Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 05:39 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times

Advertisements

After all the lamenting that Trump wouldn't accept the results and would try to thwart the election, now the same group want do it themselves. I have made no secret of my dislike for Trump but that is who won, he is now our nation's president whether I want him or not. One of the things people of other nations marvel at, and look to as a shining example of democracy in action, is this nation's peaceful exchange of power, what do you say we not destroy that honor.

The Electoral College Was Designed to Prevent Trump. You Can Make This Happen. | The Huffington Post

Old 11-10-2016, 05:42 PM

11,359 posts, read 16,723,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
After all the lamenting that Trump wouldn't accept the results and would try to thwart the election, now the same group want do it themselves. I have made no secret of my dislike for Trump but that is who won, he is now our nation's president whether I want him or not. One of the things people of other nations marvel at, and look to as a shining example of democracy in action, is this nation's peaceful exchange of power, what do you say we not destroy that honor.

The Electoral College Was Designed to Prevent Trump. You Can Make This Happen. | The Huffington Post
Oh boy...please put the "stupidness" down and step away from the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 05:43 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,105,968 times
This would be a great way to start another revolution.

They thought better of such action in the RNC, I can't imagine they would be stupid enough to try to take the election away from the people.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:44 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,710 times
Quote:

I agree...the process is more important than any one person...I too am not a Trump fan..but he soon will be my President..better or worse.
People need to get a grip--This is just as bad, or worse, than those idiots who advocate jury nullification--when you start attacking the process--you are attacking what makes us great.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:44 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,935,735 times
I say, "Suck It Up, Buttercup".

Old 11-10-2016, 05:49 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,558,250 times
This is ridiculous. Believe me, I understand the rage and pain, but that doesn't give anyone the right to try to meddle with the process that's already in place. Let Trump become president. And then impeach him.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:51 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,572,537 times
Trump won the election by the existing rules. There is no going back on that. The value of the existing rules going forward are however open for discussion considering the will of the people has not been followed in two of the last five elections. The electoral college is not a democratic process and devalues people's votes giving more weight to some. The USA is not a one man one vote nation when it comes to electing the president.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:01 PM

10,241 posts, read 6,331,454 times
Read the entire article. This has happened before but only 4 times in our history where delegates did not cast a vote for a winning candidate. It is not illegal for them to do that. The sticking point and probably the rationale is that Hillary actually won the popular vote, but not the 270 electoral votes. I suppose a delegate could use that fact to vote for Hillary instead of Trump. Some delegates did say before the election that they could never cast their vote for Hillary. So the opposite could, but probably not, happen given the mood across the country.

The article did say that one delegate, from Texas of all places, has said he cannot cast his vote for Trump. It is perfectly legal for delegates to do so, especially if the popular votes are very close separating the candidates.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:05 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,959,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I agree...the process is more important than any one person...I too am not a Trump fan..but he soon will be my President..better or worse.
People need to get a grip--This is just as bad, or worse, than those idiots who advocate jury nullification--when you start attacking the process--you are attacking what makes us great.
Agreed. This isn't Egypt.
Let's try to not act like a 3rd world country's election.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:07 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,154,025 times
Quote:

I seem to remember you were not pro Trump, but, correct me, pro Cruz. Ugh, Cruz. Well at least you accept the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections