Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:58 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,753 times

Advertisements

Oprah Clinton needs to step aside. Sorry, the White House vacany has been pared down to two candidates and not even the likes of wonder woman can save her. Maybe she can get a talk show to air right after Tyra on 9.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 08:25 AM
KWV

2 posts, read 2,132 times
KEVK, you must be a complete idiot to think that WV doesnt matter. Or do you always speak for everyone else?? WV is a beautiful state, with great people, natural resources, low crime rates (except for the drugs being brought in from Detriot). We have all the same utilities as everyone else, cell phones etc. So before you speak about something or someone, do some research. We are all Americans, regardless of color or religion. You're just a JERK. And I am probably speaking for alot of people.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:29 AM
KWV

2 posts, read 2,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevk View Post
that is funny considering probably most of w va doesn't have electricity itself!
kevk .. You're a complete idiot !!!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:32 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWV View Post
KEVK, you must be a complete idiot to think that WV doesnt matter. Or do you always speak for everyone else?? WV is a beautiful state, with great people, natural resources, low crime rates (except for the drugs being brought in from Detriot). We have all the same utilities as everyone else, cell phones etc. So before you speak about something or someone, do some research. We are all Americans, regardless of color or religion. You're just a JERK. And I am probably speaking for alot of people.
KWV, We just ignore people and posts like that - they are too ignorant to be of concern. Heck, we even encourage people like that to think of WV in a negative light - keeps people like that out of our state.

We're like the Little Engine That Could - we just keep chugging along, the fancy new cars laugh as they pass us, but when they fall they fall big and we just keep on chugging along.

Why do I say that? Believe it or not, WV led the nation in economic growth from May to Aug. We are not experiencing the mortage crisis, in fact, Charleston has had 7% growth this year. WV has 2 cities listed in CNN/CareerBuilder.com Best Cities to Find a Job (Morgantown is #5, Chas is #13). While the country for months has been bemoaning the unemployment rate, ours has consistently been significantly lower than the national average. For Nov, we had the 9th lowest in the nation. Nov was higher than it had been partly due to the natural occurance of seasonal layoffs such as in construction.

So I'm sure people can find all kind of bad things to say about our state, find bad stats, whatever. We know who we are and what it's all about. I grew up in one of those states where people like to make fun of WV. Trust me, I would much rather be living in this wonderful state with the fantastic people.

30 best cities to find a job - CNN.com

Old 12-31-2008, 12:43 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWV View Post
Honestly speaking, why would even bring up a post that is OVER 6 MONTHS old?? I mean it is about Hillary vs Obama! We are a bit past that point now you know. Gawd dial up must be REALLY slow out there in West Virginia!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections