Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:31 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times

Advertisements

Obama is ahead in the popular vote AND delegates, if you count Kenya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 09:40 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
I note that when we're discussing the possibility of Hillary actually having the majority of the popular vote (before the DNC throws out whatever votes/states they feel voted against some arbitrary rule) the argument that the supers must vote with the people suddenly disappears.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
It is amazing to me to see the same people who whined about the popular vote and how important Florida was for Gore are now saying Floirda doesn't matter? Confused people and they all seem to be Obama fan club members.

It sure does, my goodness it doesnt take a very smart person to realize that if you exclude Florida from being counted there is "no way" on earth either dem candidate can win the WH without carrying Floirda.

So, for those who do not think Florida and Michigan count you had better think hard because if those two states do not count then none of us count. I thought we were one country and not pick and choose because your candidate LOST both states.

Sorry, I know allot of people in Florida and their were record numbers of voters who turned out, tha excuse it nil and useless.

They did turn out in record numbers and Clinton won, fair and square!

For those who didnt vote and were not smart enough to vote we do not need them to vote anyway. Records numbers of others turned out and if you did not too bad, you had your chance.

It am totally shocked that people flip flop your thoughts just to enhance your own candidate.

I might be wrong but something tells me in the end Hillary will get Florida and Michigan and the supers will have to give it to her because she will be ahead in the popular vote and had won all the important big states needed to win the WH. Pass it off how you want, but Obama cannot beat McCain without all those larger states and the DNC and supers will and should see that.

The end is near for Obama because the Clintons will prevail no matter how much money Obama spends or how he steals votes at the end of the day the peoples votes count and Clinton is the clear winner at the end of the last day!

** I think they should discount all the states that Obama won early on because people were told he was golden, honest, etc ( what a joke! ) now millions have changed their minds about him and would not vote for him again.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 AM

439 posts, read 605,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
What on earth are you talking about? The states and the party, and the candidates agreed on this course of action, and are now clucking on about it like it was a surprise.

That either candidate is now suddenly deciding that what they agreed to is now no longer the case is disingenuous. Is it not? If not, I'd be curious to hear your argument as to why not. What you presented above what not an argument as to why not.
What they are talking about here is grasping at straws. If Hillary was ahead without them she wouldn't even be talking about this issue. Because she knows she doesn't stand a chance in Hell of winning without them she decides to move the Goal Post yet again as long as it benefits her.

I spoke to friends in FL and they are really pissed off and rightly so. They didn't vote because they were under the impression that it would not count. So what about all that obeyed the rules does she really care about them. The Rules were in place and they should be followed. These people will have their chance to vote in November. Hillary stated many times that their votes would not count. Now they are singing a different tune aren't they.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:44 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
I note that when we're discussing the possibility of Hillary actually having the majority of the popular vote (before the DNC throws out whatever votes/states they feel voted against some arbitrary rule) the argument that the supers must vote with the people suddenly disappears.
An arbitrary rule that all the states agreed to.

Not to mention, if I had lived in Michigan or Florida, I would not have voted as I actually pay attention to what is going on in the world around me, and I would be furious and writing very angry letters to the DNC demanding that they not disenfranchise me by counting only the votes of people who for some inexplicable reason voted even though they were clearly told their votes would not count.

But clearly this is a thread full of people whose apparent 'job' is to not understand this. So I have nothing more to say.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:54 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
It is amazing to me to see the same people who whined about the popular vote and how important Florida was for Gore are now saying Floirda doesn't matter? Confused people and they all seem to be Obama fan club members.

It sure does, my goodness it doesnt take a very smart person to realize that if you exclude Florida from being counted there is "no way" on earth either dem candidate can win the WH without carrying Floirda.

So, for those who do not think Florida and Michigan count you had better think hard because if those two states do not count then none of us count. I thought we were one country and not pick and choose because your candidate LOST both states.

Sorry, I know allot of people in Florida and their were record numbers of voters who turned out, tha excuse it nil and useless.

They did turn out in record numbers and Clinton won, fair and square!

For those who didnt vote and were not smart enough to vote we do not need them to vote anyway. Records numbers of others turned out and if you did not too bad, you had your chance.

It am totally shocked that people flip flop your thoughts just to enhance your own candidate.

I might be wrong but something tells me in the end Hillary will get Florida and Michigan and the supers will have to give it to her because she will be ahead in the popular vote and had won all the important big states needed to win the WH. Pass it off how you want, but Obama cannot beat McCain without all those larger states and the DNC and supers will and should see that.

The end is near for Obama because the Clintons will prevail no matter how much money Obama spends or how he steals votes at the end of the day the peoples votes count and Clinton is the clear winner at the end of the last day!

** I think they should discount all the states that Obama won early on because people were told he was golden, honest, etc ( what a joke! ) now millions have changed their minds about him and would not vote for him again.
Those "record numbers of people" knew full well their votes wouldn't count. It was no secret. The rules were set before the election, and MI and FL knew the consequences. To back off and change the rules now is silly nonsense.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
. . . . Because she knows she doesn't stand a chance in Hell of winning without them she decides to move the Goal Post yet again as long as it benefits her.
. . . .
So the idea that we count all votes is now considered moving the goal posts?!

Old 04-23-2008, 10:04 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Quote:
My point isn't that complicated. If you take into account the voters of FL and MI Hillary is currently leading the popular vote. . . . I'm sure you can come up with all type of reasons to exclude their votes. But if the goal of a primary is to actually count votes, Hillary's winning.
If you take into account that rules are rules and they cannot be changed in the middle of the contest........Hillary is nowhere close!

Old 04-23-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
If you take into account that rules are rules and they cannot be changed in the middle of the contest........Hillary is nowhere close!
It's interesting to see the DNC and Obama puts more weight on a party bureaucrat declaration than the desire of individual citizens. Just like to keep track of when Obama thinks a vote should count and when he feels a citizen or state should be ignored.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
It's interesting to see the DNC and Obama puts more weight on a party bureaucrat declaration than the desire of individual citizens. Just like to keep track of when Obama thinks a vote should count and when he feels a citizen or state should be ignored.
Spin it all you want. The rules were in place before the primaries. Every voter in that state that was paying attention knew their votes were moot. No one's trying to pull a fast one here. The process has transparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections