Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:28 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,023,312 times

Advertisements

CBS Poll: Obama Leads, But..., CBS/NY Times Poll: Obama Bests Clinton By Eight Points Among Democrats, But Clinton Fares Better In Head-To-Head With McCain - CBS News

I guess the theory that dem voters would not take seriously Obama "scandals" is now debunked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 10:32 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,273,648 times
Quote:
Obama leads Clinton 46 percent to 38 percent among Democrats who have either already voted in a primary contest or still plan to, with 14 percent saying they are undecided or don't know whom they support. The eight-point margin marks an increase from April 3rd, when Obama led Clinton by three points.
Obama leads Clinton 46 percent to 38 percent among Democrats who have either already voted in a primary contest or still plan to, with 14 percent saying they are undecided or don't know whom they support. The eight-point margin marks an increase from April 3rd, when Obama led Clinton by three points.

NO BUYERS REMORSE THERE....

Old 05-01-2008, 10:35 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,521,168 times
They appeared on the Today Show this AM and lacked credibility in my estimation. Explaining, defending the remarks made in SF and Rev Wright's impact.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:40 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,627,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
They appeared on the Today Show this AM and lacked credibility in my estimation. Explaining, defending the remarks made in SF and Rev Wright's impact.
I missed it with the morning coffee....seriously, who cares, we need a candidate who wants to discuss the issues, like the Economy. Until that pastor signs a government check or can veto a bill, I honestly think he's like any other nut who tells me the sun is already gone cuz it's last rays are reaching us and we're billions of miles away and we don't know it yet.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:40 AM

437 posts, read 632,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post

NO BUYERS REMORSE THERE....
HillBillies aren't going to let something as tiny as mathematics and facts screw up their arguments.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,023,312 times
Selective KEY statistics

Quote:
Today, 48 percent of Democratic primary voters think Obama has the best chance of defeating McCain in November, down 8 points from a month ago. Thirty-seven percent say Clinton is more likely to beat McCain.
Quote:
But a smaller percentage of Democratic primary voters now see Obama, who has been on the defensive following revelations of his controversial former pastor's statements and his leaked comments that some voters had become "bitter," as their party's likely nominee. Fifty-one percent now say they expect Obama to win the nomination, down from 69 percent on April 3rd, while thirty-four percent now expect Clinton to be the nominee, up from 21 percent a month ago.
Quote:
In a head-to-head match-up with McCain, Clinton fared better than her rival: The New York senator led McCain 48 percent to 43 percent among all registered voters, while Obama and McCain were tied at 45 percent
Quote:
Thirty-five percent of Clinton voters say they would vote for McCain in the fall if Obama is the Democratic nominee. Twenty-three percent of Obama supporters say they would crossover if Clinton heads the ticket.

By contrast, more than eight in ten voters who call themselves Republicans say they will vote for McCain in November over either Obama or Clinton.

Quote:
McCain leads Obama 47 percent to 44 percent among all female registered voters. That marks a 16 point swing from a month ago, when Obama led McCain 51 percent to 38 percent among the group. Among white women, McCain has extended his edge over Obama from four points to seventeen. He leads Obama 55 percent to 38 percent among the group.
Quote:
Obama's unfavorable rating has risen over the past month. On April 3rd, he was viewed favorably by 43 percent of registered voters and unfavorably by 24 percent. Now he is viewed favorably by 39 percent and unfavorably by 34 percent - a ten point increase in unfavorable rating.
Quote:
McCain is viewed as the best of the three candidates on handling an international crisis - 53 percent of registered voters say they have confidence in him to do so, versus 39 percent for Obama. He is also seen as the most patriotic, with 92 percent identifying him as such. Eight-seven percent of registered voters said the same of Clinton, and just 75 percent said Obama is patriotic

Old 05-01-2008, 10:53 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,447,801 times
Scoreboard

Super Delegates

Clinton-260
Obama-244

lead down to 16 was over 100

Overall delegate count

Obama-1734
Clinton-1596

A difference of 138. For all the controversy over Wright, Obama's delegate lead has actually increased.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,521,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I missed it with the morning coffee....seriously, who cares, we need a candidate who wants to discuss the issues, like the Economy. Until that pastor signs a government check or can veto a bill, I honestly think he's like any other nut who tells me the sun is already gone cuz it's last rays are reaching us and we're billions of miles away and we don't know it yet.
'Change'.

That is not the way to engage me.

I think his wife is 'scary'.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,627,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
'Change'.

That is not the way to engage me.

I think his wife is 'scary'.
Mrs. Obama can't sign a bill and neither can Mr. Clinton.
I want to know about the Economy. I can care less about the silly matters that most people use or are swayed by as a distraction.

Politicians wives and pastors, are people and people have their own voices and opinions. And that's just what they are.

I care much more about the "process" that the person who ultimately has to make the decision goes through. With this in mind Barack tends to think, and surround himself in policy making situations with absolute experts. He could go to a buddist priest for salvation and if that's where he finds God then good for him.

I want to know about the Economy.

I've read the candidates plans as well as looked at proponents and opponents of each in equal measure, anything else is sideshow and for those easily entertained and prone to superficial reliance on rumormill data.

five days

Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 AM

437 posts, read 632,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Mrs. Obama can't sign a bill and neither can Mr. Clinton.
And neither can Rev. Wright. PLEASE remind the country of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections