Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,029 times

Advertisements

A Clinton SD has switched to Obama. D.C. City Council Member Harry Thomas Jr. says he will withdraw his support for Clinton in favor of Obama. Smart move going with the winner. This plus a pickup of an Okla. super means a net gain of 3 for Obama just today.

Democratic Convention Watch now has Clinton's SD lead down to 22 at 250-228. Remember, a couple months ago her lead was near 100.

The Page - by Mark Halperin - TIME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 10:34 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,296,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
A Clinton SD has switched to Obama. D.C. City Council Member Harry Thomas Jr. says he will withdraw his support for Clinton in favor of Obama. Smart move going with the winner. This plus a pickup of an Okla. super means a net gain of 3 for Obama just today.

Democratic Convention Watch now has Clinton's SD lead down to 22 at 250-228. Remember, a couple months ago her lead was near 100.

The Page - by Mark Halperin - TIME
Gee, I wonder what the Clintonistas are going to bring up about Mr. Thomas

Old 04-17-2008, 10:38 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,122,961 times
Why all the hate toward the Clintons? Is that what you Obama supporters are---haters??? Hillary had kind words and love for Barack Hussein Obama last night. Where was his love?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:51 AM

439 posts, read 606,472 times
MSNBC just announced that Obama has picked up 5 SD's since Sunday Clinton 0 her negative ratings amoung Americans are hurting her.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:06 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,873,196 times
I really think people are being stubborn and stupid. I found her to be quite endearing last night as well as personable. People have preconceived notions about her and they refuse to budge. It's going to bit us in the behind too b/c BHO is not a good democratic candidate. I might have to vote for him but I'm not going to like it one bit!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:17 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I really think people are being stubborn and stupid. I found her to be quite endearing last night as well as personable. People have preconceived notions about her and they refuse to budge. It's going to bit us in the behind too b/c BHO is not a good democratic candidate. I might have to vote for him but I'm not going to like it one bit!
I find it hard to understand how you can find a proven liar to be "endearing" or "personable." She will do anything to win, crying, acting etc. and has been doing so her entire public career. Personally, being a Democrat, I've grown tired of trying to defend Hillary. I wish she would just go away, she gives the party a bad name.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:24 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,587,775 times
I just heard 3 superdelagates in Pennsylvania are switching their support from Hillary to Obama due to the negative tone of the debate. Every Super delegate adds up!! The whole debate was negative. The moderators even got boos because the focus was mainly on gaffes and mishaps instead of the issues and policies.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,296,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Why all the hate toward the Clintons? Is that what you Obama supporters are---haters???
Some of your gems directed at Barack Obama's wife:

"Michelle Obama, Manic Depressive"

"One the surliest bitter people I have ever seen."

"What a nut!"

"Could appeal to angry people who are __(rhymes with "itchey")"

Old 04-17-2008, 01:10 PM

580 posts, read 1,682,275 times
Hillary campaign doesnt seem that negative to me, she's just trying to show the people where he stands in differ from her.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:17 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,587,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
Hillary campaign doesnt seem that negative to me, she's just trying to show the people where he stands in differ from her.
trying to point of flemsy Obama connections to Farrakan is pretty negative to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections