Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 02:20 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Comey brought the email crap back to help Trump he did not want to election to be a blow out before Clinton was going to get 320 to 340 electoral votes now she will get 292 to 294 electoral votes. Comey should step down tomorrow if not Obama should have him arrested for breaking the Hatch Act. Comey proved he is the biggest Trump supporter bigger than Putin
While I agree this whole kerfluffle pretty much torpedoed her chances for a blowout I don't think that was Comey's motivation. I think he was stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one and handled it badly.

I do think there are some members of the NY office who may have been thinking along these lines, however.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:21 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I disagree. She was cleared in July based on a review of all the emails. It was known she had deleted some at that time. When it became known there were more emails out there of course it had to be investigated. They didn't know if these were duplicates of ones they've already seen or some that had been deleted. I don't see how he would have known they had nothing until he looked at them.

Now if the NYC office hadn't been threatening to leak the info he could have done this quietly. The only thing I blame him for was the vaguely worded pot stirring letter to congress, but not for re-investigating.
The FBI agents who threatened should have been directed to stand down and informed of the consequences of refusing that directive.

If they went ahead anyway, he could have told reporters that additional emails came to attention of the FBI and they were reviewing them, but that at this point there was no indication they were even relevant.

Then after the election, the insubordinate agents would be canned.

This would have maintained his integrity and the integrity of the FBI.

Alas, that train has left the station.

1,640 posts, read 795,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/us...rump.html?_r=0

Nothing said suggests they were duplicates. Everything says "new emails."
I have the news on now. It is CNN so take that for what it's worth, but they are reporting that no new classified material has been discovered, which implies duplicates.

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Good question. Whoever in the FBI leaked to Guiliani committed a federal crime. Heads will roll.
They better.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:22 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
The FBI has been brought to heel by Hillary the , Lynch and Obama imo.

All because of corruption and such - it'll all eventually come out in the wash as those proverbial Chickens will eventually come home to roost.

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
KellyAnne is absolutely fascinating.
I agree. She fascinates me, and she annoys me. It's an odd feeling.

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Default I Wonder...

I wonder.......if all this was planned. That the Trump supporters and Trump himself were deliberately misled...that their hopes were raised..just to be dashed, just in time for them to look like fools as Election Day approaches?

I'm not one for conspiracy theories..in fact, I loath them. But I love chess..and this would be a masterful move. It could very well depress Trump voter turnout....as some supporters may be so disappointed that they stay home--and the Clinton base is energized with a sense of vindication.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:23 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The FBI agents who threatened should have been directed to stand down and informed of the consequences of refusing that directive.

If they went ahead anyway, he could have told reporters that additional emails came to attention of the FBI and they were reviewing them, but that at this point there was no indication they were even relevant.

Because their bosses are corrupt right?

Old 11-06-2016, 02:24 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
...if all this was planned. That the Trump supporters and Trump himself were deliberately misled...that their hopes were raised..just to be dashed, just in time for them to look like fools as Election Day approaches?

I'm not one for conspiracy theories..in fact, I loath them. But I love chess..and this would be a masterful move. It could very well depress Trump voter turnout....as some supporters may be so disappointed that they stay home--and the Clinton base is energized with a sense of vindication.

I wonder....
Or people come out in droves to get Clinton prosecuted in response to this.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:24 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

That makes sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections