Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2016, 05:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No. The "classified" material they found in the other emails were phone appointments to heads of state, that were retroactively unclassified, and should have never been left classified - actually confidential - in the first place. Those are the notorious little c emails.

Serious classified material is not sent by general email, it's kept on a separate server system within the relevant agency, you can't get access to it unless you're cleared, and you certainly can't just email it to whomever.

So the likelihood that there's "a trove of classified info" is nil.
And yet the FBI verified that not a word that you just said is true. Clintons personal computer held lots of classified emails..

Old 10-30-2016, 05:30 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,784 times
Of course they are.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is foreign, because making press announcements about ongoing investigations is NOT what FBI does.

I removed your insults. Quit acting like an ass.
The FBI notifies the public about things like terrorist possibilities in NYC, and bomb threats etc.. ALL THE TIME.. you can sit there and repeat the lie that they dont announce crap, but its a complete LIE..

16,956 posts, read 16,768,054 times
Maybe the FBI, when examining Weiner's computer, turned on his Instant Messenger....

From there, 20 different IM's popped up from different women and some of them said, "Oh Weiner! That was great last night having computer sex with you. Wow! you sure typed a lot of top secret things when you were "finishing" with me"...... What are the odds?

16,759 posts, read 8,225,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Correct. I believe that Nixon tried to squash an investigation aka Watergate? Personally I think this is far worse then Watergate.
Since Tricky Dick was forced out of the Presidency, the GOP has been searching for something to pin on the Democrat Party. They think this is it and are they wrong again. Nutty Don is more of an embarrassment then even Watergate.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:33 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,092,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Let me see if I understand what they are saying... that there are 650,000 emails stored on a laptop? Wow, these people must have been doing nothing but emailing, day and night, for years and years. Also must not have anything else stored on the laptop, either, right? It almost seems physically impossible.
Someone (Huma?) was doing a lot of copying and pasting from a server.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:34 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,366,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Students have no one to blame but themselves. If you wouldn't borrow a 100K fresh out of high school and buy a sports car, why in the hell would you weigh yourself down with 100K of debt for a student loan just to go off to college. With the ease of student loans and no discretion by students, no wonder tuition is skyrocketing.

My parents made it clear to me that I would earn my college education. They helped as long as I was working hard, but I earned scholarships, worked multiple jobs and stayed up late studying to earn my degree from mostly local area colleges. I didn't go off for 5 years and party. And I came out of college with a steady increasing pay and no debt.

Best gift my parents ever gave me... the gift of self-reliance.
Easily fixed Simply reinstate standard bankruptcy rules. First thing that happens is the students with problems goes bk. Next the loans go away if not federal.

The feds screwed this up. They have made it virtually impossible for the Colleges to continue without the loans. So the Feds need to do something to fix an unintended consequence. And it will almost certainly cost the taxpayers a bundle.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Loretta Lynch admitted her meeting with Clinton was wrong and she apologized.
She also Recused herself from the Clinton investigation.
Doesnt mean it didnt take place..

Lot of apologizing going on, they shouldnt have mislead the public of Clintons "innocence" in the first place, just to cover for Obama..

Old 10-30-2016, 05:35 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,978,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Well, for one, it could result in us electing a president who has ties with Russia.

Harry Reid accuses Comey of sitting on proof of Trump-Russia ties, possible Hatch Act violation - CBS News

“In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government - a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States, which Trump praises at every opportunity,” he said. “I wrote to you months ago calling for this information to be released to the public...and yet, you continue to resist calls to inform the public of this critical information.” Harry Reid.

Wouldn't that be just the berries?

Personal feeling is that this is coincidental timing to be honest.

He may have 'sat' on things he was worried might make him reopen the investigation because he was pressured to do so (they better tread carefully if that was the case I think - could backfire on those who seem so incensed) or because he really didn't know for sure till just recently that there was really a reason to reopen or perhaps maybe just because (since we know he was pressured previously to say that something that certainly looks indictable would get no such recommendation, etc.) when he had to deal with the mounting number of resignations and rebukes in house he just didn't know what the heck to do but then his wife may actually have gotten to him.

Yes, the guy is a political appointee who apparently is Republican but he was appointed by Obama - quite a dilemma for him I am sure. Pressures coming from all sides. I think he just decided he had to do it, worked up the courage and damn the timing .. I do NOT think the timing was deliberate to affect the election (though honestly if it was, if this all turns out to be true and Hillary .. and many others as I suspect .. are in real big trouble ... I think he is doing us ALL a favour - both sides).

Old 10-30-2016, 05:37 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,601,919 times
55 emails per hour for 8 hrs, 365 xs a year times four years is how you get to 650 appr. Its not that many if you think about it. I have done more at my job. You get lots of memos cc to you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections