Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 12:53 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Not nearly as insane as Trump. And he isn't nearly as crass and nasty as Trump either. Why should I vote for Trump?
You should vote for whoever you want and for whatever reason you have... Its not my place to tell you who to vote... but I will not stand idly by when someone lies, deceive, slander, cheat, fearmonger, or threaten people with ridiculous ideas and notions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 12:53 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Actually I consider not voting for anyone... Hillary is a crook, Trump is... well Trump, Gary Johnson is insane, Jill Stein is not even on this planet... Then I saw the propaganda on TV... who do you think runs all that propaganda on WashPoop, CNN, just about EVERY news website and print has anti-Trump messages... The people who are putting up all of that fake propaganda has a LOT to lose if Trump becomes president... I don't like Trump but I don't like the wealthy powerful a LOT more who lie, deceive, slander, cheat, fearmonger, and threaten people to vote for Hillary... look at the crap they put if you vote for Trump, you think this planet becomes a fireball and we are all transported to the ninth level of hell... I choose not to believe propaganda and choose to know that the real enemy of Americans are ones behind all that propaganda...

Okay, Alex Jones.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:54 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is always Gary Johnson. He is far from an authoritarian and he isn't a crook.
Sure, that is a vote of your conscience and I don't fault you for it (honestly, I think him to be statist and open borders guy).

Fact is, lets be realistic. This isn't a 3 person race. I mean, I could tolerate a Johnson (thought I am confused as to why not Austin Petersen as he was far more in line with liberty based government), but in reality the race is a binary choice as much as I hate to say it (trust me, I voted for Perot).

So, by not voting for Trump (again, I am not faulting you, heck.. I have struggled with this) you are saying you are content with a Hillary presidency.

After a lot of thought, no... I am not... in fact, I would prefer a civil war over putting that proven criminal in office.

Will Trump be good? Hard to say, he is a leftist, but then he isn't a "idealist", he is a dealer. This is good and bad. It means we might see some healthy things done concerning the country with conservative oversight, but it also means we could end up with some real "Bush" like decisions and compromises.

At the end of the day, I just can't let her win. She doesn't deserve the presidency, she deserves a cell and to allow her in office is to spit on everything this country was founded on.

I just can't do it.

Like I said, I can't fault you for not voting, or voting 3rd party. I just know I can't allow her to win. It would be devastating.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:55 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You should vote for whoever you want and for whatever reason you have... Its not my place to tell you who to vote... but I will not stand idly by when someone lies, deceive, slander, cheat, fearmonger, or threaten people with ridiculous ideas and notions...

Then why would you support Trump?

Old 11-03-2016, 12:55 PM

155 posts, read 101,590 times
And so what if he is? There is nothing in the constitution that says our leaders have to have a certain style of governing versus another. It's only in your narrow-minded worldview that authoritarianism is a priori bad and it's opposite is good. We're not speaking the same political language as you. We don't have a knee jerk reaction to the word authoritarianism like you liberals.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:56 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Hillary is more of an authoritarian fascist than Trump

Old 11-03-2016, 12:57 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
T-minus 30 hrs and counting till the Nov. 5th release of something big on Bill/Hillary...

Old 11-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Okay, Alex Jones.

Yeah, interesting fact here.

You do realize Jones and his crew have been more correct on this election than your entire MSM combined?

So your dig is showing extreme bias on your part and pretty much outing you as a propaganda poster.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Then why would you support Trump?

To avoid a Hillary presidency?

Old 11-03-2016, 01:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Sure he is......it's one reason I will not vote for him. It's certainly not a reason to be a huge hypocrite and vote for the corrupt authoritarian from the other major party though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections