Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 01:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I think she clearly behaved wrongly. I am not sure that is evidence of corruption, though.
If there's no corruption, simply hand over the emails and let the FBI determine that. Anyone that has worked in any large organization knows that by turning over documents with transparency you've shown no intentions of illegal activities.

Clinton's behavior is clear sign of intent to object justice with the suspicion of something greater could be revealed if emails were obtained.

The last investigation was a complete joke, no Grand Jury no evidence being reviewed, Comey never followed FBI process which led to many FBI agents pissed that he has destroyed FBI's rule of conduct as a director.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 03:26 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If there's no corruption, simply hand over the emails and let the FBI determine that. Anyone that has worked in any large organization knows that by turning over documents with transparency you've shown no intentions of illegal activities.

Clinton's behavior is clear sign of intent to object justice with the suspicion of something greater could be revealed if emails were obtained.

The last investigation was a complete joke, no Grand Jury no evidence being reviewed, Comey never followed FBI process which led to many FBI agents pissed that he has destroyed FBI's rule of conduct as a director.
The question is whether anything on the laptop is classified. The FBI is not qualified to settle that issue and the State Dept and spook agencies may disagree about it. The proper procedure would be to determine whether these emails are government business, whether or not the State Dept has them, whether or not the State Dept believes them to be classified. All that will likely require months if not years to accomplish.

Comey is hopelessly off base and should be removed. He has deliberately interfered in a partisan manner with a Presidential election. It is particularly bad because there is no rational way to resolve the matter before the election.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:49 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The question is whether anything on the laptop is classified. The FBI is not qualified to settle that issue and the State Dept and spook agencies may disagree about it. The proper procedure would be to determine whether these emails are government business, whether or not the State Dept has them, whether or not the State Dept believes them to be classified. All that will likely require months if not years to accomplish.

Comey is hopelessly off base and should be removed. He has deliberately interfered in a partisan manner with a Presidential election. It is particularly bad because there is no rational way to resolve the matter before the election.
The FBI knows exactly what is in the emails, Wikileaks showed them the emails. Comey had to make the announcement before Wikileaks drops the bomb on Tuesday, Wiki forced the FBI's hand..
They just need to see the laptop to make it official. hillary is doomed, so might be crooked obama..

Old 10-30-2016, 04:05 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Corruption means one uses his or her status to gain personal benefits, typically financial. It isn't mere dishonesty. I completely agree that Hillary Clinton is dishonest, but I am having a hard time figuring out how she is corrupt. Even if she used her position as SoS to solicit donations to the Clinton Foundation, that doesn't seem like it would benefit her personally to any significant extent. While it's true that HRC can do some things like travel and attend various functions on the Clinton Foundation dime, that portion of the Clinton Foundation budget is so minuscule that it seems like a really bad way of obtaining personal benefits. I simply have a hard time believing a person who is worth as much as HRC is would risk her position as SoS -- a position that also allows extensive travel and perks that far outweigh those stemming from the Clinton Foundation -- for some free transportation (if even that). That seems irrational, and even if one were completely selfish, it doesn't seem prudent.

So what is the evidence of her corruption?

The Clinton Foundation IS THER PERSONAL PIGGY BANK OF THE CLINTONS. Further, why in the hell do you think the "fees" for Bill Clinton's "speeches" went up 4X when Hillary was Secretary of State?

The Clintons (under the approval of the Obama admin) have been the most corrupt political entity since Tammany Hall under Boss Tweed in late 1800s New York City. The Obama administration's participation in the activities of the Clintons eclipses the corruption during the Harding and Grant administration.

If Trump is elected, many political gangsters will be going to jail.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:38 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The FBI knows exactly what is in the emails, Wikileaks showed them the emails. Comey had to make the announcement before Wikileaks drops the bomb on Tuesday, Wiki forced the FBI's hand..
They just need to see the laptop to make it official. hillary is doomed, so might be crooked obama..
Where do you right wingers get this nonsense? Wikileaks is working off a penetration of the campaign staff. They have nothing on the existing situation with Abedin.

The problem for Comey is he is got nothing untill well after the election and then likely nothing. Should be fired.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:55 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,177,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Your comment implies that "illegal activities" is synonymous with "corruption." It is not. I never said HRC has nothing to hide. I said there's no evidence she's corrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

The Clinton Foundation IS THER PERSONAL PIGGY BANK OF THE CLINTONS. Further, why in the hell do you think the "fees" for Bill Clinton's "speeches" went up 4X when Hillary was Secretary of State?

The Clintons (under the approval of the Obama admin) have been the most corrupt political entity since Tammany Hall under Boss Tweed in late 1800s New York City. The Obama administration's participation in the activities of the Clintons eclipses the corruption during the Harding and Grant administration.

If Trump is elected, many political gangsters will be going to jail.
The Clinton Foundation is a non-profit, and you can view their tax returns. HRC has issued her tax returns. Can you point to anything in either set of returns that substantiates the claim that the Clintons use the Clinton Foundation as their own personal piggy bank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We've known all along that all you are doing is trying to make excuses for the sad candidate that is Hillary. If you want to defend deceitful people like Hillary, have at it. I'd rather be able to sleep at night.
Ah, so now you're just going to completely dodge the scenario I presented to you? Should you vote for candidate A or candidate B?

Old 10-30-2016, 06:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:

Ah, so now you're just going to completely dodge the scenario I presented to you? Should you vote for candidate A or candidate B?
I've covered this many times. You admit she us untrustworthy. That should disqualify her right there.

Your argument is , yes she is a lying sleazeball but I don't think she has done anything illegal.

Bravo. What a wonderful endorsement.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:12 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Quote:
Corruption means one uses his or her status to gain personal benefits, typically financial. It isn't mere dishonesty. I completely agree that Hillary Clinton is dishonest, but I am having a hard time figuring out how she is corrupt. Even if she used her position as SoS to solicit donations to the Clinton Foundation, that doesn't seem like it would benefit her personally to any significant extent. While it's true that HRC can do some things like travel and attend various functions on the Clinton Foundation dime, that portion of the Clinton Foundation budget is so minuscule that it seems like a really bad way of obtaining personal benefits. I simply have a hard time believing a person who is worth as much as HRC is would risk her position as SoS -- a position that also allows extensive travel and perks that far outweigh those stemming from the Clinton Foundation -- for some free transportation (if even that). That seems irrational, and even if one were completely selfish, it doesn't seem prudent.

So what is the evidence of her corruption?
There is, of course, no evidence whatsoever of "corruption." FOX News, Drudge, Breitbart, and Trump scream it to the rooftops and the right wing just parrots it.

The Republicans cut funding for security at American embassies, and 4 people are killed at Benghazi: hence, Clinton is a "murderer." The fact that 60 people died in attacks on American embassies under Bush seems not to bother these folks.

The Clintons got "rich"; thus, they are "corrupt." Most ex-Presidents and their families became "rich," as well (speaking engagements, books, real estate investment, etc.), but somehow only the Clintons are "corrupt" because of it (despite the fact that, unlike Trump, they've released their tax returns, which clearly shows where their money came from).

No, this is all about a mob mentality of hate: "Lock her up!" "She's a witch, a liar, a fill-in-the-blank."

Meanwhile, they think that Donald Trump is a paragon of honesty and "outsider" status and is going to help out "the little people," even though there is ZERO historical evidence of Trump ever helping anyone but himself. The fact that he's never held public office, never lifted a finger in service to the public, has no knowledge even of geography, much less geopolitical realities, is somehow "evidence" of his "outsider" status. So he just goes out on the campaign trail and spouts whatever paranoid and hateful crud he feels like saying and is their hero.

It's bizarre; I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:20 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times
Quote:
Your comment implies that "illegal activities" is synonymous with "corruption." It is not. I never said HRC has nothing to hide. I said there's no evidence she's corrupt.

The Clinton Foundation is a non-profit, and you can view their tax returns. HRC has issued her tax returns. Can you point to anything in either set of returns that substantiates the claim that the Clintons use the Clinton Foundation as their own personal piggy bank?

Wiggenstein, I am beginning to think you are codding everyone and maybe just doing all of this for a laugh. There is no other explanation for it.

Quote:
The Clinton Foundation is a non-profit, and you can view their tax returns. HRC has issued her tax returns. Can you point to anything in either set of returns that substantiates the claim that the Clintons use the Clinton Foundation as their own personal piggy bank
Do you live in a bubble perhaps, or isolated from reality in some shape or form? Why no earth would anyone report illegal activities on their tax returns. Like a line item of "cash payment from Russian company for uranium access" on the return. Come no now.

Secondly, you purposefully cherry picked, or perhaps modified your own definition of corruption to suit your own narrative. The vast majority of resources from Oxford, Webster and Cambridge explain :

corruption

dishonest or illegal behavior especially by powerful people (such as government officials or police officers)

With that in mind, not very honest of you to create this thread in the first place was it ?

Old 10-30-2016, 06:22 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,177,467 times
Quote:
I've covered this many times. You admit she us untrustworthy. That should disqualify her right there.
You're still dodging the question. In the scenario I painted for you, candidate A is trustworthy but wrong on every issue. Candidate B is untrustworthy but brilliant and right on every issue. Which one would you vote for?

Quote:
Your argument is , yes she is a lying sleazeball but I don't think she has done anything illegal.

Bravo. What a wonderful endorsement.
When did I make that argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections