Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2016, 08:57 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Because the article is a bunch of B.S. lies and propaganda, that's why!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 08:59 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
He did say he is an outsider, not part of the establish. I think he will be a fast learner.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:01 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
I'm not a Trump supporter but this is really petty. I am sure other than a person who was a VP, all of the President Elects were a little over whelmed at what it takes to run the white house and become President. It took President Clinton and his team over a year to get acclimated, and Obama has admitted on numerous occasions that if President Bush would not have helped him and his team, they would have been in serious trouble. So this is ridiculous, and has no baring if he can do the job or not

Old 11-16-2016, 09:02 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post

I'm not "mad" that "my candidate" lost. I'm not 4 years old: I don't get "mad" when I lose. Some people I've voted for (even including a Republican) have won, some have lost. My entire identity is not melded into a party or some political messiah...........
Nonsense. Not a word of truth in your post.

You are just an angry loser. Here are some quotes from your past posts:
I wanted Bernie....there is no depth too low for GOP.....I think we need to indict the entire GOP for holding the Supreme Court--and democracy-- hostage....This is nothing more nor less that a despicable right-wing hit job on Hillary Clinton. There is no depth too low for these scumbags........The public support to indict Hillary Clinton isn't even remotely "growing." It is only "growing" within the right-wing bubble......

Old 11-16-2016, 09:03 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,177,601 times
These leftist dems (actually they don't qualify as Dems either - true Democrats voted Trump), will remain b*tt hurt for months.

Obama knew how to manage the country , that's why he doubled the national debt. If America was a company, it'd be out of business. Give Trump a chance(it can't get any worse).

Old 11-16-2016, 09:09 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.â€

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.
Know who this is?

This is the author of your "authoritative article".
http://www.vox.com/authors/libby-nelson
She actually went to college. Northwestern. She usually writes about education.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:12 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Who wrote this stupid piece? This person is clueless. Doesn't even realize that there has been a "transition team" in place long before the election was even won, to ensure a smooth transition, and to discuss the filling of positions, in anticipation of winning. That is what Chris Christie had been doing.

Wonder why these people don't criticize their own party for their ineptitude? They couldn't figure out that they were losing big time! Even though many of us were telling them they were going to lose. LOL!

Trump and Pence have made some great choices so far, and the work continues to go smoothly no matter what the biased left-wing media says.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:12 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Know who this is?

This is the author of your "authoritative article".
http://www.vox.com/authors/libby-nelson
She actually went to college. Northwestern. She usually writes about education.

So are you saying she actually knows nothing about what a president does? Because that was the distinct impression I had when reading her drivel.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:13 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Obama had worked around government, was a state senator then a Senator from Il, briefly. He did have an idea of the process. He had also been to law school. He probably knew how it worked.

We have years of folks telling us that government should be run like a business. They are not the same, never have been never will be.

The thing about this election that puzzles me is the willingness of those who are clueless to trivialize everything they are ignorant about.
Doesn't puzzle me. This country has been dumbing down for decades, and the radical Right has become increasingly post-truth.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:16 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Another arrogant social justice warrior!

That probably has some weird fear/fantasy that Donald Trump will personally come to her studio apartment and grope her while she's drinking her morning soy non fat latte .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections