Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 07:19 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times

Advertisements

Apparently, the law has been on the books for over a year. Please explain why the Tribal Leaders haven't named or numbered all the roads on the Reservation, and assigned addresses to every home on the roads!
How do Emergency Services find the homes, without road names or numbers, and house addresses? How do the residents tell the fire department or ambulance or tribal law enforcement where they are needed?
IMO, the Tribal Leaders are responsible for the lack of street addresses! They can blame nobody but themselves!
I really doubt that the republican party had anything to do with it!
Why haven't the Tribal Members demanded that the address system be implemented?
So many "why"s, so few answers...

Old 11-02-2018, 07:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Feel free to cite any instances of massive vote suppression by Democrats.
Voter suppression may not be the Democrats bigger game, at least not in modern history. Jim Crow era, they were absolutely notorious for it, but that's a long time ago. Cheating and trying to allow illegals to vote is probably their biggest problem presently. There are several highly Democrat local areas that are outright giving the vote to illegals and non-citizen residents. They're going for the long-game slow creep, but keeping it to local and school board elections for now, but I think we all know where that is going. They'll be demanding that these non-citizens be allowed to vote for House, Senate, Governor and POTUS soon enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9DeQsH280

Truth is, I knew I wouldn't have to search for long. Both parties are more than happy to put their thumb on the scale to help their chances of victory. I was a little surprised that CNN was the ones reporting on it though. The Democrats are certainly guilty of locking Left-leaning Independents out of their primaries, not by accident but because the party bosses want to control the outcomes. In primaries, the Democrats are built to be much less Democratic than Republicans, with super-delegates for POTUS nominations and all sorts of trickery to keep the party elite in control of the process. And who can ever forget what happened to Bernie Sanders in 2016?

You don't need to look far for other examples. Just go the the Wikipedia article on Voter Suppression and you'll find this: "In 2006, four employees of the John Kerry campaign were convicted of slashing the tires of 25 vans rented by the Wisconsin state Republican Party which were to be used for driving Republican voters and monitors to the polls. At the campaign workers' sentencing, Judge Michael B. Brennan told the defendants, "Voter suppression has no place in our country. Your crime took away that right to vote for some citizens." "

I'd say give the article read. You'll find the Dems do their fair share of trying to lie, cheat and gerrymander their way into power. It is exactly as I said: Both parties are garbage. They are both more than happy to cheat like there's no tomorrow. And you're not going to find me defending it on either side of the aisle.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:23 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
North Dakota was highlighted for spreading false rumors trying to get hunters( gun owners) not to vote lest they lose their hunting privileges. Talk about your DNC department of dirty tricks....

Old 11-02-2018, 08:28 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
There are large numbers in North Dakota facing a rule about a street address.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/19/o...voting-id.html

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...otans-to-vote/

And I think 50,000 Georgians culled by Brian Kemp.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/bri...-of-them-black

But I wonder how many thousands overall? Or millions?

I'll head off any yelps about fraud by pointing out, yet again, that voter fraud by Democrats is almost non-existent, but voter suppression by Republicans is rampant, although usually not as blatant as Kemp.

Will the DNC be posting members of the New Black Panther Party outside polling places?

Old 11-02-2018, 08:35 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
NC has on the ballot a question concerning whether we want a photo ID to be required for voting....the issue of course is ease of voting for all vs fear of voter fraud without photo ID...

...there are apparently many with no photo ID...so if it is required they aren't allowed to vote...

Old 11-02-2018, 08:36 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Is anybody keeping track of how many illegals and dead people vote Democrat?

Old 11-02-2018, 08:45 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Voting ID is a good idea but needs to be implemented with a FREE ID. Otherwise it is a poll tax.

The late disqualifications are a blatant attempt as are the restricting polling places in poor black counties.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:51 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Aren't the people we're assuming are too poor to get an ID also the people who are most likely to be on public assistance? How are they getting this assistance without an ID? I'm all for the idea of free voter ID cards with proof of citizenship, I'm just not sure why they're necessary. People should be able to use the photo ID they use for their public assistance as their voter ID.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:51 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Feel free to cite any instances of massive vote suppression by Democrats.
Please feel free to show any instance of Republicans standing outside polls with batons trying to scare people.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
There are large numbers in North Dakota facing a rule about a street address.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/19/o...voting-id.html

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...otans-to-vote/

And I think 50,000 Georgians culled by Brian Kemp.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/bri...-of-them-black

But I wonder how many thousands overall? Or millions?

I'll head off any yelps about fraud by pointing out, yet again, that voter fraud by Democrats is almost non-existent, but voter suppression by Republicans is rampant, although usually not as blatant as Kemp.
Voter fraud suppression is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections