Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Biden has deep ties to Rezko accomplice :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Tony Rezko (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/rezko/1124666,CST-NWS-rezko25.article - broken link)

Quote:
When the Delaware senator began contemplating his own 2008 presidential run, he initially was helped by Chicago lawyer Joseph Cari Jr., who also served as Biden's Midwest field director in his failed 1988 bid for president.

In 2005, Cari admitted to taking part in an $850,000 kickback scheme that prosecutors say was part of a larger political fund-raising operation for Gov. Blagojevich overseen by Rezko, who was convicted in June of wide-ranging corruption involving state deals.

On the day Cari's name first surfaced in the federal probe of the state Teachers Retirement System, the former finance chairman for the Democratic National Committee and for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee was to have hosted a Biden fund-raiser in Chicago. Cari was a no-show at that July 25, 2005, event.
Goodness gracious! Hurry up and get this convention over with before obama changes his mind or the delegates elect a VP for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 12:22 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
LOL, you republicans are deluded if you think things like that is goin to win McCain the presidency.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:25 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,723 times
sanrene, notwithstanding the issue of some highly questionable associations both candidates have had in the past, can you give me some fundamental policy issues to help me make a choice.

I mean, you can't possibly think I would be discouraged from voting for Obama just because of this.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:25 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
How deluded you must be to go on about this Rezko nonsense?

Obama has not been even accused of doing anything wrong.

Let me say it again. Nobody is accusing Obama of having done anything wrong.

It's been gone over with a fine tooth comb. They found NOTHING.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
How deluded you must be to go on about this Rezko nonsense?

Obama has not been even accused of doing anything wrong.

Let me say it again. Nobody is accusing Obama of having done anything wrong.

It's been gone over with a fine tooth comb. They found NOTHING.
My mother would always tell me hanging with, buying homes with, being neighbors with, serving on boards with, hosting parties with, etc. etc. 16 count felons; murderers, domestic terrorists, racist preaching friends was wrong. Yours may feel differently.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
My mother would always tell me hanging with, buying homes with, being neighbors with, serving on boards with, hosting parties with, etc. etc. 16 count felons; murderers, domestic terrorists, racist preaching friends was wrong. Yours may feel differently.

In other words, you have no clue as to what wrong doing he's even accused of.

Ask your Mama, maybe she'll set you straight.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
In other words, you have no clue as to what wrong doing he's even accused of.

Ask your Mama, maybe she'll set you straight.

One is what the company they keep are. Dumbo has some strange bedfellows. I know I wouldn't let them in MY house.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Well since the McCain's Campaign Florida Co-Chairman got arrested trying to blow a large black man in a public restroom.

What exactly are you saying about McCain.....???

Here's what McCain said about that dirty little rascal.

"Bob Allen (R) was appointed Florida co-Chairman of the McCain campaign in March. At the time, McCain said he was proud of the support he received from Allen and that Allen and his three co-chairs were "respected leaders in their communities and have real experience wrestling with the important issues of our day." McCain pledged to "turn to these leaders. Their counsel will be very helpful and their support invaluable."

Old 08-25-2008, 01:42 PM

479 posts, read 879,339 times
Does McCain ties with the Mob want to make you change your vote then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
One is what the company they keep are. Dumbo has some strange bedfellows. I know I wouldn't let them in MY house.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:52 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Does McCain ties with the Mob want to make you change your vote then?
That's it, you got it! On the side of his A4 Skyhawk his call sign was HITMAN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections