Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times

Advertisements

Getting to know Cindy McCain:
Friday, May 09, 2008

She graduated from Southern Cal and was a special-needs teacher. After her Dad died she became involved with his beer distributing firm and is now the chairwoman.

She is involved around the world clearing land mines - travels to the countries on a detonation team and served on their board.

They have a 19 year old serving in Iraq, another son in the Naval Academy , a daughter recently graduated from Columbia Univ. , an adopted daughter in high school, and a son who is the finance guy at the beerfirm.

In 1991, Mrs. McCain came across a girl in an orphanage in Bangladesh . Mother Teresa implored Mrs. McCain to take the baby with severe cleft palate.
She did so without first telling her husband. The couple adopted the girl who has had a dozen operations to repair her cleft palate and other medical problems.

They have a Family Foundation for children's causes.

She's active with "Halo Trust" - to clear land mines, provide water andfood in war ravaged and developing countries.

She will join an overseas mission of "Operation Smile", a charity for corrective surgery on children's faces.

causa nostrae laetitiae: Getting to know Cindy McCain

So here comes Cindy McCain, one tough cookie. Most Americans don’t know yet that Bridget McCain, who had a cleft palate as a baby, probably would have died if Cindy hadn’t taken her home from Mother Theresa’s orphanage in 1991.
Or realize that Cindy kicked an addiction to Percocet and Vicodin 15 years ago.
Or that she’s been through several miscarriages, a hysterectomy, surgery on her right arm from shaking too many hands during the 2000 campaign, and a serious stroke in 2004.
Or that she has two sons in the military, including one just back from Iraq.

Cindy McCain, Meet Everyone. Everyone, Meet Cindy McCain. -- Daily Intel -- New York News Blog -- New York Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 10:51 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
I always wondered why she was so distant towards the crowds in this election. Thank you for sharing.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:53 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Thank you!

Sounds like the type of first lady we need, one who has already reached out to help others.

People can attack her all they want, but it is pretty tough to beat her record of accomplishments.

I really admire her myself. She has overcome allot of things to still be a classy successful woman.

She will make the perfect first lady.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
All that is fine but I want to see the tax returns, I want to know what and who she has business dealings with and I want to know if she has ever employed illegal aliens or discriminated against blacks and gays. Also I want to know how the medical care for the adopted foreign child was paid for. Was it paid for by John McCain's family plan? The reason I ask is because the McCains oppose univerversal healthcare for American children and if they brought a foreign child here and had it treated at taxpayer expense while American children with the same conditions are left untreated.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
All that is fine but I want to see the tax returns, I want to know what and who she has business dealings with and I want to know if she has ever employed illegal aliens or discriminated against blacks and gays. Also I want to know how the medical care for the adopted foreign child was paid for. Was it paid for by John McCain's family plan? The reason I ask is because the McCains oppose univerversal healthcare for American children and if they brought a foreign child here and had it treated at taxpayer expense while American children with the same conditions are left untreated.
Tax returns are private, and not required to be released.

Since she is on the board of a company, I bet that company has business dealings with beer suppliers. Yes, we all know about those terrorists who operate beer distribution companies, but since she is employed by a company, you want to demand to know what business dealings a PRIVATE company have? Why are you not calling for the same from those on the left? Where was your postings about President Clintons business dealings, or the contracts that PRIVATE company that employes Obama's wife's has? Ohh, the calls are only one sided.

She.. does not employ anyone, she's on the board of a PRIVATE company that employes people.

So you want to know if she's employed illegal aliens, thats fine, but I dont recall hearing that the company she's employed with does. Is it guilty until innocent with you?

How about discriminating against gays.. again, she does not employ anyone, but if she did, I dont recall hearing that the company that employes her, discriminates. Guilty until innocent again? btw, its still legal to discriminat against gays.

You want to know if she employes blacks? Again, she does not employ anyone, but have you heard that they dont hire blacks? oooh, another guilty unless proven innocent argument.

As for medical care for the adopted child, it would be a private adoption, not public (outside the governmental agencies). In addition, they adopted the child which means that the child is now an american, and subject to any medical care that their parents can afford.

Now your criticizing them for correcting a childs palate.

And I thought those on the left were supposed to be supportive of those less fortunate then others and supportive of those who have more, giving to the poor... It seems there is no pleasing you is there?

Old 05-24-2008, 06:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tax returns are private, and not required to be released.

Since she is on the board of a company, I bet that company has business dealings with beer suppliers. Yes, we all know about those terrorists who operate beer distribution companies, but since she is employed by a company, you want to demand to know what business dealings a PRIVATE company have? Why are you not calling for the same from those on the left? Where was your postings about President Clintons business dealings? Ohh, the calls are only one sided.

She.. does not employ anyone, she's on the board of a company that employes..

So you want to know if she's employed illegal aliens, thats fine, but I dont recall hearing that the company she's employed with does. Is it guilty until innocent with you?

How about discriminating against gays.. again, she does not employ anyone, but if she did, I dont recall hearing that the company that employes her, discriminates. Guilty until innocent again? btw, its still legal to discriminat against gays.

You want to know if she employes blacks? Again, she does not employ anyone, but have you heard that they dont hire blacks? oooh, another guilty unless proven innocent argument.

As for medical care for the adopted child, it would be a private adoption, not public (outside the governmental agencies). In addition, they adopted the child which means that the child is now an american, and subject to any medical care that their parents can afford.

Now your criticizing them for correcting a childs palate.

And I thought those on the left were supposed to be supportive of those left fortunate then others and supportive of those who have more, giving to the poor... It seems there is no pleasing you is there?
First of all we are entitled to demand she release ALL the records including the tax returns. We need to look deeply into all the business dealings. It is not that beer distributors are in with terrorist but it is a well known fact that organized crime and beer and liquor go together like bacon and eggs. Right now I know nothing of the company she runs. I want to know everything. As for illegal aliens, it is not just the company but have they had their lawn cut or domestic help that was illegal? Who is their nanny? As for the child, my problem is not in treating the child but in the fact that Sen McCain has a GOVERNMENT health plan- which the McCain OPPOSE for other American children- that might have paid for all the medical care this child- who was brought here from a foreign nation- is getting. This while children that were born here go untreated for the same thing and other illnesses like cancer because McCain and the GOP oppose any "government healthcare" except of course for their own children. McCain has never even worked in the real world. He has been on the government payroll all his life.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
First of all we are entitled to demand she release ALL the records including the tax returns. We need to look deeply into all the business dealings. Right now I know nothing of the company she runs. I want to know everything. As for illegal aliens, it is not just the company but have they had their lawn cut or domestic help that was illegal? Who is their nanny? As for the child, my problem is not in treating the child but in the fact that Sen McCain has a GOVERNMENT health plan- which the McCain OPPOSE for other American children- that might have paid for all the medical care this child- who was brought here from a foreign nation- is getting. This while children that were born here go untreated for the same thing and other illnesses like cancer because McCain and the GOP oppose any "government healthcare" except of course for their own children. McCain has never even worked in the real world. He has been on the government payroll all his life.
Please point out why you think you are entitled to DEMAND all of the records and why you think its ok to look into the tax records of the company that employes McCains wife, but not Obamas wife.

Now you want to know who their nanny is?

Ooh, so your problem is that they have a health plan tied to their job, and that they use it? Where is your criticizim of all of the people who get free health care without jobs? You'd rather sit here and cry because they have a job with benefits.

As for the child being "foreign born" False, the child was ADOPTED.. which means, according to the law, that the child was born in the USA.

Now your going to criticize him for being on the government payroll his whole life? Wow.. that sounds just like the Clintons!!

Old 05-24-2008, 06:51 AM

289 posts, read 362,093 times
I like the spouses of all the Candidates. Some more then others. I don't think anyone should try to drag any of them through the mud. What do you think the role of a First Lady or First Gentlemen should be?

Old 05-24-2008, 06:51 AM

136 posts, read 515,866 times
It sounds like Cindy McCain is a reputable lady with maybe a small pain med problem in her past. I certainly would not hold anything about her against John McCain.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Getting to know Cindy McCain:
Friday, May 09, 2008

She graduated from Southern Cal and was a special-needs teacher. After her Dad died she became involved with his beer distributing firm and is now the chairwoman.

She is involved around the world clearing land mines - travels to the countries on a detonation team and served on their board.

They have a 19 year old serving in Iraq, another son in the Naval Academy , a daughter recently graduated from Columbia Univ. , an adopted daughter in high school, and a son who is the finance guy at the beerfirm.

In 1991, Mrs. McCain came across a girl in an orphanage in Bangladesh . Mother Teresa implored Mrs. McCain to take the baby with severe cleft palate.
She did so without first telling her husband. The couple adopted the girl who has had a dozen operations to repair her cleft palate and other medical problems.

They have a Family Foundation for children's causes.

She's active with "Halo Trust" - to clear land mines, provide water andfood in war ravaged and developing countries.

She will join an overseas mission of "Operation Smile", a charity for corrective surgery on children's faces.

causa nostrae laetitiae: Getting to know Cindy McCain

So here comes Cindy McCain, one tough cookie. Most Americans don’t know yet that Bridget McCain, who had a cleft palate as a baby, probably would have died if Cindy hadn’t taken her home from Mother Theresa’s orphanage in 1991.
Or realize that Cindy kicked an addiction to Percocet and Vicodin 15 years ago.
Or that she’s been through several miscarriages, a hysterectomy, surgery on her right arm from shaking too many hands during the 2000 campaign, and a serious stroke in 2004.
Or that she has two sons in the military, including one just back from Iraq.

Cindy McCain, Meet Everyone. Everyone, Meet Cindy McCain. -- Daily Intel -- New York News Blog -- New York Magazine
Admirable life except for the fact that after being born into wealth she still became a drug addict....isn't that what neocons think only losers, poor losers do?

AND, she hasn't done much more than a lot of "born to the manor" people.....so easy to be charitable when it's all a drop in the bucket to your finances.

I'm not saying she's a bad person but no saint especially after having an affair with a married man...

And proof that not all the wealthy have "worked" for what they have as neocons contend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections