Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:54 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,413 times

Advertisements

Cindy McCain may be a slobbering, twitching, head-bobbing drug addict, but at least she's proud of an America where some people would rather see her in the White House than some uppity negress who won't stay in her place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 09:54 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
When Colin Powell was being encouraged to run for President (or even VP), this is the type of nonsense that his wife was concerned about.

And, out of respect for her condition, Powell avoided pursuing the issue further - And, we were the big losers - We lost a fine man.

So, I guess those of you posting this type of "talk show scandal" crap remind the rest of us of why many competent and great people avoid politics.
I agree, thank God these people aren't indicative of the people out in the real world. I hope!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The fact that such info exists is cause for concern. We're trying to elect a leader, not another headache.
You can do better than that. You are falling into the troll trap. I thought you were better than that. Was I wrong?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It should not be, no.

Mrs Reagan was doped up half of her time in the White House, and she seemed to do just fine delivering her antidrug message without slurring or nodding off.

Thankfully Mrs Obama will be the first lady, so we won't have to worry about any of that.
I really hesitated to do this but it really is funny based on the supposed tape floating about.

When/if the Obamas take up home in the White House will Michelle hang a sign outside stating "No Whities Allowed"?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Cindy McCain may be a slobbering, twitching, head-bobbing drug addict, but at least she's proud of an America where some people would rather see her in the White House than some uppity negress who won't stay in her place.
Looks like we have another troll. Maybe it's time to close this thread?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
I am not a McCain fan, but I don't see why Cindy McCain's drug issues are relavent. She realized she had a problem, got help and as far as I know she is not currently abusing drugs. This illness/problem effects many people in this country and to bring it up and try to make it an issue is in poor taste in my opinion. I think there is plenty of ammunition to fight McCain with besides bringing up his wife's personal problems.
Cindy McCain was addicted for almost 4 years she didn't, as you surmise, realize she had a problem and got help. Her charity (AVMT) was being investigated because Cindy, as I previously mentioned, had gotten volunteer doctors to write prescriptions which she filled for herself in patient's names. Apparently, one of the doctors went to the DEA, which in turn launched an investigation of Cindy and her charity.

My point is this, she was forced to get help, she never initiated the rehab process. The whole rather tawdry episode speaks to a lack of character and moral values on the part of Cindy McCain.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
It seems to me that if we hold Mrs. McCain to such high standards regarding her past drug use, then Obama and his admitted use of drugs, including cocain, should also be considered. I think this is just a sad example of American politics hitting the bottom of the barrel. I do agree that Mrs. Obama seems much more like a first lady than Cindy McCain, only she won't be the president. What a choice.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:11 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
It seems to me that if we hold Mrs. McCain to such high standards regarding her past drug use, then Obama and his admitted use of drugs, including cocain, should also be considered. I think this is just a sad example of American politics hitting the bottom of the barrel. I do agree that Mrs. Obama seems much more like a first lady than Cindy McCain, only she won't be the president. What a choice.
Excellent point. You can bet, if they target Cindy, Obama's drug use will be great fodder. Also, there seems to be more than just drug use. I thought that BET chairman had hinted that he also sold drugs.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:14 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Excellent point. You can bet, if they target Cindy, Obama's drug use will be great fodder. Also, there seems to be more than just drug use. I thought that BET chairman had hinted that he also sold drugs.
Heck Bush admitted to cocaine use and heavy alcohol drinking, but this thread is about Cindy McCain. Please address her indiscretions and stop trying to change the subject.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Heck Bush admitted to cocaine use and heavy alcohol drinking, but this thread is about Cindy McCain. Please address her indiscretions and stop trying to change the subject.
Cindy McCain got hooked on a pain relivers prescribed to her after back surgeries. She has had high blood pressure issues and health issues in general. Boy you people are pathetic, really pathetic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections