Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 10:05 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
110,000,000 live in the South. And you just said they don't care about pedophiles.

You guys really go off the deep end when you don't get your way.
My whole family lives in Alabama and Mississippi, and my family is huge. None of my relatives will vote for Moore because they believe the women. I'm guessing most men will vote for Moore because they don't believe the women who came forward.....because women have no credibility when it comes to this

Old 12-06-2017, 07:47 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I think and have said before that many people who likely don't want to vote for Moore are not making that known publicly because of the climate
Hopefully when they go to vote and it's just conscience in there with them they will vote Jones

The fact that Trump and Bannon have come out to support Moore just show how the mainstream GOP is creating problems for itself in 2018 and 2020
They want to destroy the GOP and replace it with a more tribal and regressive party--
Good luck--go for it--I think that shows the racist and mysogenist attitudes that can only benefit the DNC--if not in Alabama then in other areas of the country...

Old 12-06-2017, 08:29 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Alabama will elect Moore in less than a week and confirm to the rest of the US and world what everyone outside the state always thought about it.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Who would be strong enough to counteract Trump's support of Moore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Where is Atticus Finch when you need him?
He'd go over like a pregnant pole vaulter in Bama.

Them boys ain't got no use fer no civil rights champions.

Too many Pubs down thataway.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think and have said before that many people who likely don't want to vote for Moore are not making that known publicly because of the climate
Hopefully when they go to vote and it's just conscience in there with them they will vote Jones

The fact that Trump and Bannon have come out to support Moore just show how the mainstream GOP is creating problems for itself in 2018 and 2020
They want to destroy the GOP and replace it with a more tribal and regressive party--
Good luck--go for it--I think that shows the racist and mysogenist attitudes that can only benefit the DNC--if not in Alabama then in other areas of the country...
You REALLY think tRumplestiltskin isn't in the mainstream of what the Pub party has become?

It's him and ol' Roy leading things.

And all those Pubs in congress get right in step.

Pubs are VERY compliant followers.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:43 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You REALLY think tRumplestiltskin isn't in the mainstream of what the Pub party has become?

It's him and ol' Roy leading things.

And all those Pubs in congress get right in step.

Pubs are VERY compliant followers.

Yeah I remember all those non-compliant congressional Dems during Obama's 8-year reign.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:37 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I say that with this much smoke there has to be a fire but what gets me is that this is America and a person is innocent until proven guilty but of course politics is played out in the court of public opinion.

What really gets me is that the anti Trump people and media are flipping out that he is supporting an accused sexual predator but the thing is Trump is supporting Moore because he is a fellow Rep. no more more less.

I think it is nice to see Trump supporting an embattled fellow party member when so many from his own party are out to get him.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:58 PM

Trump is supporting Moore because he knows he needs all the GOP members he can cramb into the House and Senate to avoid impeachment

He doesn't care if Moore committed any sexual assaults or harassment actions
He doesn't care if Moore is a racist or wants to revert back to Old Testiment times as long as he has the big R beside his name on the voting card...

Plus Bannon is supporting Moore--so that's enough for Trump
Those two are still tight...

PS--there is no court that will ever try Moore on any criminal charges from so long ago
Which is why Moore won't sue any of those women for defamation of character--
He does not want to be sworn under oath for depositions any more than Trump does...

Old 12-09-2017, 08:13 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump is supporting Moore because he knows he needs all the GOP members he can cramb into the House and Senate to avoid impeachment

He doesn't care if Moore committed any sexual assaults or harassment actions
He doesn't care if Moore is a racist or wants to revert back to Old Testiment times as long as he has the big R beside his name on the voting card...

Plus Bannon is supporting Moore--so that's enough for Trump
Those two are still tight...

PS--there is no court that will ever try Moore on any criminal charges from so long ago
Which is why Moore won't sue any of those women for defamation of character--
He does not want to be sworn under oath for depositions any more than Trump does...

And not a single one of these women have offered any irrefutable proof that Moore assaulted any of them. Anyone in America can make blatantly false accusations against anyone else. It happens every single day. That is why the accused is always assumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That's how our justice system works.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:36 PM

Understand the phrase "statute of limitations"--
Even if there were photos of Roy Moore assaulting the girls in his tidy whites the time has long passed to press any criminal charges...
So he is safe from that
He can press CIVIL charges against the women for defamation of character--
Since they are claiming he did something that might stain his reputation (especially if he loses)--but that is civil--he is an attorney and knows the law--so he knows he can't be tried for any abuse charges after this length of time
And I suspect you do too...

Roy Moore is being judged in the court of public opinion--
That is a risk anyone who runs for public office takes on entering the arena and being in the public eye...
If he thinks what they are saying are lies that besmirch his pristine character--he can sue
Let a jury decide who is the truth teller...him or the women...
But he won't do that even if he loses the election...and certainly not if he wins...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections