Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 12:55 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
In '12 conservatives just disappeared - prolific posters during the campaign whose names were never seen again. The "libs" here seem to more of the regulars.
So 4 years ago the conservatives just disappeared?

No, "We was robbed," "the election was rigged," "Obama will be the death of us all," posts?

Just gone until this year?

How odd.

Old 11-06-2016, 12:56 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Some of you are probably way overdue for showers .
LOL

I hope this election didn't cause anyone a root canal or tooth extraction. No way some people had time to brush their teeth.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:04 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If Hillary wins, I expect the Conservatives to go all she's a crook and get pretty vile towards her.

If Trump wins, I expect to hear crickets in the forums. I mean complete shock. But..... MSNBC & CNN will be pure entertainment, full squawk box.
The way I see it is if Trump does win, there will be plenty of fun entertainment in the media, and in forums like this.

You see if Trump wins the W.H., his hardcore fans will elevate him to some savior status. "Don't chu talk about my president that way" And that's when things get fun, gnawing at the roots so to speak.

I'm fine with either election outcome.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:12 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I will certainly miss the regular discussions with some of my election board buddies.

Anyone else feel that way?
I will miss it too. I appreciate that everyone here has put in their opinions on all sides. It is amazing how turning off the news and reading things from here has cut out the extra stuff (if that makes sense). Honestly while this election has been crazy, CD has made it a more tolerable. Thanks guys!!

Old 11-06-2016, 03:17 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
After the last election I really missed the CD election forum and expect I will again. But my productivity at work should increase.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:28 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
It's not going to end with the election.

Liberals will continue to defend corruption and cronyism, just as usual. They will get crushed in the midterms as usual and nothing will change.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:41 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Its our country, our government, our democracy.

Important enough to discuss day after day.

And some of us have few people to talk to it about in real life...

People would rather stare at their phones and collect their 'friends' and count their 'likes'. I would rather be talking to intelligent people online than listening to the dribble that most people my age are interested in talking about.

I also don't have much of a family and no job. I certainly have things to do from day to day and when I really have to I'm not here but I don't have a life a lot of the time so it really makes no difference what I am doing. I also am with you about sites like Facebook. It's all shallow nonsense. I have one but I don't post on there. I'm also a loner so I don't have friends to talk to IRL...at least not that many and I would never discuss politics with those friends/acquaintances I do have. The anonymity is so much better.

Sometimes I tell myself "why am I wasting my time arguing about this when I don't even like politics and I am not going to change anyone's mind?" but my mind is constantly running so I might as well let it run onto the keyboard and when you think about it it probably does something for my writing. It keeps it fresh (I think that's the word to use right?) I don't know I'm just a natural writer so when I'm really passionate or frustrated about something it comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I have election fatigue and will be happy when it's over. I'm tired of the insults and name calling and I'm tired of worrying.
Me too in a way. I'm tired of thinking about it. I miss the times of Romney and Obama. It was a lot simpler. I'm tired of giving Trump my attention. I wish I could just go back to ignoring him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I wasn't here last time. Trump made me visit these dark rooms of CD. I don't think I have the stomach for Politics and Other Controversies.
I was but I posted a lot less so I know the feeling. I don't think I have the attention span for it. When I did post I'd be like a drive by poster more often I think and it was more about controversies than the actual politics.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:46 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I wasn't here last time. Trump made me visit these dark rooms of CD. I don't think I have the stomach for Politics and Other Controversies.

Yeah, it gets scary over there, too.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:48 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
After the last election I really missed the CD election forum and expect I will again. But my productivity at work should increase.

I've been regularly watching CNN for months now. I wonder what regular t.v. is like now...

Old 11-06-2016, 03:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
The closer we get to election day there are less and less 'regular discussions',things get too overheated and I post less and less.....

Don't worry,people will start 'discussing' the 2020 campaign around February ....
You'll think we'll wait that long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
LOL. Mine too! I sneak over here everytime someone puts me on 'hold'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections