Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:15 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I am sick to DEATH of Hillary being bashed here
if it was the other way around there would be gashing of teeth,
I am still a Hillary supporter and I am trying with all that is in me to really want to vote for Obama, but I will tell you my heart is not in it.
I can say that the ones on here that insist on division, how can you say you really believe what Obama says he wants to do??? Unity, remember???
Hillary Clinton did what no woman in history has ever done before and she should be given respect for that.
She will work her heart out to unite her supporters, just like she said she would do, but just because she does that, does not mean everything is alright and Obama will sail to the finnish line.
He limped to win, he only did it because of the SDs well he will not have them at the general election.
There is still a core of folks he will have to win to win the white house, if you think it will be easy you are wrong.
If you really want change then act like it.
Let me say just this...
"Please do not judge Obama by his supporters!" Some of them are VERY divisive and simply do not realize that we need YOUR vote just as much as any!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 12:16 PM

268 posts, read 100,739 times
No. I think she will redo what she missed during her campaign, i.e. "do the right thing" so that she can win more popularity in four years.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:20 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,941 times
You have to understand that there are many people that before she eveb ran can't stand the Clinton's. There conduct in these passed months have not changed that in many people. I responded to a post on a site where many people give there view point and I'm what a idiot like someone said. Like those who supported Clinton and will have a hard time voting for Obama. Those that didn't support her don't like her. I was right there on Tuesday wanting to hear from her some support for Obama for what he did that night and hoping to see a gracious person so I could see her in a better light that didn't take place. When the speech was done even CNN people had their mouths open. A e-mail came from the Clinton camp saying that this was her night. It wasn't. So I guess I will need to move forward myself. I support Obama right from the start and it isn't because I don't like the Clinton's. I do though want to see her actions not her words in what she does to support him moving forward. As many said she missed her time Tuesday, mabe today was better. Either way we have a candidate and I think many will support me on this, that it is good to have Obama and McCain finally and move forward to November.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:27 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Let me say just this...
"Please do not judge Obama by his supporters!" Some of them are VERY divisive and simply do not realize that we need YOUR vote just as much as any!!!

I am not judging Obama by some of his supporters,
I am saying that the ones that insist on this BS will cause harm to him.
I am sure Obama wants his supporters to grow up and act like somebody, instead of this crap.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
You have to understand that there are many people that before she eveb ran can't stand the Clinton's. There conduct in these passed months have not changed that in many people. I responded to a post on a site where many people give there view point and I'm what a idiot like someone said. Like those who supported Clinton and will have a hard time voting for Obama. Those that didn't support her don't like her. I was right there on Tuesday wanting to hear from her some support for Obama for what he did that night and hoping to see a gracious person so I could see her in a better light that didn't take place. When the speech was done even CNN people had their mouths open. A e-mail came from the Clinton camp saying that this was her night. It wasn't. So I guess I will need to move forward myself. I support Obama right from the start and it isn't because I don't like the Clinton's. I do though want to see her actions not her words in what she does to support him moving forward. As many said she missed her time Tuesday, mabe today was better. Either way we have a candidate and I think many will support me on this, that it is good to have Obama and McCain finally and move forward to November.

The pundits of course blasted her, they always blast her.
She had just won her last state in a primary that she worked her heart out on for 16 months.
There was nothing wrong with what she did, had it been the other way around, Obama would have done the same thing and I sure would not have gotten upset about it.
She did nothing wrong.
People demand that she jump hoops, I myself do not jump hoops, so why would I expect her to??
Yes, we all are going to need to come together.
If we can not come together here on this stupid thread, then how as a country can we come together??
Otherwise, it does not matter who is elected.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Hillary didn't kiss Obama's anything. She did what every loyal Democrat should do (even if it was a bit belated).

The thread is a insult to Democrats who want to end the policies of the last 7 years. I hope you aren't a Democrat, because such wording does nothing to help bring about party unity.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:49 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
as a Obama supporter I take my hat off to Hillary today for a great speech and endorsement. People forget that these canidates are emotionally invested in these campaigns and so are thier supporters. It is sad to hear some Hillary supporters say they will vote for McCain as a form of protest when really a vote for McCain is a slap in the face to what Hillary stands for. Whatever the outcome Hillary & Obama agree on almost 99% of everything with the difference being personality. If the tables were turned and Hillary was the nominee you would have to TORTURE me before I would even consider voting for McCain. Please people our future is at stake not the pettiness of our emotions.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:05 PM

454 posts, read 748,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
It is sad to hear some Hillary supporters say they will vote for McCain as a form of protest when really a vote for McCain is a slap in the face to what Hillary stands for. Whatever the outcome Hillary & Obama agree on almost 99% of everything with the difference being personality. If the tables were turned and Hillary was the nominee you would have to TORTURE me before I would even consider voting for McCain. Please people our future is at stake not the pettiness of our emotions.
No one is voting for McCain as a form of protest vote. McCain has a lot of qualities that are very attractive to a lot of Independents like myself. I am supporting Hillary, not the democratic party, so I am not obligated to vote for any Democratic Party's nominee.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:09 PM

McCain is going to get a lot of dem's becuase Obama is so liberal, I know Obama is going to be in a hell of a fight.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:18 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
McCain is going to get a lot of dem's becuase Obama is so liberal, I know Obama is going to be in a hell of a fight.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections