Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 07:53 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times

Advertisements

I know some celebs , like the star from Breaking Bad and others have been mentioning how they will be moving out of the U.S if Trump is elected.

Anyone hear that is considering moving if Clinton is elected?

It feel like the position of Presidency would just be a joke if she was elected despite all of her scandals and corruption.
I don't think other countries would have the respect they currently have for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 07:58 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
It would be an indication that the USA is going to become a completely corrupt 3rd world country in time. I'm hoping like Brazil but possibly like Venezuela. I already own property and have bank accounts in 3 countries....I wouldn't immediately move but I will monitor the situation and could choose to leave in time.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It would be an indication that the USA is going to become a completely corrupt 3rd world country in time. I'm hoping like Brazil but possibly like Venezuela. I already own property and have bank accounts in 3 countries....I wouldn't immediately move but I will monitor the situation and could choose to leave in time.
Yeah it's a shame...but I guess nothing lasts forever. Once foreign money /investors lose confidence in the U.S then it'll be really bad.

That's smart you have some things setup.

Not sure if you have heard of Simon Black, but he talks a lot about investing and living overseas.
https://www.sovereignman.com/about/

If you look at other countries they usually declined overtime like you mentioned.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:12 AM

1,400 posts, read 864,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I know some celebs , like the star from Breaking Bad and others have been mentioning how they will be moving out of the U.S if Trump is elected.

It feel like the position of Presidency would just be a joke if she was elected despite all of her scandals and corruption.
I don't think other countries would have the respect they currently have for us.
At some point you are going to run out of other countries to move to. I'd rather go down fighting for the issues and values that I believe in. Besides, we survived Obama's 8 years, 1 year of Hillary would be a walk in the park. It won't be long before all her corruption is brought to light.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:20 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times
Why run? If she wins, she will only be office for a short amount of time until the FBI charges her and puts her and the clinton foundation down.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:13 AM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
All these people are full of BS. Nobody is going anywhere.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:17 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,823 times
I've considered a move to another state after this election. Regardless of who wins.

Living with a bunch on insane Democrats here in Los Angeles will do that to you.

I'm young and have good job opportunities wherever I go... I would just miss the mountains and that is what holds me back more than anything.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

...I'll hold the door open for them.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
I've considered a move to another state after this election. Regardless of who wins.

Living with a bunch on insane Democrats here in Los Angeles will do that to you.

I'm young and have good job opportunities wherever I go... I would just miss the mountains and that is what holds me back more than anything.
There are plenty of conservatives along the Appalachian Trail. I'm sure they'll love to have you.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post

Yeah I'm in L.A too.
It's gotten pretty bad . Out of control homeless situation ,etc.
And they keep talking about raising taxes as well..

I guess they are just counting on people staying and putting up with it. Other cities especially in Texas have developed their economies and have a much lower cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections