Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2017, 03:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
If people continue with their ridiculous protest votes, and if the cultists remain stupid, he can win again.
The Obamaites/Hillaryites aren't a 'cult'? I you think Trump supporters are a 'cult' you don't know the definition, and by whatever definition you are using the Obamaites/Hillaryites are surely a cult too.

No, we just support the President because of his pro-America, agenda, which is something we haven't seen in years; certainly not from Obama, who was decidedly anti-american, and so is the entire Democrat Party.

Also noted, Wa-Po is no longer fake news to the cultists.[/quote]

Really? Because of one columnist's opinion (who probably contributes to other publications as well)? That does not mitigate the multiplicity of lies and false stories they have published in the past.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:52 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
The sad truth is that Trump can win reelection and only a fool would not take that prospect seriously. Democrats need to bring their A game in 2020.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:09 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
I would almost say it is in the bag. Michigan, Pennslyvania and Wisconsin are not going to come back easily, and the Dems are going in the wrong direction, doing everything they can to alienate whites.

Minnesota will be next.

States like Arizona and Nevada are going to see a fall off of thousands of illegal voters due to the fact that more are now going home than coming.

Florida, however, which was looking more solidly red, might turn purple again due to the influx of Puerto Ricans.

Still, I would say Trump has a pretty good hand.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:38 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I would almost say it is in the bag. Michigan, Pennslyvania and Wisconsin are not going to come back easily, and the Dems are going in the wrong direction, doing everything they can to alienate whites.

Minnesota will be next.

States like Arizona and Nevada are going to see a fall off of thousands of illegal voters due to the fact that more are now going home than coming.

Florida, however, which was looking more solidly red, might turn purple again due to the influx of Puerto Ricans.

So you assume that Trump is not going to have an entire field of Republicans willing to run against him in the Primary? He has to win THAT first. You see this time around he will have to deal with his record from the past 4 years.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:49 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,322,066 times
My entire family were Bernie supporters, who voted for Hillary in the General. Also, anybody BUT Trump. Ever hear of the Ross Perot effect? By voting Third Party it would take away votes from Hillary and be an indirect vote for Trump.

Who is the most likely to win and beat the candidate who you dislike the most? Third Party candidate or the other Political Party candidate? I suppose you can correlate it to a chess game.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:14 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
NOTHING would surprise me anymore. One thing his win taught me, never under estimate the ignorance and fear of white America. So yes, I could see him being re-elected, or worse yet, Pence becoming president. My only condolence is that I will retire soon after the next election and can get the hell out of here.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:58 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Here's an interesting opinion piece written by a Democratic political strategist -

"In 2016, Trump capitalized on this changing political environment. He consolidated the growing number of angry voters who felt let down by the people and institutions that control power in the country. Trump’s support from these voters is personal, not ideological. That explains their willingness to stick with him despite his failures of leadership."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.191eff7f5f63

BTW, a lot of us disagree with the failure of leadership meme you libs like to throw around. You pretend that the GOP's failure to push through Obamacare light is a failure when many of us are content to watch it implode on it's own.
They are right for once.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:13 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

Minnesota will be next.

Excellent assessment. I doubt FL turns though as , in all likelihood, % of newbies who vote is lower than state average, mitigating some affect. In addition, redder areas of Fl spike turnout partly to insure , despite the influx, their voices are heard.

In 11 months though, Dems have simply doubled down on what cost them wwc vote.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:24 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No he won't, you do know it is an Opinion Piece don't ya, and they and you have Your Opinion, so do the rest of us. Trump will not be re-elected, the odds are he will not, or won't be able to, run again and IF he were to he would not stand a chance in Hades of winning. Be content with whatever it is we are getting now, a change will be forthcoming.
It's always amusing to hear from the "he has no path to victory" crowd. I would bet they are the same fools who, about 5 years ago, were cawing and caterwauling about the great blue wall.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:07 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
You are completely clueless. Where I work a lot of our customers are coal mines and he is already bringing those jobs. Coal is booming. Obango's War on Coal was killing the industry and now Obango is irrelevant
Coal business is NOT booming

It's a fading and almost non existent industry and that's not going to change. Especially as technology continues to progress

It's not happening and you really shouldn't want it to happen because it's killing people. Get black lung disease then want to use Obamacare. Contradiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections