Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
But I would expect him to know the truth about the situation before he started yammering on about it.

I don't buy Ms. Conway's excuse that Trump can't be held accountable for telling the truth because he doesn't know what is true and what is a lie.

I think Joe Biden nailed it when he said that it wasn't just that Trump doesn't know the truth, it was that he doesn't put forth the effort to find out.
Sure, Trump mispoke when he discussed his employees on ACA.. but you think ACA has no ramifications on employers, but yet here yammering lies, or just not making the effort to find out the truth..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 09:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The insult is the lies being spread about ACA.

ACA was explained as a way to get health insurance for more Americans, to allow parents' health insurance plans to cover their children until age 26 when, hopefully, they would be established enough to have health insurance of their own, to eliminate the insurance companies' practices of denying health coverage to those with pre-existing conditions and to keep insurance companies from dropping coverage on those who developed costly medical issues.

The subsidies were to help low-income folks obtain affordable health care coverage. As long as they selected a plan that their medical providers accepted, they were good to go. When some selected plans that their medical provider didn't accept, they blamed it on ACA.

As more people started getting their health care needs met through medical insurance rather than emergency room visits, the burden on taxpayers would be reduced.

ACA slowed down the rate of premium increases, but there was never any sales pitch that it would cut rates across the board or eliminate the increase in premiums.

For those with short memories, all of this information is quickly available online.

How do people who believe lies like this make decisions in the world? Are you constantly taken advantage of by cell phone companies, real estate agents, employers, politicians...?
For the first time in my life I may have to stop buying insurance because the premiums are so high that it's unaffordable. Think about it. If I'm paying $1k a month for 2 people each having our own separate politics (also a first) because it was too expensive for both of us on the same policy and we each have a $5k deductible it doesn't make sense anymore.

Obamacare is a disaster

Old 10-26-2016, 09:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
For the first time in our lives we are considering not buying insurance because it's too expensive for the coverage we get so I have to do some research. Someone suggested to do what a lot of people are doing. Don't buy insurance and buy it only if you get sick. Even though we have it now do I just stop paying or do I call and cancel? We can pay for minor health problems but if we have bigger issues we can simply sign up online?

Old 10-26-2016, 11:20 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So Trump had a nice rally today at one of his golf courses with many of his workers (supposedly) behind him who gave positive comments about working for Trump...most of them Hispanics...no proof of legal or illegal status provided...but I am from Texas and I know plenty of native born Latinos speak little English so that is ok when many of the speakers have heavy accents...

The part that is really important ( and Clinton better jump on it--it's a gift!) and funny as hell and proves Trump has absolutely NO insight/knowledge about the ACA except it's "bad" comes when he says that all of his employees are having a heck of a time with insurance from Obamacare...that their rates are going up and they are really struggling...(as per the news of the day)...
And his employees have NO contact w/Obamacare because they have employer health insurance...not anything they buy through the health care options under the ACA...

So if their rates are going up and they are struggling to keep their insurance then Trump's company is causing at least part of the problem by not contributing more or paying them a higher wage to offset insurance rates...
Guy who works at Doral, I think that was the resort, responded to the reporters' questions about it afterwards and said that the employees didn't use the ACA for insurance.

Trump runs a business and is so disconnected from the management/operations that he has no idea how the insurance plan works...

That is not great corporate governance...
It is like his accountant said ( the one who did his and his father's taxes for decades before the accountant retired)... Trump, he said, knew zilch about taxes...it wasn't Trump's brain coming up with tax strategies...
he rarely asked questions in meetings...Ivanka was the one with questions...and all Trump did (like most people w/CPAs doing their returns) was just sign the returns...

So this is a guy who is going to fix Obamacare???
He doesn't even know who is USING it or how,it differed from employer sponsored health care...duh...
What's "DUMB", is this post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections