Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:20 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times

Advertisements

OK I have sat back and listened to all this nonsense about these ministers and priests for a while. So the other day I decided to watch Parsley and Hagee to see what that was all about. So Parsley is basically a snake oil salesemen asking people to send money to support his new studios, and if you do, you will be blessed. He was using the old Romper Trick of saying I feel someone is thinking of commiting suicide, I feel someone is feeling depressed, I feel someone is in need of a blessing, etc. Well having an unusual name, I learned the Romper Room trick at a young age, because they never saw a Janeann in the mirror, but all the Tommys, suicides, Joans, depressed, and Jims, blessing needer all thought the mirror was magic. So we have "televangelists" taking poor people's money, asking people to dig deep and send them money and somehow their endorsement is a prize. I am disgusted. On the other side, you have ministers and priests who are trying to stir up emotion and with it controversy. I want one of these men of God to get up one day and say hey folks, let get out of the cathedral and for this hour let's go do something nice for the people on the street, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 01:01 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, a group of Catholic mothers has started a petition to get rid of the "good father."

Petition For Removal*of Father Pfleger - The Petition Site

DO read the article they include showing why they're petitioning to Rome to have him removed!
Another one of Nobamas friends/mentors going down. The ship is sinking folks.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
I am voting for Obama as president ....not religious leader, not spiritual counselor, not Pope.......so I don't give a darn about what friends of his say.... as long as he keeps that religious BS to himself and doesn't try to legislate it then I don't care

And those who keep harping on his religion sure don't sound so religious to me ! What PHONIES!!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 01:35 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
I know many people were offended by this video, and would be even shock to have their pastor invite a guest speaker who would say such. Somewhat it seems like Barack Obama pastor and that guest speaker both made remarks on Hillary Clinton and is sorta similar.... it would be interesting to see other guest speakers they had before I would jump to conclusions (although I think I've seen enough evidence to do so ) but something to look into.
Judging from the response of the crowd in church (cheering, clapping, yelling out) this is not a new type of sermon for them. It also appears to be the type of sermon they greatly enjoy.

I'm sorry, but this video (combined with the Wright videos) says more about the church and the congregation AND Obama than anything else ever could.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:36 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
The people at this church (including Obama) and the church itself have a real problem.
It's not just the church... There is a strong racist tendency in the black culture (alteast to the black culture I was raised around and the exposure I've had being with a black woman.) When you're not exposed to it personally, it appears to be just a case of black pride. However, when you spend more time around them, you see racism like you never see in whites. It's amazing.

Those pastors aren't unusual, IME. They're average.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Could it be the Michelle tape railing about "whitey"?
While Michelle is quite the talker, I'm almost willing to bet they have a tape of Barack railing about "whitey."

That would totally kill his campaign. Totally. He'd do worse than the worst Democrat ever in the history of the country.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
It's not just the church... There is a strong racist tendency in the black culture (alteast to the black culture I was raised around and the exposure I've had being with a black woman.) When you're not exposed to it personally, it appears to be just a case of black pride. However, when you spend more time around them, you see racism like you never see in whites. It's amazing.

Those pastors aren't unusual, IME. They're average.
The pastors aren't unusual and this is why the Obama voters are trying to smooth everything over.

The only problem is that these pastors are RACIST! They keep railing against white people! How could you not call that racist?

Old 05-30-2008, 05:11 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Actually, having known Pfleger in the past, I found it that it is just him being him. I thought the video was rather funny myself- and mostly true. There is no doubt that the Clintons felt entitled to the Presidency and that Hillary was supposed to just be handed the nomination.
Pfleger is well known in Chicago for doing things like taking on merchants for selling crack pipes and gang hats and taking on billboard companies for putting malt liquor and cigarette ads all over black neighbourhoods in Chicago. He has his beliefs and doesn't really much care who likes him or not.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:29 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
what a load of crap!!
Obama and his buddies at that racist church are too much!
what was his fellow "members" doing when this this clown was spewing his hate?
they were CHEERING,
just like they cheered with rev wright and his bull crap??
Why do they all think this is funny, when it is supposed to be a "church"
Obama
will never make it to the WH.
by the time NOV rolls around he will be cooked,
there is nothing in him I would ever vote for
I have felt that way for months and all these things coming to light does is make
me know I am right for not voting for this idot.
This guy was on Obama's web sight until they took him off, just like they took off rev wright, and how many others????
What does it take to wake folks up?
This is like George W Bush all over again, people ran to him too!

Old 05-30-2008, 05:32 AM

430 posts, read 1,174,941 times
I just don't think it is a big deal. This guy was talking about Hillary and what is was saying pretty true and is what a lot of people have wrote on this forum about her. She I think thought that all she had to do was walk in and it was her's, like she was entitled. She did and does whine about everything blaming everyone for her loss. So how is what he said different from what others have said here. I'm not sure it should be said in the church but I don't think it is racial or anything else he is talking about Clinton and her behaviors. I 'm not sure after all this time and watching and listening to her and Bill and their whining and blaming everyone , that if I was in that chuch that day I may have clapped myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections