Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I am sure if it were reversed and Obama was being mocked about how he deserved to be President because he was blackie and oppressed by the slave masters over the years it would also be a hoot. Right! Get real!
Hahaha....you comparison/reversal situation is so pathetic. The preacher, who happens to be white, was just expressing his view of what he thought of Hillary's act of crying in NH. Those were his views - i thought they were comic but you just happen to think that they carry some sort of racial undertone. Very pathetic indeed. Just watch the video again, and unless you are biased, bitter, or got some sort of other issues in you - the video is purely COMIC. Don't take this offensive but are you one of the "white people" he was refering to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 11:19 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
So...you don't agree with your messiah and his remarks regarding the good rev pfleger? Basically apologizing for such back-ward, divisive comments? Obviously the great one thought the comments were bad enough to jump right on it.

Or do you agree with Wright who says that Obama is a politician and will say what he needs to say?

Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
The messiah has gotten savvy to what he needs to say in these instances. He's had enough practice over the past few months. And for sure there will be more. And I, too, am waiting for the "hate whitey" tape from the would be first lady in red. (No pun intended)

Last edited by lilypad; 05-30-2008 at 12:14 PM..

Old 05-30-2008, 11:39 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Hahaha....you comparison/reversal situation is so pathetic. The preacher, who happens to be white, was just expressing his view of what he thought of Hillary's act of crying in NH. Those were his views - i thought they were comic but you just happen to think that they carry some sort of racial undertone. Very pathetic indeed. Just watch the video again, and unless you are biased, bitter, or got some sort of other issues in you - the video is purely COMIC. Don't take this offensive but are you one of the "white people" he was refering to?
So if the same thing I suggested were directed towards Obama in a mocking way it would be a hoot? I know you won't provide a straight answer, but please try.

Why would I be offended, I thought he was just talking about Hillary, remember there we no racial overtones.

Too funny, you obviously can't keep you story straight. Don't be offended but are you one of those whitey hating people that Obama has had to disassociate himself from to get the Democrat nomination. Just curious.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:42 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
These constant calls for rejections, repudiations and denouncements draw too much attention to what amounts to a non-story. Those white people who feel that Obama is a secret "whitey" hater who will unleash murderous Black people upon the American public and appoint Louis Farrakhan as Secretary of Defense, have their opinion about Obama and no amount of apologies will change that.

Barack has wisely rendered unto Ceasar what is his, and moved on.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:57 AM

439 posts, read 1,242,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Now, this is not just one pastor. It's two...

What white America should be learning from this is how black people really feel about us... It's so deeply ingrained that it's permissible to come from their pulpits in their churches.

and, they don't see it as racism.

btw - Comparing a church to Chris Rock... ??? Comedy based anger - may be funny in a comedy routine but... we have to address the truth!
I'm not so sure about that. I went to a predominately black church about 2 miles east of Trinity and it was never as controversial as this church. Our focus was on Christ, not political jargon. That's why I was never a big fan of Rev. Wright or Meeks. These ministers do a lot of work in the community I can only respect them for that. But of course their sermons are not always what you see on CNN and Fox. We're just getting a few controversial snapshots.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:06 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Well, just in case Barry gets any bright ideas, I do think the "American public" will do their best to keep Farrakhan and Hussein away from the WH and Cabinet.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM

439 posts, read 1,242,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
I'm more upset by the fact that he felt he had to get all extra with the exaggerated antics just because he was visiting a Black church. He might as well have had on blackface. Its like he was trying too hard to show how "down with the people" he is. I absolutely agree with what he said but the delivery was quite insulting to me. He could have said what he said without the foolishness. Does he preach like that at his own church?
Well Rev. Pfeldger has worked in the black community in Chicago for as long as I can remember. The way he is talking is simply who he is. It's just like if a person from up north who moves to the south may pick up the local dialect after being around it so long. This man helped create a number of truces between gangs in the community. He may be controversial, but he's no fool. Was it fair for him to say these things about Hillary? He's saying what a lot of people have been saying since she started whinning about losing. She definitely thought she was entitled to this Presidency.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:39 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Oh, come on. Do you know WHY he had to do his idiotic "comedy routine"? Because he had NOTHING SUBSTANTIVE to say on the topic. Typical diversionary tactic -- if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS. And people at that church were eating it up with a spoon!

Two observations: First, notice that he didn't mock McCain. Gee, I wonder why that is?! The Obamaphiles have celebrated the likelihood that Hillary's campaign is over. She's done. So, why heap derision and crap like this on her? It doesn't seem to make sense (oh, but it does, when you think about it). I believe this idiot doesn't have the set required to take on the GOP so he went for an easier target AND the Catholic Church has been quite renowned for putting women in their place, so he's following their "time-honored" mindset.

Secondly, I wonder why a guest preacher would give a "sermon" such as this. What purpose does it serve and why would it be accepted? It serves to get the minions riled up about "racism" again. From what I've read about this priest, he's too politically savvy to randomly deliver what to anyone would be an over-the-top (and seemingly pointless) sermon. Nope, this was planned and calculated. The Obamaphiles are intent on keeping race as an issue in the forefront and it's shameless.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:05 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
I support Hillary Clinton

I know many people were offended by this video, and would be even shock to have their pastor invite a guest speaker who would say such. Somewhat it seems like Barack Obama pastor and that guest speaker both made remarks on Hillary Clinton and is sorta similar.... it would be interesting to see other guest speakers they had before I would jump to conclusions (although I think I've seen enough evidence to do so ) but something to look into.

Woot Hillary
I support Hillary Clinton

To update my response, I have heard the guy was a associate of Barack Obama... now was he a well associate I'm not sure ( this is what I have heard, which I'm not surprise. )

Woot Hillary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections