Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2016, 10:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Okay, I just read Bannon's bio and info, and can't find anything he's done that deserves such outrage.
During a nasty divorce settlement his wife says he made anti-Semitic remarks????
She later dropped all claims against him.

His resume is outstanding in the military, MBA from Harvard, ran a Government Accountability Group, Goldman Sacs manager, Invested in Seinfeld (Jews!!) and Castlerock, and has started various businesses including Breitbart.
Joe Biden has more of a racist history than Bannon.
What am I missing?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Bannon
11 Things to Know About Steve Bannon Now That He's in White House
Oh, he's just another one of those for whom rules do not apply.

"Donald Trump’s new presidential campaign chief is registered to vote in a key swing state at an empty house where he does not live, in an apparent breach of election laws.

Stephen Bannon, the chief executive of Trump’s election campaign, has an active voter registration at the house in Miami-Dade County, Florida, which is vacant and due to be demolished to make way for a new development."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-donald-trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 10:35 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
Headlines in one danish newspaper states that Trump just basically
let the KKK into the white house. This is what some in the world
think of Bannon.
Another headline/article is how easy it will be to influence
Trump just by flattering him. This from a secret memo floating around Britain.
Yes , this is the new USA.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:44 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree
If you don't know who Steve Bannon is you owe it yourself to find out about him. He is a leader of the alt right and his goal is to take over the Republican party.
Dont try to tell the trump supporters.. They dont care!!

TRUMP CAN DO NO WRONG!!!

Old 11-14-2016, 10:56 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Just to be clear...Bannon is in an advisory position, and he's only one of many advisers. He's not the president. Kelly Ann Conway is also a likely adviser. Trump will to listen to different opinions, but he is the one ultimately making the decisions.

I'm not crazy about Bannon and wonder what kind of advice he would give, but nobody knows at this point and may never really know. The discussions that happen in meetings aren't made public. All we get is the end result which I would think is a consensus of a lot of different opinions. And ultimately, the effect of any decisions are on the President.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:16 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I can't believe I'm asking her to do this. Okay. I'll bite. ...

... She says what was on her phone were FB comments from friends, with a link to an local magazine article. She's now in high school. I kind of hate to do this but I'll list the link - which names the school and gulp where we live. No "fear," just distaste.

I'm now reading the comments. This is the FIRST comment. Wow. I realize that this is a bit of game to most of you but I'll play along if only because it is THIS kind of crap that will keep alienating the "libs." No one needs it. People should speak out if only in principal and I believe Trump will do it. No choice. Maybe even sincerely.

"My daughter is an 8th grader at Westland and told me that not only did the swastika incident happen today, but that white kids were also pointing at Muslim and Hispanic kids saying to them, "you're deported!". Imagine the fear that this sort of rhetoric must instill in immigrant kids? My daughter tells me that kids have been arguing about the election since Wednesday, and that these incidents have everything to do with Trump. Making an issue of this incident is not political correctness gone awry. We've just elected a racist, misogynistic demagogue to be the leader of the free world. We can't pretend that he's a "normal" President-Elect. The only "policies" that people have heard about his platform have been the hateful language and frightening promises that he made during the campaign. Until he says otherwise, we have to assume that he intends to follow through on what he said he would do. Trump's type of rhetoric seems to have unleashed some latent "white power" sentiments that even kids seem to have internalized (I suspect it's what they've heard at home). The fact that this is happening in Bethesda, not exactly Trump Country, makes me wonder how minority kids in deep red states must feel right now. It's disgusting behavior and it's got to stop. You'd think Trump would make some sort of effort to quell the storm by sending more than a tweet. We'll see if he is actually a leader who will attempt to bring us together, or if he'll continue to act like a petulant child and blame the media, etc.?"

Swastikas Drawn in Boys’ Bathroom at Westland Middle School - Bethesda Beat - Bethesda, MD
Now, while we are it , let all White People make a list of racist behavior shown to them my minorities in the past. The list will dwarf anything Liberals and SJWs are shoving in our faces.

From the harassment on public transport , bullying in schools, racist attacks on vulnerable White members of society, the anti white agenda where even Black kids are more racially aware than other kids their same age, the indoctrination at home which is the basis for all racial conflict, the sexual advances and the sexual assaults, the Blacks and minorites lying in wait to take anything , just about anything they can spin into a charge of racism ......example : the mention of "black" car in conversation has Blacks worried , I have seen it first hand , the unease in the workplace as Blacks are treated with kid gloves to "avoid any lawsuits" (being a Black woman is a double weapon, is that the reason why so many Black guys in corporate America are gay or just gay anyways to be the twin threat of gay and black )
Not to mention the Black depiction of Whites as inferior, there is a very significant portion of Black adult entertainment which routinely mocks and ridicules White men and women . If Whites did the same there would be a Supreme Court case on the matter. Then the hip pop culture where Whitey is public enemy number one.

Living as a professional in Nor Cal, I have seen some distasteful examples of how Blacks in particular have acted toward the "goofy" Whites. From the Blacks in the office environment and the tension they produce. As I have seen it before, race and charges of discrimination always on their minds behind the laughs and the "jovial" side. What I have seen Blacks engage in , and in groups , is quite appalling. On the J Judah, two female SFSU students on their way to class studying on train. On come approx. 6 Black teens or young adults, two of which had kids. I thought it cute how one of the kids goes up to the Asian student and says something of her. All happening just feet from me. Then the White student says something to the effect "sorry we are students and have no money". All the while 3 of the Black girls are now standing over the students. Next, here it comes, "So you not give this little girl any spare money for some candy , because she is Black ?" The two students look at each other in dismay. Then it happens. One of the Black girls does the " I talking to you b****h, I gonna kick you f******g b****h a**". The three girls began to beat the girls and another joins in . Lucky the cameras on the train alerted the Police. As on the next stop , the doors were prevented from being opened until the Police descended on the train. Three of the Black girls were taken away to be charged. Even while they were taken away, defiant and lacking remorse, the kicker was how the hulking Black girl leader stuck her head in the air and smiled with pride.

Again, the list of Black grievances would be nothing compared to Black injustices to Whites.

Blacks in particular really need to review themselves and what changes they can make from within . Playing the victim over and over again is not going to work anymore.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:03 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Now, while we are it , let all White People make a list of racist behavior shown to them my minorities in the past. The list will dwarf anything Liberals and SJWs are shoving in our faces.

From the harassment on public transport , bullying in schools, racist attacks on vulnerable White members of society, the anti white agenda where even Black kids are more racially aware than other kids their same age, the indoctrination at home which is the basis for all racial conflict, the sexual advances and the sexual assaults, the Blacks and minorites lying in wait to take anything , just about anything they can spin into a charge of racism ......example : the mention of "black" car in conversation has Blacks worried , I have seen it first hand , the unease in the workplace as Blacks are treated with kid gloves to "avoid any lawsuits" (being a Black woman is a double weapon, is that the reason why so many Black guys in corporate America are gay or just gay anyways to be the twin threat of gay and black )
Not to mention the Black depiction of Whites as inferior, there is a very significant portion of Black adult entertainment which routinely mocks and ridicules White men and women . If Whites did the same there would be a Supreme Court case on the matter. Then the hip pop culture where Whitey is public enemy number one.

Living as a professional in Nor Cal, I have seen some distasteful examples of how Blacks in particular have acted toward the "goofy" Whites. From the Blacks in the office environment and the tension they produce. As I have seen it before, race and charges of discrimination always on their minds behind the laughs and the "jovial" side. What I have seen Blacks engage in , and in groups , is quite appalling. On the J Judah, two female SFSU students on their way to class studying on train. On come approx. 6 Black teens or young adults, two of which had kids. I thought it cute how one of the kids goes up to the Asian student and says something of her. All happening just feet from me. Then the White student says something to the effect "sorry we are students and have no money". All the while 3 of the Black girls are now standing over the students. Next, here it comes, "So you not give this little girl any spare money for some candy , because she is Black ?" The two students look at each other in dismay. Then it happens. One of the Black girls does the " I talking to you b****h, I gonna kick you f******g b****h a**". The three girls began to beat the girls and another joins in . Lucky the cameras on the train alerted the Police. As on the next stop , the doors were prevented from being opened until the Police descended on the train. Three of the Black girls were taken away to be charged. Even while they were taken away, defiant and lacking remorse, the kicker was how the hulking Black girl leader stuck her head in the air and smiled with pride.

Again, the list of Black grievances would be nothing compared to Black injustices to Whites.

Blacks in particular really need to review themselves and what changes they can make from within . Playing the victim over and over again is not going to work anymore.
Scirocco, you absolutely correct. This is a problem, one that frankly I don't think that "fixable." Some of the behavior on the metro is pretty raunchy. I'm Caucasian but my daughter is Asian. DD dealt with it but at the elementary level many Asian kids were bullied by AA classmates apparently because they felt the Asians were "honorary" Whites. Interestingly enough they tended to leave the actual White kids alone. Friends in like situations pulled their kids from schools. I worry that she'll be a particular target (she's also petite) on public transportation and so often pay for Uber.

This election shows we have an America that is so divided that I frankly don't see a reconciliation. We have different value systems (liberty or justice), a varying take on authority (Yankee-style order contrasted to a Scots-Irish emphasis on individualism). Now have completely differently news streams for our "facts." Likewise, there are some within the Black community that will never let go of the grudges, feeding off it to explain their inability to cope well with life as it is. Ghetto behavior.

I just see no reason to make it worse. The kids are in the streets because they want to support their friends. As I wrote, DD came down to show me the FB stream of high school students now leaving several schools flooding into the local shopping community. Respectful. Peaceful. Working with police.

No approval on my part of any rowdy behavior. More, I personally would not protest the new President. Give the guy a chance. He's already indicated that some of his talk was campaign rhetoric. We're all sick of the negativity of the election and there's plenty of blame to go around.

But some of what Trump said did translate as "racism" to some. Maybe fairly, maybe naught. But it is their reality. Kids speaking out against racism (fairly perceived or not) to support their friends - that I'm okay with. Those are values we try to teach them even if I may disagree with some of their interpretations.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
Certainly. But there's no such thing as the alt-Right, I'm told.
What is the "alt-right"? Never heard of it before this election. Code for KKK? White Nationalists? MORE BS from MSM/left (same thing).

Old 11-14-2016, 01:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This fear mongering from the left is out of control! A complete freak out
If you truly understood who some of these people Trump is appointing are, you would be freaking out also. Better read about some of theses scumbags before it is too late. Oh, that's right--it's already too late.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
How do we KNOW you're a citizen?

Your papers, please.
Are you speaking to Melania?

Old 11-14-2016, 01:43 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You know who bothered me?

Bill Ayers. Jeremiah Wright.

You guys will survive - we did.
Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright were given White House strategist jobs? I must have missed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections