Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 04:36 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/23/op...f=opinion&_r=0

Doubly shocking the Times would print this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 05:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Sorry, I can't read past this.

He rescued an economy in crisis and passed the recovery program, pulled America back from its military overreach, passed the Affordable Care Act and committed the nation to addressing climate change.

I have problems with the rest but most notably the highlighted part. The NYTimes still can not bring itself to be honest about him.

As I've noted many times, we have a President Trump because the NYTimes and so many others refused to be honest about Obama's failures and to hold him accountable for those failures.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:42 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
The NY Times is owned by a Mexican Billionaire. I wouldn't trust a word they print.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:57 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

He rescued an economy in crisis and passed the recovery program, pulled America back from its military overreach, passed the Affordable Care Act and committed the nation to addressing climate change.

I have problems with the rest but most notably the highlighted part. The NYTimes still can not bring itself to be honest about him.

As I've noted many times, we have a President Trump because the NYTimes and so many others refused to be honest about Obama's failures and to hold him accountable for those failures.
Even the first line is a bald-faced lie. He's not thoughtful or dignified (just look at how he and Michelle are undermining Trump) and his administration is anything but honest.

President Obama will be remembered as a thoughtful and dignified president who led a scrupulously honest administration that achieved major changes.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:09 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Why are people still reading the NY Times?

Old 12-23-2016, 06:43 PM

649 posts, read 316,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Even the first line is a bald-faced lie. He's not thoughtful or dignified (just look at how he and Michelle are undermining Trump) and his administration is anything but honest.

President Obama will be remembered as a thoughtful and dignified president who led a scrupulously honest administration that achieved major changes.
Not to hard to figure out why the NYT's is renting out their building is it ?

Old 12-23-2016, 08:00 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

That is why Obama wasn't anywhere near as successful as he could have been.

The left refused to be honest about him.

Case in point...Obama campaigned saying that he would allow 5 days of public debate before signing bills into law -- for public transparency and to develop better policy.

His very first bill - he signed instantly - and it was a non-emergency bill. The left gave him a free pass. The people who started cheering, chanting, and fainting when Obama proposed a 5 day waiting period refused to criticize him when he instantly broke it.

Obama then continued to disregard that easy to fulfill promise as he knew the left would give him zero reasons to fulfill the promise.

Meanwhile if someone brought up that Obama was breaking an easy to fulfill promise - the left would accuse that person of anything from racism to watching to much FoxNews.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:02 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post

Yep. A scrupulously honest administration that had a dozen sets of circumstances happen where everyone under investigation at the IRS for targeting accidentally had their hard drives damaged.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:07 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why are people still reading the NY Times?
You can't help it. Drudge links to it. Unless you look at the URL when the cursor hovers over the link, you don't know where you're going. I hate it when they link to a site you can't read unless you subscribe like the Wall Street Journal. The Los Angeles Times keeps asking me to subscribe because I've reached my limit. Why would I want to subscribe to them? I can't help it if Drudge keeps taking me there.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:32 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
From the article:

--------------------------------

Are they kidding? Per the bolded --- What a crock! His DOJ was corrupt to the core.

"Major changes"? Yeah, sure there were "major changes" and all of them were abysmal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections