Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 06:12 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Interesting link. It really shows that these elections will be determined by non affiliated voters. While everyone focuses on how many democrats vs how many republicans, the unaffiliated are deciding the race in my opinion.
So much for this being determined by a "Blue wave".

Old 10-29-2018, 06:16 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yep. Some people will have to decide who they want to believe about this. CNN and the Washington Post on one hand, or the Florida Division of Elections. Silly me, I am going to go with the latter.
One thing to note is the GOP advantage is declining everyday. The GOP actually had an edge going in early voting as of 10/30 in 2016 (from what I can pull from the 2016 data).

Would like to see the day by day breakdown of the early voting in the 2014 and 2016 cycle. What can be found is primarily the full data at the end of each cycle, although might be able to find some more doing enough digging.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:41 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Does the FL Div of Elections give out numbers of people who have voted so far at any given day?

Yes. It's a running total. Split by party.

https://countyballotfiles.elections....ts/PublicStats

Old 10-29-2018, 07:00 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Interesting link. It really shows that these elections will be determined by non affiliated voters. While everyone focuses on how many democrats vs how many republicans, the unaffiliated are deciding the race in my opinion.
Yea, since I’m an unaffiliated voter, I love that!

Generally I read about the candidates in the “big” races and vote for the person whom I think will do the best job for the people and who seems to be the most honest.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
One thing to note is the GOP advantage is declining everyday. The GOP actually had an edge going in early voting as of 10/30 in 2016 (from what I can pull from the 2016 data).

Would like to see the day by day breakdown of the early voting in the 2014 and 2016 cycle. What can be found is primarily the full data at the end of each cycle, although might be able to find some more doing enough digging.
Good point, but this is a really an unusual voting year, so harder to predict.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:03 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Yea, since I’m an unaffiliated voter, I love that!

Generally I read about the candidates in the “big” races and vote for the person whom I think will do the best job for the people and who seems to be the most honest.
That is me too. I am also an unaffilliated voter.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
I think its 2 tiered
1. More blacks are voting simply because the democratic candidate for governor is a black woman
2. More GOP folks are voting because we don't want her turning our state into California or Illinois or New York. She wants to raise taxes,blow up historical monuments,turn ALL healthcare over to the government,She named a county that DOESN'T EXIST in Georgia. She has called for guns like the AR-15 to be banned etc. Thank god we have a majority GOP legislature so she will pretty much be a lame duck governor her 4 years there IF she wins.I think the polls are full of crap.
You must not have read the comprehensive article about Stacy Abrams in Time Magazine. It was a glowing review of her intelligence and government experience. Maybe you don’t want her because she’s a woman or a very smart black woman??

Old 10-29-2018, 07:17 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
You must not have read the comprehensive article about Stacy Abrams in Time Magazine. It was a glowing review of her intelligence and government experience. Maybe you don’t want her because she’s a woman or a very smart black woman??

Time Magazine? Irrelevant. It's an "opinion" from the same magazine that said the same thing about Hillary too.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:21 PM

391 posts, read 158,755 times
Quote:
1. I don't read Time magazine except when I am EXTREMELY bored and I forgot a book or my phone in the car
2. I clearly stated why I don't want her as governor.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:24 PM

391 posts, read 158,755 times
Quote:
Virtually everything you wrote above are untruths, put out by the dishonest Kemp campaign.
Well thanks for your OPINION.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The RCP poll average has had Kemp (R) up over Abrams (D) in every poll except one, which was tied, but it is still a close race. Reading the early voting from above, who is getting the turnout edge? Can you tell?
I can't tell but I got a real good feeling the polls are BS on this race...just like Florida's are. Its the fascination with her possibly being the first black woman governor etc. Up where I live I have seen maybe 2 Abrams signs...all the rest is Kemp signs. I think Kemp wins by at least 4 or 5 points. He completely blew out our sitting Lt Governor thank god and I think the GOP electorate is scared of what Abrams will do as governor and are turning out like crazy. My parents already sent in their straight GOP ballots and me and the wife vote on election day. I would be SHOCKED if Abrams won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections