Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
No wonder I am a "former" democrat, the party is full of nuts and do nothings. The new democrat party and its members should be ashamed of what they have done. And the new young voters everyone raves about voting for Obama, well they are generation F, as in generation freaks who cannot seem to do anything right much less make a decision on who should run our country.
We need to move to voting age to 30 until this generation F of terrible kids born in the late 80's and early 90's gets to 30 and grow up !
Democrats better wake up because I can see McCain and the congress going back to the republicans for their lack of doing anything they promised us all they would do.
The congress has NO chance of going to the republicans in the next election.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
For years and years this segment of the fringe, kook left supported and defended the Clintons from the "vast right wing conspiracy".

It is just very satisfying and illustrative to now see them turn on one of their own.

They demonstrate how truly viscious, intolerant and just plain nasty they are.

It's obvious they are in the can for Obama. It's Clinton's turn to be the target.

If they're "viscious". intolerant and just plain nasty then why would they turn on Rhodes? Wouldn't they support her? Your "logic" is truly Republican.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:15 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Doesn't that tell you something about our voters?

These group of dems have done ziltch, turned their heads on important issues, want to create more government and not less and when Nancy Pelosi wanted to tack on hidden money to our rebate it just shows me what this group is made of.

They are totally useless and need to be removed by voting them out.
Look at how things have changed since they took control, economy and everything else has went to he-- in a hand basket because they have failed and not delievered on the promises they made.

Why would people vote for these dems when they know they are complete and utterly terrible? Tells me we have some very poor informed voters.

They are a huge reason we voted for them because they promised more jobs, yet they want to overkill business growth by taxing the businesses that give us jobs to death. They hate the same companies that gives us jobs.

They have done nothing good for us and need to be voted out asap.

Also, if these dems cannot work with some of the reps to get things passed what does that tell you. The reps were always able to get a few of the dems to role with them on key issues, this group of dems cannot even get along with themselves let alone get a few rep to vote with them.

They are a disaster group of power hungry useless overpaid people.

Perfect example: Minimum wage issue that is haunting Hillary today. They wanted more pay for no skills people, boy did they get it, now these same people get less work, less hours and no more pay. Min. wage needs to be 5.00 per hour for a reason. And these dems want it to get to 7.50 per hour. What a huge stupid mistake!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Doesn't that tell you something about our voters?

These group of dems have done ziltch, turned their heads on important issues, want to create more government and not less and when Nancy Pelosi wanted to tack on hidden money to our rebate it just shows me what this group is made of.

They are totally useless and need to be removed by voting them out.
Look at how things have changed since they took control, economy and everything else has went to he-- in a hand basket because they have failed and not delievered on the promises they made.

Why would people vote for these dems when they know they are complete and utterly terrible? Tells me we have some very poor informed voters.

They are a huge reason we voted for them because they promised more jobs, yet they want to overkill business growth by taxing the businesses that give us jobs to death. They hate the same companies that gives us jobs.

They have done nothing good for us and need to be voted out asap.

Also, if these dems cannot work with some of the reps to get things passed what does that tell you. The reps were always able to get a few of the dems to role with them on key issues, this group of dems cannot even get along with themselves let alone get a few rep to vote with them.

They are a disaster group of power hungry useless overpaid people.

Perfect example: Minimum wage issue that is haunting Hillary today. They wanted more pay for no skills people, boy did they get it, now these same people get less work, less hours and no more pay. Min. wage needs to be 5.00 per hour for a reason. And these dems want it to get to 7.50 per hour. What a huge stupid mistake!
You blame Democrats for what has or hasn't happened in the last 6 months(you are in error, they did quite a bit which you haven't bothered to research)....but you ignore the last 7 years of Republican rule as what? Nothing? The Democrats were supposed to clean up the Repug mess in 6 months??

The DEMOCRATS can't work with the repugs???They have done much work across the aisle...too bad the repugs won't reciprocate. I think you have done NO research, no reading, certainly no thinking, just drinking the kool-ade.....

If the Democrats haven't done anything(according to you) then why are you blaming them for the bad economy?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hmmm. I'd say the economy is much worse since the dem took control of congress in 2006.

Let's see. This administration had had great economic times as well, until recently. Low welfare, high employment, we will have peace - through strength. There is no recession. Inflation, especially in food costs, blame that on the environmentalists/dems/lib (corn/Ethanol anyone?).

Let's see - mortgage meltdown. Who was that suggested to the lenders to loosen up their financial/lending criteria so more low-income, poor borrowers could afford homes?

High gas; again, blame it on the enviros/dems/libs. Can't drill in anwar, the gulf, calif. Can't use nuclear. Coal is nasty, No building of refineries.

Sounds to me like this country has a REALLY WEAK leader!!

Sorry, the economy downturn didn't just start in the last 6 months...

if the repugs are so great ...

and the Democrats haven't done anything ....

then why all the bad news?????

Old 04-04-2008, 09:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
If they're "viscious". intolerant and just plain nasty then why would they turn on Rhodes? Wouldn't they support her? Your "logic" is truly Republican.
Let me clarify. The left, of which Rhodes is the kook-fringe, are turning on the Clinton's.

As I said, extremely satisfying.

Sorry - "vicious"

Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04
The Senate has 34 seats up for grabs, 22 Republican and 12 Democrat. Only Mary Landrieu (La.) looks to be in trouble among the Democrats. Meanwhile, Va., NH, and NM look to be almost sure pickups for the Democrats. With current Republican seats in Minn, Colo.,Ma., Neb, NC. Ken., and Ore all looking to be possibilities. Add some of these, to their current advantage of 51-49 and a filibuster proof majority of 60 seats is, though a long shot, not beyond the realm of possibility.

Last edited by Upton; 04-04-2008 at 09:45 PM..

Old 04-04-2008, 09:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Sorry, the economy downturn didn't just start in the last 6 months...

if the repugs are so great ...

and the Democrats haven't done anything ....

then why all the bad news?????
This economy has been very, very good. Since 9/11, and remember the financial instability after the attacks, things have been pretty darn good. Low employment rate, low interest rates, great GDP growth, lower taxes, great stock market. No economy, no matter who is president can continue such tremendous growth for so long. And also, you can't give all the blame to the president, just as he can't get all the credit either. There is congress and the American consumer.

The one element that started the downturn - energy prices. Well, congress should do something about that, shouldn't they? But, they won't. They would rather see people hurting than to risk getting back the White House.

You have to realize that the media has a lot to do with perception as well. All they want to report is the bad news, whether that be about the economy, Iraq, energy.

I find this poll very interesting;

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/04/us...in&oref=slogin

Click on the link under the tag "Multimedia" on the left side of page.

81% say wrong track

but
72% rate their financial situation as good.

You will probably find that true in most polls - people say the economy is horrible, but they themselves as doing well.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:58 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
I thought I saw a topic around here somewhere that was about Randi Rhodes getting the boot? Anyone seen something like that around here?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Default Right On Randi

Why is it that people fear and reject the truth? Randi Rhodes is one of the most, if not the most forthcoming person I've ever heard. There is not one statment she has ever made that cannot be fact checked and she urges her listeners to do just that. She might come off in a way that seems to be off-putting by the lilly livered so they can just change stations. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would put aside any biased opinion you might have of the brilliant woman and listen to the content of what she discusses. As for the Hillary thing, Randi has always stated that she would back which ever candidate was nominated. I happened to be listening on the day that she was almost in tears explaining that Hillary had accused Obama of something that his camp never did and turned out Hillary's camp did. Something to do with her insuring the Canadian government that she would not change any of the free trade agreements no matter what he heard her say during the campaign. Kind of a "wink, wink" moment. Anyway, they spread the word that Obama did this and it was not true...it was her!

The final straw for Randi was that assinine story Hillary told about dodging sniper fire.
You have to respect Randi for speaking truth to power. At least realize that she will not give up for Hillary just because Hillary calls herself a Democrat and that she is a woman.

Doesn't anyone admire truth anymore??? Randi might be a bit gritty, but she has more integrity in her pinky than most people have in total. She is admired and respected by many other admired and respected people and I for one think that we could use a lot more people like her speaking out. She offended some??? Give me a break. Shouldn't we all be offended by the way this country has been governed these past few years? I'm disgusted, Randi is disgusted and you should be too if you consider yourself a patriotic American. Air America will be the losers. Rande will be given countless forums to air her views and she has enough loyal listeners to keep her in the limelight.

Whether you are on the right, left or in the middle concerning politics, you should be outraged at any "freedom of speech" infringements because it is an assault on all Americans.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-04-2008 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections