Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:26 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,246,475 times

Advertisements

Interesting article on how Obama got his delegate lead. Free Preview - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Edwards is far more liberal than Barack. Once America sees what these two have in store for the future of America, I have no doubt that Americans will be screaming for a republican in 2012.
But...but...but, didn't I hear folks here repeatedly telling us how OBAMA was the most Liberal senator?

It seems reality is changing right before my eyes. I suppose if Obama ends up choosing Richardson to be his running mate, then somehow Richardson will suddenly be the most Liberal senator eh?

LOL

Ken

Old 05-16-2008, 12:02 AM

237 posts, read 298,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Maybe the bumper sticker could look something like this

Both Obama and Edwards are two likable people. They would work better together as president and VP than Obama and Hillary would. The mistake in 04 was having John Kerry on the ticket. People obviously thought John Kerry was to aritocratic.

it must feel good not to have such a problem.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:06 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
But...but...but, didn't I hear folks here repeatedly telling us how OBAMA was the most Liberal senator?

It seems reality is changing right before my eyes. I suppose if Obama ends up choosing Richardson to be his running mate, then somehow Richardson will suddenly be the most Liberal senator eh?

LOL

Ken
No, that title would still go to Edwards.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:54 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Give me a break;if Obama had upset Hillary he would have the noimination. Instead he lost worse than expected and keep hilary in contention. As it now satnds he will have to rely on the super delegates;no a win by the state primaries.That weakens him going int the general elction wre he has to convence more moderate indepndents and the blur collar workers he has failed to attrach in the party itself.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
John Edwards has said he decided to endorse Obama now because of Hillary's big win in West Virginia. He was concerned that the Clinton storyline that said Obama cant win working class whites was damaging to Obama and the democratic party.
. . . . Obama and Hillary both need to realize that winning the "working class democrats" will never give them a majority of their party

Old 05-22-2008, 08:44 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Give me a break;if Obama had upset Hillary he would have the noimination. Instead he lost worse than expected and keep hilary in contention. As it now satnds he will have to rely on the super delegates;no a win by the state primaries.That weakens him going int the general elction wre he has to convence more moderate indepndents and the blur collar workers he has failed to attrach in the party itself.
I agree, Hillary has fallen very far from her lofty perch but has yet to hit the ground and bump her head. However do the math he has won a majority of the popular vote. The rules are set up to give management a vote in who gets the nomination if the winner wins with a majority ( he has) but has not reached a magical total. Sorta like the NFL saying you need 28 points to win a game in 60 minutes and the score at the end of regulation is 27 to 24. So the commissioner gets to decide who wins. He now does have a majority within the agree upon rules. So Hillary is hoping to convince the commissioner to change the rules so she has a chance. Wow what a sportsman or is it sportsgirl? Sorry I mean sportswoman.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:02 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
However do the math he has won a majority of the popular vote. . . .
No matter how many times this lie is repeated, it simply isn't and won't be true. Obama believers close their eyes tightly and pretend it doesn't exist but the fact are: Of those who voted for a candidate, more choose Hillary than Obama.

From realclearpolitics:

Popular Vote (w/FL & MI) Obama - 17,242,495; Clinton - 17,416,090 --- Clinton +173,595

Now, Obama has gotten more delegates but Hillary has gotten more of the popular vote -- fact. The only way the party can put Obama ahead is to start tossing and disenfranchising certain states and they're busy finding reasons to do so.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:11 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
No matter how many times this lie is repeated, it simply isn't and won't be true. Obama believers close their eyes tightly and pretend it doesn't exist but the fact are: Of those who voted for a candidate, more choose Hillary than Obama.

From realclearpolitics:

Popular Vote (w/FL & MI) Obama - 17,242,495; Clinton - 17,416,090 --- Clinton +173,595

Now, Obama has gotten more delegates but Hillary has gotten more of the popular vote -- fact. The only way the party can put Obama ahead is to start tossing and disenfranchising certain states and they're busy finding reasons to do so.
As opposed to disenfranchising ALL the states (Iowa, Nevada, Alaska, Washington, Maine, Idaho, Minnesota, North Dakota, Colorado, Idaho and Kansas) that held caucuses to determine their delegates?

Hmmm...

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections