Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You must understand; Most of his supporters are the far, far left of the democrat party and the blacks that on the most part are voting for him because he is black.

Fortunately; they are NOT enough to put him in the WH.

Having Obama as the nominee will put more states in play for the republicans. And if you think about it, right now McCain is polling VERY well against Obama. By all standards the GOP should be far, far behind in the polls. One more consideration; he is polling well now, DESPITE not having most of the conservative base behind him.
AHHHHH there we go with "the blacks" again. I swear I never knew that people said this in normal conversation until I started posting on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 05:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,878,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I think she's afraid that this country might actually CHANGE.

Everybody may actually have an equal oppertunity. Greed may actually lose its influence over our policies. Healthcare may actually become affordable for Americans. The underprivelaged may actually be given some relief.

She's scared of CHANGE.
Drink a little more cool aide and wake up from your dream. The country will be in great trouble if the dreamer gets into office...!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:59 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I've been reading through these threads, and I gotta say, I don't know what scares me more--Obama becoming President, or just knowing the lemmings that are jumping headfirst over the cliff live and work right here in America. It's like I'm on a different planet.

I just had to get that out there. Yikes.

Okay, begin throwing tomatoes.....now.

Boo!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah, well, I guess when you only want to see one side of things, you do, eh?
If you don't consider the comment you made toward his post hostile and judgmental...
Quote:
speaking of idiots...
A lot of people seem to have forgotten that one of the things Americans love to brag about is freedom; we have the freedom to think believe we want and voice our beliefs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wonder about the people that attack others on an online forum just because they don't have the same ideas. And I wonder what type of adults their kids will become when they've been taught not to respect other people's opinions.

To me thats SCARY, SCARY, SCARY

Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
AHHHHH there we go with "the blacks" again. I swear I never knew that people said this in normal conversation until I started posting on this thread.
DOUBLE STANDARD......."the blacks" is ABSOLUTELY no different than Obama saying "typical white person". The racism and double standards within the Obama campaign and his supporters are getting really old, quick.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:23 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Drink a little more cool aide and wake up from your dream. The country will be in great trouble if the dreamer gets into office...!
It's Kool-Aid...

Dreamers built this country. Our founding fathers started with a dream, a vision.

Somewhere we lost that dream and felt that our country couldn't be improved. Its time we as Americans start believing that our country is great again and has the power to have an innovative and positive influence on the rest of the world.

The time of pessimism and scare tactics is coming to an end...its time for this country to GROW again...just like it did after the Great Depression...or WW2...or Civil War

Old 06-04-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
DOUBLE STANDARD......."the blacks" is ABSOLUTELY no different than Obama saying "typical white person". The racism and double standards within the Obama campaign and his supporters are getting really old, quick.
And I said he shouldn't have said it...but while you're trying to correct me I've pointed it out every single time someone has said it; on this thread and some not related to the election at all. Just as I would if they said "the whites" "the asians" "the mexicans" etc. I feel using the word "the" when talking about a group of people is derogatory.

So take your racism and double standards crap somewhere else, I believe what I want to and you calling it racist isn't going to change that.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:29 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,037 times
Go OBAMA!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,101 times
[quote=natalayjones;3992307]And I said he shouldn't have said it...but while you're trying to correct me I've pointed it out every single time someone has said it; on this thread and some not related to the election at all. Just as I would if they said "the whites" "the asians" "the mexicans" etc. I feel using the word "the" when talking about a group of people is derogatory.
[quote]

Exactly my point. When Obama said "typical white person" he lumped all whites into a group and that is derogatory and racist!!!! Do we really want a racist and his hateful racist wife in the White House??????? Hell no!

NOBAMA 08
NOBAMA 08
NOBAMA 08

Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,787 times
[quote=gsupstate;3992340][quote=natalayjones;3992307]And I said he shouldn't have said it...but while you're trying to correct me I've pointed it out every single time someone has said it; on this thread and some not related to the election at all. Just as I would if they said "the whites" "the asians" "the mexicans" etc. I feel using the word "the" when talking about a group of people is derogatory.
Quote:

Exactly my point. When Obama said "typical white person" he lumped all whites into a group and that is derogatory and racist!!!! Do we really want a racist and his hateful racist wife in the White House??????? Hell no!

NOBAMA 08
NOBAMA 08
NOBAMA 08
Wow, I am a white person, and I have used the phrase "typical white person", does that make me racist against white people? Obama is half black/half white, when expressing a feeling that he has on the white woman who raised him, he can use whatever term he darn well feels like saying, because that is who he is, he is part of the "typical white person" and the "typical black person", both!
Please get off this kick, I'm sure you can find something else to criticize him about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections