Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times

Advertisements

Hillary just passed Obama in TX
HOT DAMN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 08:50 PM

98 posts, read 325,386 times
Oh yeahhhhh that is nice to see!!!! Go Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:03 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
WOOHOOO!!!!!!! I think she's going to win Texas. The exit poll demographics are in her favor and South Texas is notoriously slow to report. GO HILLARY!!!!!!!!!

On a personal note, the caucus at my precinct split the delegates down the middle, 7-7. There were 102 people in attendance; all of Obama's supporters except 3 were black and they were wearing tags from a particular church, being led into the caucus hall by their preacher. VERY interesting. Hillary's supporters were white, Asian, and Hispanic. One of Obama's white supporters got really, really nasty with the caucus chairman and then myself when we told him he didn't need to fill in his voter number (he didn't have it with him). He kept accusing us of messing up the vote, that he was going to call a TV station, blah-blah-blah. I even got an election person on the phone for him to explain again what we had told him and he STILL ranted.

There was an Obama campaign organizer in the room and I told him to get a grip on his supporter, grrrrr. Afterward, the organizer came and apologised to me for the guy's boorish behavior and said it isn't a reflection of their candidate. Ha! So much for the unifying factor!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
Yeah, I think as the votes from west TX start coming in it will be downhill for Obama.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Yeah, I think as the votes from west TX start coming in it will be downhill for Obama.
Not many people live out there (except El Paso) and remember it is delegates and caucuses that count, not just the popular vote.

1% of Houston has been counted, 30% of Austin, and 35% of Dallas - all are going Obama's way.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,800 times
Only 39% of the precincts have reported and they are still in dead heat. The results of the caucus votes have not been determined either. Even if she wins it will be such a small % that she'll still be behind Obama in the delegate count. She needs to end this. There is no way for her to catch up. All Clinton is doing is dividing the party.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Not many people live out there (except El Paso) and remember it is delegates and caucuses that count, not just the popular vote.

1% of Houston has been counted, 30% of Austin, and 35% of Dallas - all are going Obama's way.
Hey, how can you forget Fort Stockton (with their giant roadrunner)?

Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Hey, how can you forget Fort Stockton (with their giant roadrunner)?
And, oh yeah, with 100% of the votes counted in Loving County, Obama wins! 7 votes to 5. Take that Hillary Clinton!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
Only 39% of the precincts have reported and they are still in dead heat. The results of the caucus votes have not been determined either. Even if she wins it will be such a small % that she'll still be behind Obama in the delegate count. She needs to end this. There is no way for her to catch up. All Clinton is doing is dividing the party.
If Texas stays the way it is, I have a feeling party elders will have a talk with her. We've got Wyo and Miss. in the next week, Obama should win both. The delegate math is all against her. She could go out on a high note by withdrawing.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:23 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
there doesnt seem to be that many delegates seperating the two.maybe obama should step aside in the name of 'party unity'.....of course as a republican i hope they just keep fighting each other until the convention
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections