Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 06:01 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

No matter which Democrat is nominated, Trump will be running against Omar. Else the Democrat nominee is going to have to disavow everything that Omar stands for. For example, Biden has already been forced to apologize, yes apologize, for the deportations that took place under Obama.

This is classic Trump at his best at his MASSIVE rally in the former Obama swing state of NC last night. Forget WI, MI, & PA. Democrats are going to have a hard time holding onto ME, NH and MN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0nbnReq2C_4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:23 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Its strange you mentioned this- my cousin's daughter lives in NC, comes from what I would consider a conservative family, and is a military wife. This morning her Facebook post (of which there are maybe 2-3 per month) was a Trump link and proclamation that that was not who she was, who she wants to associate, or who she wants her children to be.

Trump is a master at amping up his base but he barely eeked out that 2016 win. If he starts losing suburban women as Republicans did in the 2018 midterms, he will be toast. This might also be an odd tact in NC since the Raleigh Durham metro has so many highly educated, successful immigrants.

It's also worth noting a Dem never wins the Presidency by winning NC- in 08 it was barely an Obama win but it was basically 5 or 6 states past the ones that actually pushed him past 269. Only the razor thin win in Indiana was less relevant. If Trump is staking his campaign on NC it would mean he's already lost Pa, Mi and wi- and would likely be in for a battle in Ga as well.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Its strange you mentioned this- my cousin's daughter lives in NC, comes from what I would consider a conservative family, and is a military wife. This morning her Facebook post (of which there are maybe 2-3 per month) was a Trump link and proclamation that that was not who she was, who she wants to associate, or who she wants her children to be.

Trump is a master at amping up his base but he barely eeked out that 2016 win. If he starts losing suburban women as Republicans did in the 2018 midterms, he will be toast. This might also be an odd tact in NC since the Raleigh Durham metro has so many highly educated, successful immigrants.

It's also worth noting a Dem never wins the Presidency by winning NC- in 08 it was barely an Obama win but it was basically 5 or 6 states past the ones that actually pushed him past 269. Only the razor thin win in Indiana was less relevant. If Trump is staking his campaign on NC it would mean he's already lost Pa, Mi and wi- and would likely be in for a battle in Ga as well.
If Georgia didn’t go blue with an extremist black woman on the ticket in the biggest blue wave election ever it’s not going blue for awhile. I would say 2028 is earliest. Remember that North Carolina prior to 2008 had showed signs for awhile it was flipping or trying to go purple. Outside of Abrams scare Georgia hasn’t shown any signs of that

Old 07-18-2019, 08:03 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Actually while he may be reinforcing his Republican base, it is driving away the Independents he will need in a general election. This act is not going down as well as his base thinks it is outside of his supporters.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
If you actually live in the United States, it would not be strange to you. Obviously you seem to know little about NC and the people who live here. Hillary spent $40,000,000 campaigning in this state alone. That's how bad she wanted and needed it.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Actually while he may be reinforcing his Republican base, it is driving away the Independents he will need in a general election. This act is not going down as well as his base thinks it is outside of his supporters.

Do you think the independents are flocking to Omar? Look at that massive crowd at that rally last night. They were ordinary Americans and not all republican.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:34 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you actually live in the United States, it would not be strange to you. Obviously you seem to know little about NC and the people who live here. Hillary spent $40,000,000 campaigning in this state alone. That's how bad she wanted and needed it.
I can go one further- I've lived my entire life in the Carolinas. I wonder why you would question me being a US citizen since half my posts on this board relate to traffic complaints and which restaurant will be a better option for dinner. Projection much?

I am pointing out to you that the very type of voter who Trump needs to win was completely turned off by that rally in her home state. But if you think cobbling together a R coalition without Southern Baptist, military families is the way to go, please proceed.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:40 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No matter which Democrat is nominated, Trump will be running against Omar. Else the Democrat nominee is going to have to disavow everything that Omar stands for. For example, Biden has already been forced to apologize, yes apologize, for the deportations that took place under Obama.

This is classic Trump at his best at his MASSIVE rally in the former Obama swing state of NC last night. Forget WI, MI, & PA. Democrats are going to have a hard time holding onto ME, NH and MN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0nbnReq2C_4
Dream on except NH.

Trump is still going to win with the same map except PA is likely to flip back because of Philly.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Dream on except NH.

Trump is still going to win with the same map except PA is likely to flip back because of Philly.

So Trump holds a rally in PA, 20,000+ show up.

Biden holds is "kickoff" rally in Philly, barely 900 show up. Even Hillary did better than that during her kickoff rally. These days, he's doing good if he gets 100.

This speaks for itself.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:44 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
If Georgia didn’t go blue with an extremist black woman on the ticket in the biggest blue wave election ever it’s not going blue for awhile. I would say 2028 is earliest. Remember that North Carolina prior to 2008 had showed signs for awhile it was flipping or trying to go purple. Outside of Abrams scare Georgia hasn’t shown any signs of that

You say Georgia hasnt shown signs of this, but Clinton gained 30,000 votes more in Georgia than Obama did in his 08 landslide. While trump only got 10,000 more votes than Romney. And Stacy Abrams, in a midterm, got 50,000 more votes than Clinton.

Georgia is on the same path as North Carolina and Virginia before it. Voters are not switching sides, young people are getting old enough to vote, and new people are moving in. Its the Northern Virignia tipping point, but instead, its Atlanta and its suburbs.

Hillary flipped 3 or 4 of the Atlanta suburb counties , Abrams won those counties by larger margins.

Clearly Georgia is shifting, and doing so faster than some thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections