Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 09:05 AM

6,010 posts, read 2,832,710 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...crosstabs.html

Roughly ten percent of 2020 Biden voters say they'll back Mr. Trump this November. Another roughly ten percent are undecided. The number of 2020 Trump voters who say they'll back President Biden in November is less than one-half of a percent. Former President Trump receives ninety-seven percent support of his 2020 voters, while President Biden receives eighty-three percent support of his 2020 voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 09:26 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Interesting to see how well this post will age come November.

I personally think polling is mostly always off.

However, if 10% of Biden voters are now voting for Trump, despite all of the chaos, legal challenges and troubling issues in general with Trump as a candidate--and if Trump wins--I'll sit back and watch the Presidency turn into a tragic reality tv show, and be thankful I live in a progressive blue state.

They'll get what they deserve--and the country will get what it deserves--if Trump wins.

Old 03-03-2024, 09:41 AM

6,010 posts, read 2,832,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post

However, if 10% of Biden voters are now voting for Trump, despite all of the chaos, legal challenges and troubling issues in general with Trump as a candidate--and if Trump wins--I'll sit back and watch the Presidency turn into a tragic reality tv show, and be thankful I live in a progressive blue state.

They'll get what they deserve--and the country will get what it deserves--if Trump wins.
Safety and security?

I think not feeling safe in your own country, because of the current president's policies and attitudes, "trumps" all those concerns, of which I also share them. I need to feel safe in my own country. Until that happens, everything else is immaterial.

If immigration wasn't such an issue, I'd probably vote third party. But our country cannot afford four more years of President Biden and the Democratic Party incentivizing illegal aliens to come here, only to go "We don't know why they're coming!". Does the Democratic Party really think I'm that stupid?

Old 03-03-2024, 10:57 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Safety and security?

I think not feeling safe in your own country, because of the current president's policies and attitudes, "trumps" all those concerns, of which I also share them. I need to feel safe in my own country. Until that happens, everything else is immaterial.

If immigration wasn't such an issue, I'd probably vote third party. But our country cannot afford four more years of President Biden and the Democratic Party incentivizing illegal aliens to come here, only to go "We don't know why they're coming!". Does the Democratic Party really think I'm that stupid?
No, Dems do not believe that you are stupid. However, they know that a large contingent of their base are and will blindly follow.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:23 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Interesting to see how well this post will age come November. I personally think polling is mostly always off.

Against Trump. He always outperforms the polls since 2016. If the polls say Trump is winning, then add more weight that Joe is in a bigger trouble. Polls always favor Democrats by a few points.

Quote:
However, if 10% of Biden voters are now voting for Trump, despite all of the chaos, legal challenges and troubling issues in general with Trump as a candidate--and if Trump wins--I'll sit back and watch the Presidency turn into a tragic reality tv show, and be thankful I live in a progressive blue state.They'll get what they deserve--and the country will get what it deserves--if Trump wins.

Thanks again for the sky is falling cr@p, that train is never late. Voters have buyer's remorse with Joe, he sucks and Kamala is worse. Honest Democrats tells me this in person but you are in a deep bubble in NY.C.. With all the problems New York has and the Def Comedy Jam circus running that city and state, you are too obsessed with Trump. He doesn't even live there and he lives rent free in you head.

Can you name the top 3 issues in New York, especially N.Y.C without mentioning Trump?

Old 03-03-2024, 11:29 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
No, Dems do not believe that you are stupid. However, they know that a large contingent of their base are and will blindly follow.

and the Democrat party base don't. Is your view in San Francisco that hazy and foggy. Don't you have to be stupid and blind to keep following the same Democrat party in San Francisco, election after election and then call millions of people at other parts in the country blind and stupid. Don't you find that amusing.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:59 AM

13,686 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:

New York Times/Siena is one of the better polling outfits and 538 rates them as the best. They did very well in 2022.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Old 03-03-2024, 03:01 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
and the Democrat party base don't. Is your view in San Francisco that hazy and foggy. Don't you have to be stupid and blind to keep following the same Democrat party in San Francisco, election after election and then call millions of people at other parts in the country blind and stupid. Don't you find that amusing.
What in my post lead you to this conclusion? Reading comprehension is not required, but it does help.

Old 03-03-2024, 05:12 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:

This is not your standard election coming up. The majority of the Dems want to see a candidate other than Biden, and I don't remember an election where the majority of the people in the party did not want the candidate that would be running. Do you?

With illegal immigration, the crime and cost associated with it, and summer is coming and it will grow like the numbers coming through the southern border. And, with Biden slipping faster than ever, you have that to contend with, as 6 months can make a big difference when it comes to dementia.

"Progressive" blue state? Oxymoron. Is progress hopping over piles of poop, people wrapped in sleeping bags, used needles, illegals beating up the police, robbing the stores, kids sent home because illegals were moving into the school, citizens being evicted because the illegals are sucking down all of the legal assistance normally available to citizens............Seems to me it isn't progressive at all, but then like most conservatives, I guess my standards are just higher than that!

Old 03-04-2024, 10:23 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:

If polls are correct, that 1/3rd of Republicans disapprove of Trump, then Trump will need some Biden voters to fill the gap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections