Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Please. No one has believed that logo since May 2003.
I didn't even believe it before that.
In fact, it was clear my first time watching it.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 01:57 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
I like how Chris Wallace defended Obama by saying that these statements were more complicated than FoxNews was making them out to be.

Complicated? Valiant try Chris, but these are Fox News viewers. To them, this is a world of yes or no, black or white, right or wrong, ooga-booga or unga-bunga, etc.

To them, nuance are the Catholic women who wear habits and live in convents.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:02 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
I do think Obama has gotten unfair treatment from the media, and he's been a gentleman with his classy response.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 PM

558 posts, read 385,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
They guy walked off because he could not get it his point across. Way to stretch this on out guys. He was not making a good point anyway. He was making excuses and got mad. Looks like he was the immature one.
2 Hours of Obama Bashing. These FOX people has A POLITICAL AGENDA. And they can't make it more obvious. Focuing on 2 words and not listening to the whole statement. FOLKS OBAMA IS HALF WHITE! OR DID WE FORGET THAT!
Fox Fair and Balanced? Even CHRIS WALLACE is getting sick of his news network overkilling something that was taken out of text. Fox is NOT Fair and NOT balanced. They have violated the very core principles of journalism in the US.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I like how Chris Wallace defended Obama by saying that these statements were more complicated than FoxNews was making them out to be.

Complicated? Valiant try Chris, but these are Fox News viewers. To them, this is a world of yes or no, black or white, right or wrong, ooga-booga or unga-bunga, etc.

To them, nuance are the Catholic women who wear habits and live in convents.
It's interesting that you mention this.
I remember seeing Alan Colmes (from the Hannity and Colmes show) talking to Shep Smith about his new book and Shep asked Alan "Do you think conservatives are mean?"

Colmes looked uncomfortable for a moment then replied (forgive me, I'm paraphrasing) "It's not that they are mean, it's that liberals think in shades of gray, while conservatives think in terms of black and white."

I thought that comment was very insightful and generally right on the money. Look a few prime examples:

Conservative: "You are either with us on the War on Terror or you are against us."

Conservative: "America love it or leave it"

Conservative: "Illegal aliens broke the law by comming here so they should all be shipped home"

Conservative: "Abortion is WRONG, period"

Liberal: "No the Europeans didn't support us in the invasion of Iraq because they doubted that Saddam really had WMD's - or at the very least that he should have been given more time to prove he didn't have them"

Liberal: "I love America but there are things about it I don't like"

Liberal: "Yes illegal aliens broke the law when they came here, but if they have not broken the law since, then they should have a path to citizenship granted to them"

Liberal: "Yes, killing a baby is wrong, but a fetus is not a baby to begin with"

This became all the more interesting when I found out that neuroscientists have indeed found that the brains of Liberals and Conservatives show different functionality and that with this biological componant it's quite possible that political orientation - like sexual orientation - is to some degree biologically driven. This makes sense if indeed the way people think about politics is partially based on the personality of the person rather than purely on the strength of argument the 2 different political positions. It also explains why folks drawn to certain vocations tend to Liberal while those drawn to other vocations are more often Conservative. For example those who's brain patterns evoke a more "shotgun" (wide-ranging, all over the place) thought process tend to be more creative and free-thinking are drawn toward things like the arts (and it's pretty clear that the "arts" is dominated by Liberals), while those who prefer structure and Step-by-step thinking are drawn towards things like engineering and the military (the later at least having a reputation for Conservative viewpoints).

All in all pretty interesting. - and it's clear that any society needs BOTH types of thinkers.

Ken

Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
As far as the second video goes... Chris was just pointing out that he felt they spent too much time discussing the "typical" comment, mainly due to Gretchen going on and on about it, rather than focusing on the breach of Obama's passport info.
And today it comes out that Hillary's passport info was also breached, but that barely gets a mention. Is Obama **special** or what?

Old 03-21-2008, 02:30 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
2 Hours of Obama Bashing. These FOX people has A POLITICAL AGENDA. And they can't make it more obvious. Focuing on 2 words and not listening to the whole statement. FOLKS OBAMA IS HALF WHITE! OR DID WE FORGET THAT!
Fox Fair and Balanced? Even CHRIS WALLACE is getting sick of his news network overkilling something that was taken out of text. Fox is NOT Fair and NOT balanced. They have violated the very core principles of journalism in the US.
Well im glad you can read. Did you watch the actual show?

It was not two hours of Obama bashing.

They read the whole statement and showed it on TV four times.

They were having a discussion that many viewers were watching.

Fox news leans less to the right then all the other stations to the left.

Fair and Balanced no but it is the closest.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:31 PM

558 posts, read 385,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
And today it comes out that Hillary's passport info was also breached, but that barely gets a mention. Is Obama **special** or what?
Yes they have. I'm listening to it right now. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:36 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Are you sure it was Hillary's? I read it was Obama's passport info that was breached by a government contractor. Condoleeza Rice was all apologetic about it. Either way it's wrong for such a thing to take place. As for the media, I hardly ever pay much attention to it.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:38 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I do think Obama has gotten unfair treatment from the media, and he's been a gentleman with his classy response.
He certainly has! They haven't even BEGUN to make up stories about him yet! Wait until they start inventing things!

Their treatment of the Clintons takes the cake as far as "invented" stories go.

Since Obama is having problems keeping up with the factual stuff, it's going to be a real hoot watching him once they start bringing out the parade of people he has supposedly done something with in the past.

If they can makeup stuff about McCain and Clinton, Obama is not going to get off without the same treatment. (Just remember McCain's recent non-affair with the lobbyist that hit the NYT front page!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections