Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:16 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times

Advertisements

who is Obama??why does he keep saying one thing in public
then his advisors tell another story to other countries?
First he says he will go with public funding for the general election now he is back peddling.
then he says he will end NAFTA if there is not reform
but an advisor tells Canada says this is only "political rhetoric" pay no attention to what he says in the debate
he changed his story three times
he said there was "no meeting" and lied for 4 days
it was only after a memo reported by AP
that he then said there was a meeting, but he blamed Hillary Clinton instead of talking responsibility
he ran off the stage when the media pounced on it
he was shocked that they even questioned him!
Now his foreign policy advisor is on tape of saying ending the war was only a "worse case scenario"
when asked he again blamed Hillary Clinton
he talks out of both sides of his mouth
who is this guy??
He does not sound like who he is desperately trying to sell the voters!
It just intensifies my distrust of him
the media is now holding him a bit more accountable
and I am waiting for the next story and how he will blame Hillary
if he thinks this is going to get easier he is in LA LA land
what would it be like if this crap happens if he was up against McCain!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,612 times
but it was HillBilly who rang up the Canadians to say "no worries on NAFTA";

Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
but it was HillBilly who rang up the Canadians to say "no worries on NAFTA";
Yeah... Except she didn't: globeandmail.com: Clinton camp never briefed Ottawa, official says (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080308.NAFTA08/TPStory/National - broken link)

"OTTAWA -- The campaign of Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton never briefed Canadian officials on its position on NAFTA, unlike the team of rival Barack Obama, according to a spokesman for Prime Minister Stephen Harper."

Old 03-08-2008, 11:33 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,316,506 times
Yeah... who exactly is this guy? I never heard of him until the campaign. I don't trust him because he is trying to sell hopes and dreams based on change to those who are still naive and he does not support his statements with anything of substance... just more talk about hopes, dreams and change. I want substance. Hopes and dreams won't put food on the table or a roof over your head. I want less talk and more action. Emthy rhetoric is all he has to offer... nothing substantial to back this man up.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:05 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Here's the thing that really upsets me. If McCain or Hillary wins, they're pretty much known quantities, they're moderates, and we don't have to worry about them doing something outrageous.

But if Obama wins, we really have NO IDEA what he will do. He is NOT a known quantity. When America is at war and the economy is fading fast, we could be stuck with an empty orator who will be shell-shocked when the realities of the office sink in. So, these Obama people are putting America at a huge risk. And if the gamble doesn't pay off, they will shrug their shoulders and head for the hills.

But we will ALL be stuck with the fruits of their rhetoric, name-calling, and flirtation with the man, not the qualifications. Frankly, I RESENT IT.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:26 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Here's the thing that really upsets me. If McCain or Hillary wins, they're pretty much known quantities, they're moderates, and we don't have to worry about them doing something outrageous.

But if Obama wins, we really have NO IDEA what he will do. He is NOT a known quantity. When America is at war and the economy is fading fast, we could be stuck with an empty orator who will be shell-shocked when the realities of the office sink in. So, these Obama people are putting America at a huge risk. And if the gamble doesn't pay off, they will shrug their shoulders and head for the hills.

But we will ALL be stuck with the fruits of their rhetoric, name-calling, and flirtation with the man, not the qualifications. Frankly, I RESENT IT.
Frankly my dear i dont give a damn !!

Dubya has shown that you can get a monkey to run the US governement

Old 03-08-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
Frankly my dear i dont give a damn !!

Dubya has shown that you can get a monkey to run the US governement
I didn't vote for him, and the gamble on him failed, but we're ALL stuck with him. That's EXACTLY why I feel this way.

So, you're saying Dubya is running the US government well?

Old 03-08-2008, 05:35 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,111,891 times
If you care to see what actually happened with Obama and NAFTA, you need to watch this broadcast by the CBC, the outlet who orginally reported the Obama/NAFTA charge.

This was their report after they learned the full story.

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/8752/vsu/wmv-...memo080303.wmv

Old 03-08-2008, 05:44 PM

Oh, you mean this info?

The Canadian Press: PMO: Canadian officials only got briefing from Obama campaign - not Clinton (broken link)

Or this one? Note that this is the same newspaper that first suggested the Clinton campaign contacted someone and now they're retracting it.
globeandmail.com: Clinton camp never briefed Ottawa, official says (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080308.NAFTA08/TPStory/National - broken link)

Old 03-08-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
he said there was "no meeting" and lied for 4 days
it was only after a memo reported by AP
that he then said there was a meeting, but he blamed Hillary Clinton instead of talking responsibility
he ran off the stage when the media pounced on it
he was shocked that they even questioned him!
Now his foreign policy advisor is on tape of saying ending the war was only a "worse case scenario"
when asked he again blamed Hillary Clinton
he talks out of both sides of his mouth
who is this guy??
Yep, I can just envision what his presidency would be about. He and his inexperienced staff would make blunders such as this and then they'd blame the Republicans.

My biggest question -- which the media won't ask and Obama certainly won't volunteer -- is why on Earth his campaign advisors are in other countries and getting them involved? Are they trying to get him foreign credentials? The Obama people put the Canadian Prime Minister in a really bad and embarrassing position. People in Canada were FIRED over this. And Obama just walks away from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections