Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Obamacare a playing factor in casting your vote this year?
Yes, Trump will repeal it! I want it gone before its too late! 28 73.68%
No, Hillary-Care/Obamacare is Amazing! Im with her! 10 26.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:17 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Trump is going to force insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions without requiring everyone to purchase insurance OR raise premiums? Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?
By saying such things, you apparently have read nothing on trumps proposal on health care other than your obvious blind allegiance to team "D" because once again, you don't know his proposals.

Donald Trump on Health Care

"Even if we elect a real president who will get tough and repeal Obamacare, we still need a plan to bring down health-care costs and make health-care insurance more affordable for everyone. It starts with increasing competition between insurance companies. Competition makes everything better and more affordable.

One way to infuse more competition into the market is to let citizens purchase health-care plans across state lines.

This could be easily accomplished if Congress got some guts and did the right thing. The U.S. Constitution gives Congress control over interstate commerce. But for whatever reason, the Congress has never exercised this power regarding health insurance. They need to."

You obviously don't like trump and that's fine. But it shows you don't like him because of reasons beyond what he stands for policy wise as you show complete lack of knowing anything about his policies. So perhaps it's best if you just jump on the anti wagon, admit you don't like him beyond his policies, perhaps join on the always popular mature "orange" this/that the other thing name calling game and stop the masquerading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 10:31 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
By saying such things, you apparently have read nothing on trumps proposal on health care other than your obvious blind allegiance to team "D" because once again, you don't know his proposals.
"Even if we elect a real president who will get tough and repeal Obamacare, we still need a plan to bring down health-care costs and make health-care insurance more affordable for everyone. It starts with increasing competition between insurance companies. Competition makes everything better and more affordable.
One way to infuse more competition into the market is to let citizens purchase health-care plans across state lines.
This could be easily accomplished if Congress got some guts and did the right thing. The U.S. Constitution gives Congress control over interstate commerce. But for whatever reason, the Congress has never exercised this power regarding health insurance. They need to."
You obviously don't like trump and that's fine. But it shows you don't like him because of reasons beyond what he stands for as you show complete lack of knowing anything about his policies.
I read his plan, right off of his website, selling insurance across state lines does NOTHING to lower health care costs, it just creates a race to the bottom while insurers all move their HQ to states with the fewest regulations. In case you are interested here's a pretty good analysis of both Trump and Clinton's plans for healthcare http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/869307

Old 10-27-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I read his plan, right off of his website, selling insurance across state lines does NOTHING to lower health care costs, it just creates a race to the bottom while insurers all move their HQ to states with the fewest regulations. In case you are interested here's a pretty good analysis of both Trump and Clinton's plans for healthcare http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/869307
And the "Affordable" health care act created by your side of the ticket is anything but, proven 100% by reality, not speculation articles by "experts" you provide by the media who we know must be telling the truth/have no agendas, right?

Bottom line.....what we have now/was sold to the american public by obamacare has been a lie. A farce. It's anything but "affordable". A 22% average premium increase across the nation isn't "affordable". Premium increases of 116% on average in AZ isn't "affordable". And no, one can't keep their own doctor as promised. You want to keep it the same, some version of it, and keep the same crew in charge who lied to us, the american public. You continue to trust this crew. That's insanity in the eyes of a rational person.....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I cringe to think what kind of decisions you make in your own life when someone lies to you, promises something and doesn't deliver......you must keep going back for more/giving them your business. Truly amazing.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:44 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Trump will repeal it. Hillary will make it worse.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:16 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

You obviously don't like trump and that's fine. But it shows you don't like him because of reasons beyond what he stands for policy wise as you show complete lack of knowing anything about his policies. So perhaps it's best if you just jump on the anti wagon, admit you don't like him beyond his policies, perhaps join on the always popular mature "orange" this/that the other thing name calling game and stop the masquerading.
I can figure out when a politician is making a promise or just simply speaking nonsense because he was asked a tough question. There is a reason why candidates write their plans on their website. That's their written contract with voters.

All Trump said was "I want to keep preexisting conditions. "I want to" is not a plan, it's a wish. It is not even a promise.

Did you check his healthcare plan? he didn't even address preexisting conditions. AT ALL. Mr "let the states decide" whatever they want, claims he wants to work with states to create high risks pools. Just work, sure work with 50 states because that makes so much sense. I guess working with states is telling them "open a high risk pool if you want to dear states, thank you very much"

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/health-care/

Old 10-27-2016, 11:53 PM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Apparently Minnesota is being hit hard.....

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ta-100316.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
They'll be seeing red by nov.8
I would be shocked if Minnesota turns red, as they are loaded with liberal kooks up there. So while I have no clue if Trump will win or lose come the 8th, if Minnesota goes for Trump, it is a sign he will win the whole thing.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:09 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Only 3% of the population will be paying higher rates. Those who purchased on the exchange will be receiving an increase in tax credits to offset the higher rates.

The uninsured rate dropped to a record low, thanks to the Affordable Care Act. It's now at 8%. Why would anyone be against that, especially if it's not costing you anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I would be shocked if Minnesota turns red, as they are loaded with liberal kooks up there.
Ha. Yeah, such liberal kooks that the state is constantly ranked as one of the best places to live, and was recently ranked as the best state for business. The rest of the country could learn a lot from Minnesota.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I can figure out when a politician is making a promise or just simply speaking nonsense because he was asked a tough question. There is a reason why candidates write their plans on their website. That's their written contract with voters.

All Trump said was "I want to keep preexisting conditions. "I want to" is not a plan, it's a wish. It is not even a promise.

Did you check his healthcare plan? he didn't even address preexisting conditions. AT ALL. Mr "let the states decide" whatever they want, claims he wants to work with states to create high risks pools. Just work, sure work with 50 states because that makes so much sense. I guess working with states is telling them "open a high risk pool if you want to dear states, thank you very much"

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/health-care/
As for giving states having the power to do this/that with healthcare, it's happening now with obamacare. States were allowed to run the exchanges themselves or opt out/have people who live in that state go to the federal site to buy health insurance. States were allowed the option to create a medicaid type plan for low income state residents or opt out.

I agree with you on the high level subject of who can you trust? Even promises are fleeting with any politician for that matter. When it comes to any politician, you simply can't. Hil even admitted she has a "private" and a "public" view and it has been proven countless times she lies and lies again so what else is new.

I think the simple reality here is obamacare was built on lies and it has to change. The average person can't afford these large premium increases. Simple as that. And the party that created all of this who lied about keeping your own doctor, calling it "affordable" health care, etc. can't be trusted to do anything more to it. Plain and simple. The dems tried and failed on many major levels and it's time to take the decision away from them as they've proven to many they can't manage it all properly. At least give trump/another party a try at it....it makes sense as you wouldn't keep going back to the same auto mechanic, dentist, doctor, etc. who keeps screwing up trying to create/fix something, would you? I hope not. A reasonable approach would be to go to another mechanic, dentist, or doctor and give them a try. It's not a guarantee they'll be any better but you at least know who to stay away from because they've proven themselves incompetent.

Last edited by stevek64; 10-28-2016 at 02:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections