisements

What took so long? Why release this now?

Trump was interviewed in 2012 and clearly said he does not support the deportation of illegal immigrants and warned of the consequences of enforcing such a law.

Is this a new discovery? This would have been very helpful during the debates. I mean, he said "I don't believe in deporting illegal immigrants." Yet throughout this campaign he's been talking about mass deportation. Listen.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/23/politics/trump-2012-immigration/]Trump in 2012: 'I don't believe" in deporting many undocumented immigrants - CNNPolitics.com[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 12:32 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Well, it's been pretty obvious that Trump capitalized on a base comprised of low information voters, racists and conspiracy nuts. He saw how easy it was to garner support when he crowned himself king of the birthers. When he lied about having private investigators... "My investigators in Hawaii can’t believe what they are finding", he saw that his dumbed-down supporters never even noticed that his private investigators did not return with the goods because they never even existed. Selling the snake oil "Mexico will pay for it wall" was a cinch when one considers how gullible these people are.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-24-2016 at 12:44 AM..

Old 10-24-2016, 01:02 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,649,879 times
Get a clue guys. All politicians evolve. The dems are particularly adept at evolving. So stop with the fake outrage.

Hillary Clinton Has Changed Positions On Big Issues Over A Long Career : NPR
http://townhall.com/video/hillary-clintons-evolving-stance-on-immigration-n2063668
Obama's 'evolving' gay marriage view was a sham, he favored it in 2008: Axelrod - Washington Times
https://www.civilized.life/articles/...-legalization/

Old 10-24-2016, 01:55 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,717,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What took so long? Why release this now?

Trump was interviewed in 2012 and clearly said he does not support the deportation of illegal immigrants and warned of the consequences of enforcing such a law.

Is this a new discovery? This would have been very helpful during the debates. I mean, he said "I don't believe in deporting illegal immigrants." Yet throughout this campaign he's been talking about mass deportation. Listen.

Trump in 2012: 'I don't believe" in deporting many undocumented immigrants - CNNPolitics.com
Nothing Trump has said before he announced he was running means anything. Private businessmen play the rigged system, they play nice with politicians and anything they say is to enrich themselves and their companies. He wasn't running to be YOUR voice in 2012, so why would you think things he said back then are applicable?

Old 10-24-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Nothing Trump has said before he announced he was running means anything. Private businessmen play the rigged system, they play nice with politicians and anything they say is to enrich themselves and their companies. He wasn't running to be YOUR voice in 2012, so why would you think things he said back then are applicable?
He wasn't just any private businessman. Trump was considering a run for POTUS in 2012. Do your homework. He also said that the GOP was "mean-spirited" because of its anti-immigration stance. So basically you're saying nothing he ever said matters because all businessmen lie and that's okay.

My head hurts.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:39 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,131,677 times
No, there is no fake outrage from the Democrats . . . . there is only glee . . . . . they just shake their head and say, "the writing is on the wall as to what his true intentions are . . . . . only if Trump followers weren't blind, they'd see."

You can "evolve" but are you going to trust him on this #1 issue for his supporters? Isn't it too critical? Add to it the fact that he uses illegals in his business operations. . . . for decades.

Mick

Old 10-24-2016, 12:50 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,923,457 times
Hillary definitely supported illegal immigration back in the 90s.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:00 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,131,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Oh, I thought she still does. But Trump apparently has had a change of heart. If elected, he'd flip flop against in January. His followers rage . . . oops, forget that, they would buy some weak excuse.

Mick

Old 10-24-2016, 01:00 PM

25,982 posts, read 22,169,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
He wasn't just any private businessman. Trump was considering a run for POTUS in 2012. Do your homework. He also said that the GOP was "mean-spirited" because of its anti-immigration stance. So basically you're saying nothing he ever said matters because all businessmen lie and that's okay.

My head hurts.
I thought you supported Clinton and you are talking lying not being OK. So, you support Trump and that is why this bothers you? Explain exactly what your dog is in this fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No, there is no fake outrage from the Democrats . . . . there is only glee . . . . . they just shake their head and say, "the writing is on the wall as to what his true intentions are . . . . . only if Trump followers weren't blind, they'd see."

You can "evolve" but are you going to trust him on this #1 issue for his supporters? Isn't it too critical? Add to it the fact that he uses illegals in his business operations. . . . for decades.

Mick
Are you saying then that electing Hillary will be the way to go because previously, she opposed illegal immigration and wanted something done just as Bill Clinton did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt7Sm2b3jLI

Quote:
No, actually she was opposed to it. As the illegal population grew and might have gotten the vote, she played the illegals and supporters for all it will be worth. See video clip above.

I think that until Trump got serious about the election, he did not really understand the weight of illegal immigration on our country. I am sure that many clarified the problem and it has become more and more obvious as illegals commit heinous crimes and cost us billions of dollars that it is not working and must be addressed.

Also, I noticed the actual clip did not include what he was talking about as it started in mid-sentence, not that I don't trust CNN, I mean, just because Time Warner their owner has given $800,000 to Clinton's campaign in a "pay it forward" it doesn't mean that CNN would lie like the dog they are.

And, one more time, whatever Trump may have said or done, he is still better than Clinton. No one died and our security was not compromised. Foreign governments did not have to engage in "pay to play"..................

Old 10-24-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
No, she never did. There is a huge difference between immigration reform and "supporting illegal immigration."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections