Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:18 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,527,288 times

Advertisements

For me, two jobs ago there was one woman in that age range who was a ditz, always late, constantly confused, misunderstood situations, couldn't remember anyone's name, smelled bad, serious vision problems, and wouldn't learn the computer. Fairly healthy. Her brain used to be a lot sharper and she used to have her stuff together a bit better.

One job ago, there was no one older than 60.

Current job, there are three men, boss/owner types in that age range. Two are similar. They come in two days a week and do very little work. They know little about current technology and are totally out of touch with young people (employees in their 20s and 30s). Both are healthy, both set in their ways. Very inflexible.

The 3rd man, 72, knows very little about technology, the computer, how it works, only works half days, but does work 5 days a week. Won't do any written work anymore, but will talk about it and then get someone else to write/type it. His brain is still quite sharp, but he has trouble with changes, like if there are fundamental changes in the industry. He has a temper and every other word is a cuss word. He is set in his ways as far as routines. Rules don't apply to him.

What about any of y'all? What are your co-workers and bosses like who are in the same age range that McCain will be in if he is president? I know we can't generalize which is why I'm asking about specific people you know. From the people I know personally, I'm having hard time imaging what it will be like for someone to have the responsibility of the presidency at that age.

Interestingly, none of the ones I know still working have significant health problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 07:53 PM

144 posts, read 336,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
For me, two jobs ago there was one woman in that age range who was a ditz, always late, constantly confused, misunderstood situations, couldn't remember anyone's name, smelled bad, serious vision problems, and wouldn't learn the computer. Fairly healthy. Her brain used to be a lot sharper and she used to have her stuff together a bit better.

One job ago, there was no one older than 60.

Current job, there are three men, boss/owner types in that age range. Two are similar. They come in two days a week and do very little work. They know little about current technology and are totally out of touch with young people (employees in their 20s and 30s). Both are healthy, both set in their ways. Very inflexible.

The 3rd man, 72, knows very little about technology, the computer, how it works, only works half days, but does work 5 days a week. Won't do any written work anymore, but will talk about it and then get someone else to write/type it. His brain is still quite sharp, but he has trouble with changes, like if there are fundamental changes in the industry. He has a temper and every other word is a cuss word. He is set in his ways as far as routines. Rules don't apply to him.

What about any of y'all? What are your co-workers and bosses like who are in the same age range that McCain will be in if he is president? I know we can't generalize which is why I'm asking about specific people you know. From the people I know personally, I'm having hard time imaging what it will be like for someone to have the responsibility of the presidency at that age.

Interestingly, none of the ones I know still working have significant health problems.

This is a joke, right?

Old 03-15-2008, 08:13 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,527,288 times
No, no joke. I just have never personally known anyone age 72-76 who still works full time. The ones that do work, don't put much effort into it. So do you work with a bunch of people age 72-76 who still work successfully full time at stressful jobs and that's why you think my question is a joke?

Old 03-15-2008, 08:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,210,034 times
If McCain is elected he won't have to do anything but follow orders like the president before him.

Just try to remember ...in America all middle or low income people will have to work until they die so better get used to oldies...and you will be one, too, one day...

Old 03-15-2008, 08:35 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,457,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If McCain is elected he won't have to do anything but follow orders like the president before him.

Just try to remember ...in America all middle or low income people will have to work until they die so better get used to oldies...and you will be one, too, one day...
He'll be too old to follow orders, because half the time he won't be able to remember what they are. Look, McCain is too old to be president.

Besides his cancer problems, a man of his age suffers significant mental deterioration just in the natural course of things. That's not to mention other ailments, he could be in the early stages of dementia for all we know.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
He'll be too old to follow orders, because half the time he won't be able to remember what they are. Look, McCain is too old to be president.

Besides his cancer problems, a man of his age suffers significant mental deterioration just in the natural course of things. That's not to mention other ailments, he could be in the early stages of dementia for all we know.

Kinda like Reagan?
Look, I agree but let's face it...they successfully used a bumbling dope like bush so why not McCain...he may even croak but I'm sure the VP they pick will be equally malleable.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:48 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,869,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Kinda like Reagan?
Look, I agree but let's face it...they successfully used a bumbling dope like bush so why not McCain...he may even croak but I'm sure the VP they pick will be equally malleable.
Are "THEY" monitoring you now?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Are "THEY" monitoring you now?
I doubt it. Are you afraid they're monitoring you?? Don't be ...they aren't.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:20 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,405,759 times
I know 22-29 year-olds who come to work so hungover and/or burned out that they're not much good, either. The fact that they have metal trinkets affixed to their faces does not add to their skill-set or their utility.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I know 22-29 year-olds who come to work so hungover and/or burned out that they're not much good, either. The fact that they have metal trinkets affixed to their faces does not add to their skill-set or their utility.

Well good! We can agree on this!!! Does anyone else find it hard to converse with someone who has a metal stud in their tongue? I never hear a word they're saying...I just can't keep my eyes off the damn thing .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections