Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 11:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Good excuse for tRump to have many more rallies, something he is very good at,but actually running the country? not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 11:36 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Oh, good grief, are public tax dollars going to be spent on yet MORE Trump rallies? He should not be using Air Force One for such jaunts, and he needs to pay for Secret Service protection and local security whenever and wherever he shows up for ego-stroking. Local Republicans or whoever invites him (I do realize he usually invites himself) should pay for the rest.

Not outta my pocket.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Has it dawned on any of you this might just be a bogus story? I think it is called faux news?

tillman7: no one can even sensibly predict what will happen in the next year or so. You are posting based on your hopes and not on any facts.

To everyone else, no way would he seriously kick off a campaign based on 3 years down the road or even a couple of years. We have no idea what the future holds. I will bet if there is any truth to this, which there likely is not, the attendance will be on the slim side.

CraigCreek it doesn't really matter where he is or what he is doing we are paying for his secret service protection 24/7. As for air force 1, how about all the presidents who have used it for personal reasons, vacation, fund raisers etc. did they pay out of their pockets? Are you right, I think so, it is our money but is this any different than Obama or Bush or Clinton? No.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Has it dawned on any of you this might just be a bogus story? I think it is called faux news?
It's not fake news. It's the status quo. Now if you want to argue against that, I wouldn't blame people.

New role for president: Fundraiser in chief

The president is the main attraction at two events in the nation's capital for the Democratic National Committee, making for the first fundraising test for Obama since he took over the presidency two months ago

New role for president: Fundraiser in chief - CNN.com

Old 06-25-2017, 04:50 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump will not be President in about a year, because he's not a legitimate President. Donald Trump will be exposed as a FAKE President in about 6 months.
Rediculous. I hope he's not renominated but this stuff is eye rolling worthy.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:36 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think it is pitiful that anyone would be so ignorant about Hitler to compare him to Trump. I find it disrespectful to those that had family that suffered through the time that Hitler reigned. Do they no longer teach World History as a required subject?

It is in no way amusing either to make this comparison. I had a supervisor who related stories about stacks of bodies in the street and the fear of the people in her city.

Learn a little history: https://www.biography.com/people/adolf-hitler-9340144

One ends up making no headway in an argument if one has a desire to remain ignorant.

Still clinging to that are you? There is no such thing as a FAKE President. Didn't you predict that Hillary Clinton was going to be POTUS? Time to get the Windex and paper towels and clean off the crystal ball! I suppose through all the tears over the last several months that it is especially cloudy.

Too funny!
Hitler did not start out with bodies being piled in the streets. That came later on, several years after his election.

But his rallies happened before the election, and during the first to years of his rule was when the biggest rallies came. There were many, and they happened regionally all over Germany, culminating in the big national party rallies in Nuremberg in the arena built just for the purpose. The picture is one of those national rallies.

Like it or not, there are a lot of comparisons to Trump in Hitler's early years as leader of Germany. The rallies are just one of them.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:16 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
It still boggles the mind amount of stroking DT needs. What is even more un-nerving is that persons keep turning out in numbers to show their admiration and so forth.

Of course the world has seen this before; and one presumes many know what that unfortunate movement lead to:

That was truly pathetic. And the left will continue to lose elections because of the ignorance it took to post that link.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:27 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Trump 2020!

Old 06-26-2017, 08:50 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think it is pitiful that anyone would be so ignorant about Hitler to compare him to Trump. I find it disrespectful to those that had family that suffered through the time that Hitler reigned.
Did you also find it pitiful and disrespectful when people were so ignorant about Stalin to compare him to Obama?

Old 06-28-2017, 02:28 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Since there's a lot of doubt that he can even make it to 2020, this is more about lining his pockets, and profiting more from his White House "gig". This guy lives, breathes, and orgasms off of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections