Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will become the next governor of Florida?
Andrew Gillum 43 44.79%
Ron DeSantis 53 55.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 06:01 PM

126 posts, read 142,520 times

Advertisements

Gillum, King vow to defend migrant caravan. Gillum wants to make Florida a Sanctuary State!
https://floridianpress.com/2018/10/g...grant-caravan/

Old 11-03-2018, 06:04 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk35 View Post
Where do they find these unstable staffer people. total melt down
Notice the buttons on her jacket the

Andrew Gillum staffer Shelby Shoup was arrested and charged with battery after going on a profanity-laced tirade, throwing chocolate milk on Florida State University College Republicans, and kicking over the sign of Republican Florida gubernatorial candidate Ron DeSantis.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...blicans-video/
Are you kidding?

In all liklihood, Democrats everywhere will be coming out of the woodwork to make excuses, lie and cheer this inappropriate behavior on. After cheering on the most despicable, low-down, disgusting political conduct any of us have ever seen during the Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS confirmation process, what level will these people not stoop to?

This is the new normal for the Democrat left. They are for mobs over jobs every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Are you kidding?

In all liklihood, Democrats everywhere will be coming out of the woodwork to make excuses, lie and cheer this inappropriate behavior on. After cheering on the most despicable, low-down, disgusting political conduct any of us have ever seen during the Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS confirmation process, what level will these people not stoop to?

This is the new normal for the Democrat left. They are for mobs over jobs every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
I haven't seen it, have you? She got arrested as she should have.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:55 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm a happy Trump supporter who will vote for him in 2020 (as of now), but I voted for Gillum the other day.

I am surprised by that.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:17 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Thankfully, governorships other than ours have no impact on our lives.

If the people of FL elect Gillum, either by voting for him or staying home, they deserve what they get.

Besides, the Dems can certainly use a few more governorships. Crikey.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has divided our country so much that I’m not sure we will ever get over this hatred he spews daily. No president should take pride in dividing our country. With that said, I voted to re-elect our republican governor because he is a moderate
Do you live in Maryland or Massachusetts , i can never remember .

Old 11-03-2018, 08:09 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The media has divided the country.
Oh please. We have a president who degrades and insults anyone who disagrees with him. These are the evil people according to him. He outright lies about everything including his scare tactics about democrats. His rallies are full of hatred which he encourages. It's actually pretty scary to hear the hatred from them. So tell me why the media is responsible for dividing our country and Trump is so innocent

Old 11-03-2018, 08:54 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk35 View Post
Gillum, King vow to defend migrant caravan. Gillum wants to make Florida a Sanctuary State!
https://floridianpress.com/2018/10/g...grant-caravan/
Nowhere in the article you posted does it quote either Gillum or King saying they would defend the migrant caravan.
Did you even bother to read the article or just the headline?

Yellow journalism.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:10 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Florida has almost always voted for Republicans in statewide elections this century, except for Nelson in his prior Senate races and Obama in his two presidential contests. This would suggest DeSantis has a small advantage. But Gillum is a different type of Democratic nominee than Florida has seen before, and probably is well suited to getting lower propensity, nonwhite, urban voters to show up.

I expect the polls have probably overstated Gillum's support, but he may very well win - it should be really close either way. DeSantis does not come across as a particularly compelling Republican, other than linking himself strongly to the president which is exactly what a sizable share of voters like to see. Hopefully whoever gets elected will focus on Florida's key issues (absolutely including the red tide) and not grandstanding.

You hit the nail on the head, DeSantis is a very lukewarm candidate, not inspiring at all. Gillum handed him his lunch in those debates, DeSantis left whimpering and couldn't come up with any good answers. Him holding hands with Trump may have not worked out the way he hoped, either. Trump is the kiss of death right now.

I think Gillum would make a very good Governor. He seems energetic, intelligent, hard working, and strong. He will stand up to Trump and do the right things for us here. I hope enough other voters agree with me.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:14 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,553,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Most Dems are in favor of protecting the environment and combating climate change while the GOP are in obvious denial or paid by corporate interests to look the other way.

Gillum is definitely your guy if you want someone who will combat red tide, NOT Desantis.

According to the environment scorecard based on how politicians voted for or against the environment, DeSantis got a 3% out of 100% (lower % means more anti-environment) while fellow Floridian Senator Nelson got 95% out of 100%.

Ron DeSantis | League of Conservation Voters Scorecard
Bill Nelson | League of Conservation Voters Scorecard

Gillum has no record on the national level yet but you can bet he will vote like how Dems do....
Yet, The Everglades Trust is behind Ron Desantis...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections